No announcement yet.

Bring In Jason Kidd As A Consultant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They seem to be doing a lot more right than the doubters' team?

Comment

Yeah i'm shocked Kidd didn't take a year or two off or something. Maybe it's the Brooklyn job itself that he really wanted and had to jump on it.

Kinda weird, but i think he'll have success. He's a really sharp guy, high basketball IQ with an attention to detail. If Mark Jackson can be successful i don't see why Kidd can't.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

And if the players(D-Will) pulls something the fans have his back.

Comment

That signing is ridiculous. The guy has never even sat on a bench as an assistant before and now he's the head coach of a team? If that doesn't scream desperation on part of Brooklyn management then I don't know what does. If I were the players on that team I would be seriously questioning whether managment is committed to winning or making money.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            That signing is ridiculous. The guy has never even sat on a bench as an assistant before and now he's the head coach of a team? If that doesn't scream desperation on part of Brooklyn management then I don't know what does. If I were the players on that team I would be seriously questioning whether managment is committed to winning or making money.
            Jason Kidd has been leading a team and quarterbacking an offense for 19 years in the NBA. He knows the game. If the Nets were desperate they would be offering Phil $10M/yr. or asking the Celtics permission to talk to Doc. This doesn't sound like desperation at all to me. It sounds like a calculated risk.

Lenny was coaching before he even retired. Paul Silas and Don Nelson started as soon as they retired. Things worked out fine for them. They're all regarded overall as good coaches.

Kidd needs to surround himself with an experienced staff. Coaching isn't about doing it all yourself. He needs to inspire the troops first and foremost. Play calling is second, after they buy in. He can get top notch help with the playbook if need be but something tells me he knows enough to instill his own system.

Comment

I really dont have an opinion on Kidd other than say that playing the game even as well as he did does not always translate to a good coach. AS we all recognize there is more to coaching than just xs & os....dealing with media, your gm, personalities on the team, your coaching staff, medical personnel and possibly all on the same day. I think the concern is that Kidd while being exposed to all of it hasnt been in-charge of these responsibilities. It is a risk.

Re Phil J and Rivers....I believe Jackson turned it down and the Celtics did not give permission. I do believe the Nets were looking for a splash.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                Irrelevant, but funny:

Oh man that is funny. Like teaching a pet monkey to sword fight and then always leaving a sword lying around somewhere.

Careful when you open that doooor.

Comment

I love that he gets announced at the Coach in Brooklyn the same week he's due in court in New York for a DUI (DWI for the Yank's).

Dude definitely knows the craft, but he also had a rep for being a coach killer. Does he have the maturity to be the unquestioned leader of men? The wife beating was a while ago, so you could say that he learned from that but the DUI is current. I don't know if I'd want him running my $70+ Million (per year) investment.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Jason Kidd has been leading a team and quarterbacking an offense for 19 years in the NBA. He knows the game. If the Nets were desperate they would be offering Phil $10M/yr. or asking the Celtics permission to talk to Doc. This doesn't sound like desperation at all to me. It sounds like a calculated risk.

Lenny was coaching before he even retired. Paul Silas and Don Nelson started as soon as they retired. Things worked out fine for them. They're all regarded overall as good coaches.

Kidd needs to surround himself with an experienced staff. Coaching isn't about doing it all yourself. He needs to inspire the troops first and foremost. Play calling is second, after they buy in. He can get top notch help with the playbook if need be but something tells me he knows enough to instill his own system.
                    I have know doubt Jason Kidd knows basketball, but coaching is a different beast. You have to be able to handle players, their playing time, draw up plays on the fly, identify match ups...there are just so many things which he needs experience in before he sits in the big chair. Especially considering Brooklyn is built to get deep into the playoffs. It's not a team you bring in a rookie coach with no experience on the side lines.

Just my opinion for what it's worth. But to tell you the truth I'm surprised nobody else seems to think that this is a horrible move for Brooklyn.

Comment

Working...
                    X