Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cavs are looking to move top pick, Gay for #1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt, Why do you feel the need to swear when someone points out something contrary to what you wrote? It's twice in the past week.

Also, why do you keep posting here if you truly believe it does not matter what fans want? Wouldn't be just an exercise in futility?

Comment

May be unrelated why is there an uprise of so many players wanting #22 ?? Wiggins is also #22 come on kids pick a number to make your own. DeMar picked 10 love that.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
        Matt, Why do you feel the need to swear when someone points out something contrary to what you wrote? It's twice in the past week.

Also, why do you keep posting here if you truly believe it does not matter what fans want? Wouldn't be just an exercise in futility?
        I have no f*cking idea. Why do you feel the need to change the conversation in to something personal when your previous attempt to discredit or disprove my comment/opinion/idea was ignoring an important piece of information from the original news/rumour report?

Why do people discuss politics yet never vote? Beats the hell out of me. As to why I post, finding people with common interests and sharing ideas is why I come here. Your attempt to discredit or belittle is noted but I guess it comes with the territory when one is as active and opinionated on this forum as I am. It is a big reason why I voluntarily stopped moderating.

Comment

I wouldn't trade Gay for the #1 pick in this years draft straight up. I'm running through the list of the candidates to go first in this years draft and I don't see anyone that can replace what Gay gives you. It would also make DeMar the first scoring option and God help us if that happens. Not to mention that Gay's contract will be coveted by many teams, so good trade possibilites might be out there for the Raptors.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            I wouldn't trade Gay for the #1 pick in this years draft straight up. I'm running through the list of the candidates to go first in this years draft and I don't see anyone that can replace what Gay gives you. It would also make DeMar the first scoring option and God help us if that happens. Not to mention that Gay's contract will be coveted by many teams, so good trade possibilites might be out there for the Raptors.
            Say what?!
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
              Say what?!
              Sorry, I should clarify that it would be coveted in a couple of years when it becomes and expiring contract. I beleive it coincides with the year LeBron's contract expires, as well as Bosh and D. Wade. That plus whomever else is a big name free agent that season should make for a good number of teams that will be looking to get under the cap. Gay's contract would come in handy as an trade asset at that point.

Comment

Sorry, I should clarify that it would be coveted in a couple of years when it becomes and expiring contract. I beleive it coincides with the year LeBron's contract expires, as well as Bosh and D. Wade. That plus whomever else is a big name free agent that season should make for a good number of teams that will be looking to get under the cap. Gay's contract would come in handy as an trade asset at that point.
                And by that point we'll know what his value/role should be on this team, so the organization should feel comfortable trading him if they don't want to keep him, or don't think he'll be worth what he'll be asking for.
                Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu May 30, 2013, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Agreed.

I just hope there are not too many expirings on the market.

Toronto is going to have about $42M - assuming Bargnani stays the duration, $30M otherwise.

Comment

Gay's contract if far more valuable in extracting assets than getting below cap. I don't see Toronto being a stop for any high profile FA unless the team is willing to pay Rudy Gay money.

Comment

• Why are some people referring to the proposed trade of Gay and the #1 pick as "straight up", when that could never happen given Gay's salary. The proposed trade would only work if the #1 pick is packaged with other players.

Comment

• JStockton wrote: View Post
                        Why are some people referring to the proposed trade of Gay and the #1 pick as "straight up", when that could never happen given Gay's salary. The proposed trade would only work if the #1 pick is packaged with other players.
                        It would be awfully close after July 1.

Comment

• Exactly.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            It would be awfully close after July 1.
                            Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but even if Rudy Gay were to pick up his 2014-2015 option (assuming a trade to the Cavs) they would still be able to wiggle into the room to provide a max salary to a big-name free agent...assuming there is one that interests them. As I said though, please do correct me if I did the numbers wrong (math was never my strength).
                            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                              Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but even if Rudy Gay were to pick up his 2014-2015 option (assuming a trade to the Cavs) they would still be able to wiggle into the room to provide a max salary to a big-name free agent...assuming there is one that interests them. As I said though, please do correct me if I did the numbers wrong (math was never my strength).
                              If they did not pick up gee's contract, did not sign any free agents, dropped Zeller, and cap went up a few million, it would be very close. They also have team option on AV that if declined would make an easy yes.

So if they took on Gay they theoretically might be able to sign another max, but realistically no.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                If they did not pick up gee's contract, did not sign any free agents, dropped Zeller, and cap went up a few million, it would be very close. They also have team option on AV that if declined would make an easy yes.

So if they took on Gay they theoretically might be able to sign another max, but realistically no.
                                How could they drop Zeller? He's a 1st round pick, aren't you on the hook for the 3 years no matter what?

Comment

Working...
                                X