No announcement yet.

So, who goes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Devlin has to go! I haven't gotten over Chuck leaving.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Agreed.

So, who goes?
      At this point, i dont know, i'm for sticking with what we have for a year and figuring it out. This is because Lowry, Gay, Derozan, Valanciunas, Johnson, Ross, Fields all claim to love T.O. and All claim to want to play togheter, they all swear they will work on their game this summer, Gay got eye surgery, and since they are all so young, i have no choice but to beleive them, by the end of next year we'll know who is serious and who is just all talk. We'll know if the desire to play together will make them adjust their game to fit together. But the fanbase has grown so impatient and leiweke is promising so much to the fan base, i doubt the new GM will be allowed to sit on it for a year.

Comment

Anyone watching the Pacers/Miami game? I bet they wouldn't mind to have been able to play a guy like Granger in a game like tonight. My point being unless you got a super-star who can lift a team through anything with his scoring it's nice to have more guys on your roster who can provide points when your "star" guy is having a rough night.

Rudy + Demar = Durant but Rudy by himself = not Durant.

Lowry isn't going to be elite unless he's surrounded by other elite players, JV is probably an 18 and 11 guy when he reaches his full potential. That being said if we are to trade DD it can't be for a 13ppg and 8 rbpg version of Pau Gasol it would not drastically improve our roster. By the time JV reaches max potential already Pau is on his way out of the league.

We won't land Parker, Paul or Rondo unless we're already a championship team. We can try but if do what's next? We'll have traded all our good players to get any of those guys.

So unless we have one of the best scorers in the league on our team we should assemble a team that can all pull their own. Some nights Rudy's got it, some nights it's Demar and some nights Lowry and some nights JV has it (when he improves) but we can't act like any of those guys can win games for Toronto all on their own.

I mean, they can attempt to improve the starting roster but fact of the matter is our bench is still going to be fucking garbage. Depth is what the team needs. Not a star studded front line-up.

God, I hope I wasn't just rambling through all of that, it's hard to judge your entire post when you have to scroll up and down to read it all lol
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I'm gonna get some flak for that "Rudy + Demar = Durant" comment. You get what i'm saying though, those two combined = the talent of one super star. Divided they don't.

Comment

Not sure if anyone here has mentioned this. But i wonder if the new GM will bring Casey back? or will get his own coach??
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

better get his own coach
              plus demar and rudy still cant shoot threes like durant when combined lol

lieweke talked a bit about finding who we are as a team and casey failed to do that this year

Comment

If Derozan can't shoot three's next season then then fuck him but he has vowed to improve on that this off season.

This team is an athletic team, but the offence was soooo slow this season, you gotta work with what you got and that's not the type of game players like Lowry, DD, Gay, JV and Ross play. Those guys can run and fly high.

Tidy up the bench, see what this team can do playing faster paced offence. Combined with better overall three-point shooting as a team.

If it doesn't work, trade guys and call me an idiot.

Comment

Everyone except JV, Amir and Ross should go.

Amesty Bargs, trade DD for hopefully a mid 1st rounder (I think that is do-able), take back a horrible contract for Rudy Gay (Ben Gordon anyone?), trade Lowry for another mid 1st rounder (12th? lol).

Fields is un-tradeable.

Start JV, Amir, Fields, Gordon and Lucas. Tank for 2014.

Boom. Done!
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    Everyone except JV, Amir and Ross should go.

Amesty Bargs, trade DD for hopefully a mid 1st rounder (I think that is do-able), take back a horrible contract for Rudy Gay (Ben Gordon anyone?), trade Lowry for another mid 1st rounder (12th? lol).

Fields is un-tradeable.

Start JV, Amir, Fields, Gordon and Lucas. Tank for 2014.

Boom. Done!
                    *sigh*
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      ...I definitely would take Parker over Rondo if I were focusing only on the next 3-4 years, but if I'm looking beyond that, I have to go for Rondo.
                      You don't have to do it all at once. Parker for three years, working with JV and another 2 or 3 pieces that are going to be around for a while helps the team improve and move forward relatively quickly, especially if you find another (younger) PG who plays with a similar style. that way you can replace Parker without completely changing yor offensive schemes.

Comment

I put everyone but Ross and JV. Although I regret putting Acy now because I don't think anyone wants him. He makes so little that he probably won't even be included as a throw-in. But I think given TL's statement, every player is fair game.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

Who will go is very different than who should go. I think the team will struggle to make moves because the pieces they should move are going to be very difficult to move.

I think they will ultimately move Amir (high value now after really good year), Lowry (contract year and talented player), DD (only because they can't trade Gay or Fields and they need to move some wingers) and Bargnani (for peanuts). They will keep JV and T-Ross to build around and hope and pray that Gay can live up to his contract (well he can't but if he can even make it close) and that Fields can provide anything other than average defence.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

If they plan on keeping Gay as a centerpiece alongside T Ross and JV which Im fine with you gotta keep Lowry around even if he becomes bench PG behind someone else. Lowry is a reasonable dude he will most likely resign for a decent rate hes playing with his buddies.

Comment

Jonas is the one name that says "Core piece to a championship team".

So, based on the timeline of reaching the playoffs in the next 2-3 years ... then contending in 3-5 years ... I put a few others from our current roster on the list with him.

T-Ross - has shown elite shooting ability, freak athleticism, and has a chance to be a special defender.

Amir - whether he brings his game up to become an unquestioned starter, he would at least be a gem as a bench big for many years. Hustle, energy, toughness, and a soft touch.

Landry Fields (yes, THAT Landry) - with a presumption of his shooting touch returning after nerve surgery in the elbow, Landry already has other qualities that make him valuable: lockdown defence, high basketball IQ, great at making hard cuts to the rim without the ball.
                              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

I completely agree with Dino4life, we need to see what we have before we start giving away assets for picks and spare parts. This current core (JV, Amir, DD, Gay, Lowry, Ross and Fields) need a season to display what they have. If someone comes in and shakes things up I would be disappointed that I never got to see what this core brings to the table. I would also keep Bargs until the trade deadline, see if he fits in anywhere. The problem is that we haven't seen this core at its best yet, and I feel because of our impatient fan bace we never will. And that really sucks!

I know some people will hammer me for the Bargs comment.

I also agree with Mr.Z

I am indifferent when it comes to the bench, would like to see AA kept otherwise the other pieces can be shipped. Min contracts and mle spent on (Vets and a couple euros) backup pg and pf.
                                Last edited by Canmanxl; Mon May 27, 2013, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X