No announcement yet.

Official masai ujiri press conference thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully he kind of looks like R.C. Buford when he's making decisions.

Comment

Ujiri will be making a move with Dallas for the 1eth and probably if bold enough and price is right the #1 from the Cavs TREY BURKE! TREY BURKE! TREY BURKE! Im getting so excited!

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        Irrelevant, but first thing I noticed when watching is that Ujiri kinda looks like Jay-Z from the side. Lol.
        Get fake-Dirk off our shoulders.
        There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

if they can get the 13th pick from dallas they should take the kid Schroeder . will be the steal of the draft

Comment

Like how he talked about creating a good atmosphere in order to attract free agents. Finally getting rid of Bargnani will certainly help this.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
              Like how he talked about creating a good atmosphere in order to attract free agents. Finally getting rid of Bargnani will certainly help this.
              7 YEARSSSSSSSSS D: finally about to be a suppressed memory.

Comment

Once Bargnani is moved I'm sure we'llhear some dirt on the guy. That's always how it works in Raptorsland.

Comment

The waiting game does continue. As Chisholm notes, the press conference cleared up little to nothing.

With Ujiri, all we know is that we don’t know. We have no idea how he views the roster that he’s inherited. We have no idea if he plans to augment the existing core or tear it apart and rebuild. We have no idea if he’ll hunt for a draft pick this June, if he’ll amnesty Andrea Bargnani or if he wants to make the playoffs next season or not. Really, all we know is that Masai Ujiri is the new president of basketball operations and general manager of the Toronto Raptors and that he isn’t ready to talk specifics.

http://threeinthekey.ca/masai-ujiri-...ss-conference/

Comment

the guy just got hired. what they hell do people expect? transform the raptors in a 24hr period?

also leiweke from 590,

"I already hired two championship GMs"

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                      I know Ujiri wasn't giving out specific details about the team, but I think someone should atleast have asked about his ethos. ie does he favor superstar-centered team? run and gun like miami? or just builds from whatever and any asset available?
                      He was asked that, and answered something along the lines that every team is different, and there is no one way to build a team, and just because he built it without superstar in Denver doesn't mean he's trying to reproduce the same thing here. then he went to his go to answer that he needs to hire his staff first and meet with the coaches to properly evaluate this team.

Comment

But how does it help anyone for him to divulge his intentions and give that info to all the listening shark GMs (including those on this forum) At least give him time to after the free agency period and I am sure most will get a sense of the direction he will be going in.

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                          "I already hired two championship GMs"
                          huh?

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                            huh?
                            With AEG (Los Angeles) he hired NHL and MLS GM's who won championships.

Considering his original start was in major professional sports was basketball, I feel good with his selection of an NBA GM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              With AEG (Los Angeles) he hired NHL and MLS GM's who won championships.

Considering his original start was in major professional sports was basketball, I feel good with his selection of an NBA GM.
                              Well that's encouraging. Didn't know the specifics of his success'/credentials

Comment

Masi talked about growing young players. So that just goes back to the organic growth BC mentioned all this time. I agree nothing (information wise, direction) came from this interview.

I am curious to see what we hear from this organization in the coming weeks. Seems like the same sales pitch just being delivered by different players now.
                                Last edited by Canmanxl; Tue Jun 4, 2013, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X