LeBron Planning to Give Up No. 23 Out of Respect for Michael Jordan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron Planning to Give Up No. 23 Out of Respect for Michael Jordan

So should we retire Magic's #32 as well seeing how he was the best that ever played?

Meh, maybe because I thought Jordan was a bit overrated, but this is a little too much. But if the NHL did with with Gretzky, then I guess it makes sense that the NBA do it with MJ's #23.

Basking in the glow of a victory over the Heat, Cavs superstar LeBron James looked over at his idol sitting in the stands at AmericanAirlines Arena on Thursday night and made a command decision.

Out of respect to Michael Jordan, who sat courtside and watched James score 34 points, James said he is planning on switching his number after this season from No. 23 to No. 6. It just sort of came out, but it was obvious he's been thinking about it for a while.

And James wants to lead a movement to get every player who wears No. 23 in the league to give it up as a tribute to Jordan.

"I just think what Michael Jordan has done for the game has to be recognized some way soon," James said. "There would be no LeBron James, no Kobe Bryant, no Dwyane Wade if there wasn't Michael Jordan first.

"He can't get the logo, and if he can't, something has to be done. I feel like no NBA player should wear 23. I'm starting a petition, and I've got to get everyone in the NBA to sign it. Now, if I'm not going to wear No. 23, then nobody else should be able to wear it."
    Source - Click here
Working...
X