Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cavs are looking to move top pick, Gay for #1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    I can't see the Bulls trading Deng to get younger. They're going to be trying to win it all next year, and trying to go through Miami. Deng is just another solid option to throw at Lebron. And if it's about dumping salary, I think Boozer's the guy to go.

Denver's another team I could see getting into this: a lot of assets, and a lot duplication on their roster. Some kind of iteration of Iggy/Gallo/Chandler + Koufos/Fournier/Brewer/#27 could work.
    With D-Rose, the Bulls aren't just in a "win it all next year" mode. They will consider any option that gives them the best chance to win a title, whether it is next year or 3 years down the road. They also dont want to be in the luxuary tax (the Bulls reluctance on this is well documented) and with the emmergence of Jimmy Butler, they could deal Deng and not lose much on the court. Deng is often hurt while Butler is younger (and cheaper) while providing a lot of the same qualities.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I found this interesting. Not sure who would be considered 'viable.' My list of possible suspects:

1. MKG/Charlotte - #4/MKG for #1?
      2. Deng/Chicago - #20/Deng for #1?
      3. Granger/Indiana - can't even speculate, definitely not
      4. Gay/Toronto - Gay for ??????????????????????
      5. Green/Boston - Green for, nope, can't see it
      If they are talking to teams about acquiring a viable SF, Rudy seems like the most likely in my mind. I can't see the Bobcats giving up on MKG this quickly just to move up in the draft where there is no established top-pick.

Would Cleveland actually be interested in Granger? I can't see Green either. And is Chicago willing to delay their championship aspirations by dealing a Thibodeau favourite? I would guess not at this point.

If you really look at it, outside of the elite Small Forwards (LeBron, Durant), there really is a limited amount of 'viable SFs' who could be considered in this type of deal.

G. Wallace (no), T. Young (76ers not interested), Ilyasova (would they consider him to be viable...or a SF), Marion (no), Gallinari (doubt Denver does it), H. Barnes (GS says no), Parsons (doubt it), MWP (not happening), Prince (not happening), AK47 (not happening), Aminu (nope), K. Leonard (Spurs would not move him), etc.

The list, I think, would only contain the following:
      1) Rudy Gay
      2) Nic Batum - I'm not positive that Batum would be available...but I could see a basic framework of a larger deal.
      3) Deng - Possible, but not likely
      4) Granger - I don't think Cleveland could talk themselves into it with Granger's injury
      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
        G. Wallace (no), T. Young (76ers not interested), Ilyasova (would they consider him to be viable...or a SF), Marion (no), Gallinari (doubt Denver does it), H. Barnes (GS says no), Parsons (doubt it), MWP (not happening), Prince (not happening), AK47 (not happening), Aminu (nope), K. Leonard (Spurs would not move him), etc.

1) Rudy Gay
        2) Nic Batum - I'm not positive that Batum would be available...but I could see a basic framework of a larger deal.
        4) Granger - I don't think Cleveland could talk themselves into it with Granger's injury
        Agreed on the No's.

Batum can't be traded until July 18th but why would Portland trade him with him locked up and not even 25?

Granger... not only his knees but his age (30) combined with his knees.

Tough to take anythign seriously this time of year, though.

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
          If they are talking to teams about acquiring a viable SF, Rudy seems like the most likely in my mind. I can't see the Bobcats giving up on MKG this quickly just to move up in the draft where there is no established top-pick.

Would Cleveland actually be interested in Granger? I can't see Green either. And is Chicago willing to delay their championship aspirations by dealing a Thibodeau favourite? I would guess not at this point.

If you really look at it, outside of the elite Small Forwards (LeBron, Durant), there really is a limited amount of 'viable SFs' who could be considered in this type of deal.

1) Rudy Gay
          I actually think Ilyasova could be a sleeper option. He's still relatively young, but is also a somewhat proven veteran, so he could easily be a 'viable' option for Cleveland. From Milwaukee's perspective, with Ellis opting-out, I could see them looking at a blow-it-up rebuild as a decent option. There were rumors last year that they were looking to unload Ilyasova and his big new contract, when he got off to a slow start, so dumping him for the #1 pick might be a viewed as a good tradeoff for the long-term (high pick and getting out of his contract).

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I found this interesting. Not sure who would be considered 'viable.' My list of possible suspects:

1. MKG/Charlotte - #4/MKG for #1?
            2. Deng/Chicago - #20/Deng for #1?
            3. Granger/Indiana - can't even speculate, definitely not
            4. Gay/Toronto - Gay for ??????????????????????
            5. Green/Boston - Green for, nope, can't see it
            ive spent the past hour on the trade machine trying to make something work and nada
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              ive spent the past hour on the trade machine trying to make something work and nada
              Doesn't Gay for the #1 pick work? I thought Cleveland had the cap space to absorb his salary.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• not according to the trade machine
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

not according to the trade machine
                  I don't think the trade machine is taking into account the expiring deals of Luke Walton ($6M), Daniel Gibson ($4.8M), Omri Casspi ($2.2M), and Wayne Ellington ($2M). That is $15M plus the $3.9M they already have.

Comment

• Once we hit July, Cleveland has loads of cap space, while right now they have none. A trade with them for their draft pick could be a situation where the trade is agreed to before or at the draft, but doesn't actually happen until after the July moratorium.

It would be great if the trade machine had an option to execute a trade at a future date.

Comment

It will be much easier July 1st.

Cleveland will have a tonne of cap space.

Comment

• JS: Any updates on the status of head coach Dwane Casey or potential changes to his staff?

MU: Things are on the move and we’re still going through the process. We’ll figure it out and I know that’s a wide-ranging answer. Things have gone well with Coach, we’ve had tons and tons of meetings, we have dinner tonight [Tuesday] with Rudy Gay, so we’re moving the right way. As those decisions [with assistants] need to be made, we will make them the best way we feel is heading in the right direction for the organization.

http://blog.raptors.com/a-few-minute...m-masai-ujiri/
                        There are 2 ways to interpret this. Dinner goes like this:

option 1) Appetizer, Main course, *Rudy we are trading you to Cleveland*, Dessert

option 2) Rudy is the face of the franchise along with JV.

Comment

• Hey Rudy we are trading you to the Cavs...... Anyone for Cheesecake? mmmmmm mmmmm bitch dig in whats with that face? Im paying for this meal.

Comment

The trademachine isn't quite right presently, because right now it's assuming 2012/2013 roster salaries (as it should until July 1) and Cleveland is presently over the salary cap. Come July 1, a team under the cap can trade for Rudy more easily. At that point, Gay for Alonzo Gee/Anderson Varajao or Alonzo Gee/Tyler Zeller/Tristan Thompson both work (and I would vote for the latter).

(The trademachine also doesn't account for including cash in a deal to make a trade work under the rules, and Cleveland can do that too.)
                            Last edited by magoon; Wed Jun 19, 2013, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                              The trademachine isn't quite right presently, because right now it's assuming 2012/2013 roster salaries (as it should until July 1) and Cleveland is presently over the salary cap. Come July 1, a team under the cap can trade for Rudy more easily. At that point, Gay for Alonzo Gee/Anderson Varajao or Alonzo Gee/Tyler Zeller/Tristan Thompson both work (and I would vote for the latter).

(The trademachine also doesn't account for including cash in a deal to make a trade work under the rules, and Cleveland can do that too.)
                              By simply not picking up options on Kevin Jones and Chris Quinn, the Cavs could take Rudy's entire salary off Raptors hands with the Cavs sending nothing back.

Cash included in trade has no impact on numbers required to make trades work.

Comment

• People just stop this isn't going to happen.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X