Iggy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iggy?

With newly minted Ujiri in town running the show, i think it's safe to say certain players should keep a bag packed and by the door. While i'm a big fan of Demar Derozan, he's always repped Toronto to the fullest and genuinely seems to enjoy playing here, i think his contract and inefficiency (especially with Ujiri being a analytics guy) make him one of the likeliest to be moved. If so, and assuming Bargs and Kleiza are gone (finally!), what do you think about Masai bringing Iguodala in?

He'd be the perfect player for Ross to learn from, especially defensively. I also think he'd be perfect for Casey's system (i'm assuming he stays on another year) and be the wing defender the team has always needed. His decent outside shooting and hard cutting ways would mesh well with Gay's.. well.. you know.. style of play.

Along with what he'd bring as a player, he'd also help establish a winning culture. I've long followed Iggy and he's certainly the type of guy you want on your team. There's two types of players in the league, those that love to win and those that hate to lose. It's the hate to lose type you want, and Andre is just that.

He'd certainly be relatively pricey, but what he'd bring to the team would far outweigh the price tag.

What do you think?
    @sweatpantsjer

I would looooove Iggy paired with Rudy. They have been two of my favorite players for a while now. I hope Ujiri at least tries to net him. (kinda nice to not have to say BC anymore)

Comment

Is he a free agent?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

He's got a player option that he's expected to renounce and become a FA
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          This summer or next?

Comment

This
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              Leave 16 mil? I find it hard to believe he'll get anywhere close to this amount... personally, I think he's around 12 mil at best. Taking into consideration the new CBA rules kick in this coming season it's probably lower than that.

As for the topic and the question, no I would not like to see Iggy in Raps uniform. Not at this price.

Comment

Can we get him on a S&T?

Derozan + Bargs for Iggy + Anthony Randolph ??
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  Can we get him on a S&T?

Derozan + Bargs for Iggy + Anthony Randolph ??
                  Wah? Under the new CBA couldn't you do DD for Iggy straight OR Bargs for Iggy straight? (assuming Iggy takes $12 Mill a year in a sign and trade) Why would you want... Anthony... Randolph?

Comment

First of all, we'd have to see whether Ujiri wants to blow up the team or compete. If the later, Igoudala might come here 'cause Ujiri obviously likes him.

Personally, I don't think Gay and Igoudala would be good together 'cause both are essentially SF's.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I would only do this under a certain condition/situation. Iggy's contract is a lot bigger than Derozan and they play a relatively similar offensive game. IMO, Iggy is just Demar Derozan with a slightly better 3 point shot and much better defense. I would only do this if Ross becomes the bench 3 point shooter we've always expected him to be, Landry Field regains his 3 point shooting from his rookie season and/or if we sign/trade an exceptional 3 point shooter to come off the bench.

Comment

Iggy is just DeRozan with a better 3 point shot, much better defense, better courvision, and a he is a better rebounder. See, they're practically the same player.

Comment

Working...
                        X