Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cavs are looking to move top pick, Gay for #1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter N wrote: View Post
    How could they drop Zeller? He's a 1st round pick, aren't you on the hook for the 3 years no matter what?
    Only 2 years guaranteed on rookie deals.

They could also do what Houston is reportedly trying to do with Robinson.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
      How could they drop Zeller? He's a 1st round pick, aren't you on the hook for the 3 years no matter what?
      So they have to toss something else in and if this is the case it's even less likely Gay is enough.

Comment

• The thread started talking about Gay to Cleveland for #1.

What about any other teams in the lottery?

Do you see any teams that might want to add Rudy?

Washington?
        Rudy and Bargnani for Okafor, Ariza, Seraphin, and #3?

Charlotte?
        Rudy for Ben Gordon, Ramon Sessoins, and #4?
        Rudy and Bargnani for Gordon, Thomas, Sessions, #4, and 2014 Pistons?

Phoenix?
        Rudy for Dudley, Scola, Brown, and 2014 MIN pick and 2015 Lakers pick?

NO?
        Rudy for Anderson, #6?

SAC?
        Rudy for Salmons, Thompson, Fredette, #7?

PHI?
        Rudy for Turner, sign and trade Wright, #11?

UTA?
        Rudy for sign and trade Milsap and #14?

Comment

• No. Rudy Gay is probably better than player in draft will be.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            The thread started talking about Gay to Cleveland for #1.

What about any other teams in the lottery?

Do you see any teams that might want to add Rudy?

Washington?
            Rudy and Bargnani for Okafor, Ariza, Seraphin, and #3?

Charlotte?
            Rudy for Ben Gordon, Ramon Sessoins, and #4?
            Rudy and Bargnani for Gordon, Thomas, Sessions, #4, and 2014 Pistons?

Phoenix?
            Rudy for Dudley, Scola, Brown, and 2014 MIN pick and 2015 Lakers pick?

NO?
            Rudy for Anderson, #6?

SAC?
            Rudy for Salmons, Thompson, Fredette, #7?

PHI?
            Rudy for Turner, sign and trade Wright, #11?

UTA?
            Rudy for sign and trade Milsap and #14?
            This is an interesting option, actually targeting other drafts. I don't really want Brown. Maybe PHX would send a TPE instead?

Scola and Dudley are two guys I've always liked. And it would be great to get 2 1st round picks.

Another possibility is maybe aiming smaller and cutting the deal in half using DeMar. Try to get Scola, Dudley and one of the 1st rd picks you mention. Definitely stress getting one of the picks, and settle for a different package of players/cash if they won't give Scola and Dudley, but insist at least one is included.

Comment

• Rudy Gay is better than any of the players in this draft. So the answer is no.

People in this forum talk like Rudy Gay is a scrub. It drives me nuts. I don't get it. I mean, he's the Raps best player. Best wing player we've had by far since Vince. The guy is only 27 years old. He's a guy that is capable of putting 20+ppg and 6rpg every year. He's an all-star caliber type of player, great scorer, can create his own shot, clutch.

If the Raptors want to blow this thing up and tank for Wiggins then yeah i guess i'm all for moving Gay. But if they want to make the playoffs and rebuild along the way then you have to keep him.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Rudy Gay is better than any of the players in this draft. So the answer is no.

People in this forum talk like Rudy Gay is a scrub. It drives me nuts. I don't get it. I mean, he's the Raps best player. Best wing player we've had by far since Vince. The guy is only 27 years old. He's a guy that is capable of putting 20+ppg and 6rpg every year. He's an all-star caliber type of player, great scorer, can create his own shot, clutch.

If the Raptors want to blow this thing up and tank for Wiggins then yeah i guess i'm all for moving Gay. But if they want to make the playoffs and rebuild along the way then you have to keep him.
                We have been agreeing a lot lately

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  We have been agreeing a lot lately
                  That's not a bad thing i can tell you that
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I doubt the offer is available but if it is I think you have to take it. immediately gives the team their financial flexibility back, opens up way more options for a bargs trade and Gay (capitalized for Matt) isn't going to take us far anyway. demar shifts to 3 Ross comes in at 2 and you either trade the pick again for more assets or roll the dice.

Comment

• Zach Lowe shooting the poop on Gay trade possibilities from early January.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...e-will-he-land

Comment

• If this was actually on the table you do it. Gives us the perfect avenue to rebuild the team.

I'd love to then take the #1 and trade down and force the other team to pick up Fields' deal. Select Burke at the new spot.

Ship out/amnesty Bargnani as planned as well.

Then you look at moving Lowry for a 2014 pick and tank the season in order to be in contention for Parker/Wiggins, and maybe a guy like McAdoo with the pick you trade Lowry for.

Burke
                        DeRozan
                        Wiggins
                        McAdoo
                        Valanciunas

Comment

• The Jazz have a lot of cap space this summer.

Next summer Favors and Hayward will be up for extensions.

Do you think Marvin Williams ($7.5M expiring and just had surgery), Hayward, and a 2014 pick is a good enough return? Or would Utah even bother?

Doing this still allows Utah to keep their Bird Rights for Milsap and Jefferson for possible sign and trades.

Comment

The Jazz have a lot of cap space this summer.

Next summer Favors and Hayward will be up for extensions.

Do you think Marvin Williams ($7.5M expiring and just had surgery), Hayward, and a 2014 pick is a good enough return? Or would Utah even bother?

Doing this still allows Utah to keep their Bird Rights for Milsap and Jefferson for possible sign and trades.
                            I personally don't think Hayward & #14 pick are worth it. Even if Ujiri decides to go into full 'blow it up' mode, I would think there are better deals available for Gay, which would return a combination of expiring contracts, prospects on rookie-scale contracts and draft picks. Hayward doesn't impress me and the #14 pick in this year's draft is too big a gamble.

If the Jazz expect to lose both Millsap and Jefferson, I'd rather see Toronto pursue a big trade involving DeRozan and Bargnani, to land Millsap, filler (ie: Williams' expiring contract) and maybe a pick.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              I personally don't think Hayward & #14 pick are worth it. Even if Ujiri decides to go into full 'blow it up' mode, I would think there are better deals available for Gay, which would return a combination of expiring contracts, prospects on rookie-scale contracts and draft picks. Hayward doesn't impress me and the #14 pick in this year's draft is too big a gamble.

If the Jazz expect to lose both Millsap and Jefferson, I'd rather see Toronto pursue a big trade involving DeRozan and Bargnani, to land Millsap, filler (ie: Williams' expiring contract) and maybe a pick.
                              2014 pick

Honestly with all the bad press Rudy received after the trade about his salary and inefficiency, I'm not sure there is a great market out there for him if he was on the trade block.

Comment

2014 pick

Honestly with all the bad press Rudy received after the trade about his salary and inefficiency, I'm not sure there is a great market out there for him if he was on the trade block.
                                Noted about the pick being in 2014, which makes the deal a bit more appealing. Hayward will be making $3.4M next season, then has a QO of $4.7M - I'm not sure I'd be in favor of paying Hayward possibly $5M+ per season. If the Raps are just looking for a salary dump for Gay, then it's not a bad deal, especially since Hayward could likely be flipped pretty easily right away or next offseason.

The bolded part is one of the reasons I keep going back to DeRozan as the team's primary trade asset. Yes Gay is older and yes Gay is overpaid, but I have a hard time seeing him return equal relative value to what DeRozan would return. Trading DeRozan would be about addding an asset for now and the future, whereas trading Gay would likely be more about dumping salary and adding a cheap risk/reward prospect (exactly what Memphis did).

I'm super curious to find out what direction Ujiri is planning to take this franchise! It will certainly help focus some of the discussion around RR, once we know whether we're looking at rebuild, retool or some sort of hybrid of the two.

Comment

Working...
                                X