So, who goes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stretch wrote: View Post
    Matt Devlin has to go! I haven't gotten over Chuck leaving.
    I nearly fell over hearing his drone voice as play by play on the BlueJay broadcast this Sunday. This guy must live out of a hotel (is everywhere). Inane. Yechh.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      If Derozan can't shoot three's next season then then fuck him but he has vowed to improve on that this off season.

This team is an athletic team, but the offence was soooo slow this season, you gotta work with what you got and that's not the type of game players like Lowry, DD, Gay, JV and Ross play. Those guys can run and fly high.

Tidy up the bench, see what this team can do playing faster paced offence. Combined with better overall three-point shooting as a team.

If it doesn't work, trade guys and call me an idiot.
      Haha that's what i say too

Comment

The longer this dispute goes on and likely new GM I see Terrence Ross getting his chance very soon, probably in a season or so.

T-Ross has to learn some Post moves though there are plenty of 2 guards not nearly as long or tall as he is, though Ross is very skinny not sure if it will be as effective as when DeMar operates a Post play.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          I nearly fell over hearing his drone voice as play by play on the BlueJay broadcast this Sunday. This guy must live out of a hotel (is everywhere). Inane. Yechh.
          Can't stand his voice anymore; then I heard it alongside Fratello's on TNT and reached for a mute button immediately!

As for the topic of this thread... Leiweke has clearly said he does not think this roster, as-is, is one piece away so people asking to see this through are either naive or delusional; maybe both. DD+AB for Gasol, then amnesty Kleiza may look rational, as it would free up a lot of cap space after this season... but it is not enough according to boss, and that's fine with me.

Personally, I would be OK blowing this thing apart completely, keeping only JV and assembling as many draft picks as possible for the upcoming 2014 draft; perhaps, even further down the road. My only hope would be to see a competent team of GM, coach, scouts lay out a plan for the next 4-5 years and sticking with it!

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
            If Derozan can't shoot three's next season then then fuck him but he has vowed to improve on that this off season.

This team is an athletic team, but the offence was soooo slow this season, you gotta work with what you got and that's not the type of game players like Lowry, DD, Gay, JV and Ross play. Those guys can run and fly high.

Tidy up the bench, see what this team can do playing faster paced offence. Combined with better overall three-point shooting as a team.

If it doesn't work, trade guys and call me an idiot.
            I've said this countless times. This team would thrive if a Denver run-and-gun offense was implemented.

Ujiri could definitely help with this, seeing as he's had on-hand experience for the past 3 seasons.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

My picks:

Bargnani, DeRozan and Lowry...

Bargnani must go no matter what. It's past time.

DeRozan needs to go because I feel he'll never be the guy they need at that spot but he will have value around the league due to age, and raw abilities.

I'm on the fence with Lowry, slightly leaning to him being outed but only if they replace him with a solid PG and get some decent value back. If he stays I won't be heart broken because I feel there is still some potential there.

Comment

Personnally, I'd like to roll into next season with our current starters plus Ross and maybe Acy. I think that team with a couple of extras and a good system would be fun to watch, and could certainly make the playoffs.

However, realistically with a new GM coming in nobody on the roster is safe. And in order to facilitate the rebuilding process this offseason I think our most valuable assets (Jv, Amir, DD, Ross) may have to be included in any trades that bring back expiring contracts and/or draft picks. Now, if those guys are to be moved, I'd prefer to see some talent come back rather than just draft picks because, well, drafting is very difficult and definitely requires some luck. If you could turn those four into three or four first rounders, what are the chances you will actually draft 3 or 4 guys that are as good or have the potential that they have? It would be very difficult to come across a JV. Even Amir, although maybe not of starting caliber (although I disagree), would be hard to replace in a draft. DD and Ross may be more replaceable via draft, but those guys do have some talent and potential between them that would be difficult to find in the draft. Now, I know 2014 is loaded, but nonetheless, draft picks are usually hit or miss, and so much has to happen for a rookie to succeed in any particular situation.

I also think there are serious limitations to moving Bargs, Gay, and Fields due to their respective contracts. If they were expiring, of course there would be no problem. All indications point that Bargs will be gone, but that was out of BC's mouth and he no longer will make that decision. Will a new GM be able to swing a Bargs deal? Will he even want too?

It should be a very interesting offseason for Raps fans. We have movable pieces, but I can't see sweeping changes happening this offseason. Yet, it would be hard to envision a new GM rolling with BC's roster for very long, especially considering Lieweke's disapproval of BC's moves and approach.

Comment

If the Raptors are to trade Gay, this is the summer to do it.

It is in his best interest to become an UFA.

Next year, teams won't be lining up to give up anything of value for a guy who is A) not worth the contract, and B) an UFA in less than one season.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Ok, let's say they move DD. What exactly can they get for him?? and who's going to start at the 2 for the Raptors?
                    He's only 23 years old, he's averaged around 17PPG in seasons after his rookie year. He gets to the line five times per game, shoots a decent FG%, has no long range game to speak of but has the potential to rebound the ball and become a good defender. He also has a positive impact when you look at assists to turnovers.

He should be viewed as a player with a lot of upside. I think he should focus on being a slasher first and foremost. Sort of a Corey Maggette(in his prime, 2004-2009) who plays defense.

What is he worth? Hard to say because guys like him don't usually get traded at this stage so there's not much to compare to.

Oklahoma dealt Ray Allen and Glen Davis for Jeff Green in 2007. Green and DeRozan are similar in the fact that they're both tweeners but I have to think Green's perceived value in 2007 is higher than DeRozan's right now... I could see some team dealing an impact thirty something plus a prospect for him though. That's not what I want to see and that's not what I think will happen though. I think he will stick here for a little longer and then something happens once things are more clear about his career. Of course if the findings are negative they'll have lost some value in him but there are no guarantees and everything is a risk.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      ‘God, I feel bad about making this move because I brought this guy into the organization’.
                      lmao
                      literally spit out my drink

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                        lmao
                        literally spit out my drink
                        Can you provide the link to this quote?

I don't recall typing this.

Comment

Can you provide the link to this quote?

I don't recall typing this.
                          You can just click on the link next to your name in the quoted reply (the two little triangles pointing to the right in blue). That takes you to the first post in the thread. The quote is the last line from the snippet you took from the article you referenced.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            You can just click on the link next to your name in the quoted reply (the two little triangles pointing to the right in blue). That takes you to the first post in the thread. The quote is the last line from the snippet you took from the article you referenced.
                            Cool. You learn something new everyday. Thanks.

It should read

Tim Leiweke wrote:

Comment

Figure out if the team can move forward with Rudy Gay or DeMar DeRozan

There's no reason to move forward with a duo of wings that make nearly $30 million next season (eating into over 50% of the teams salary cap) when neither player can consistently stick a perimeter shot or is willing to get at it on the defensive end.

In fact, it's possible that neither player will be in training camp if Ujiri can unload Gay's albatross of a contract.

You can easily argue that Gay is one of the five best players to ever suit up for Toronto so having him stick around for the next two seasons wouldn't be horrible.

DeRozan has a lot of flaws, but he's still valued highly around the NBA. With him starting a new four-year contract next season it's more likely that DeRozan gets dealt if either player is moved.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/toronto...221900666.html

Many, myself included, have looked at the possibility of one or the other of DeRozan or Gay being gone next season. Do you think there is a chance both could be gone?

Comment

Many, myself included, have looked at the possibility of one or the other of DeRozan or Gay being gone next season. Do you think there is a chance both could be gone?
                                If Ujiri is talking serious blow up then yes start building with new talent today! JV Ross Amir and whatever good pieces are in this draft, officially starting a new Era for the team as its really all new personnel. Its a bold move thove really bold shedding one is ok but both? Dam!

IM SO EXCITED FOR DRAFT NIGHT!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X