DIME Magazine's Best Players Under 25yrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIME Magazine's Best Players Under 25yrs

It's a couple of months old, but still...

Honorable Mentions:

Terrence Ross for his performance in the 2013 NBA Slam Dunk Contest.
    TIER 1: Career Role Players

Ed Davis, Amir Johnson, Patrick Patterson, Earl Clark and Jonas Valanciunas
    With the exception of the latter, I think we know what type of players these guys will be. More importantly, they know who they are, which can be the toughest part for young players to figure out. Know this, they’ll give you 15-25 minutes of 100 percent effort basketball on a nightly basis. The jury is still out on where Valanciunas’ career will lead.
    TIER 2: NBA Starters, But They Have A Ceiling

DeMar DeRozan and Bradley Beal
    Their games couldn’t be more different while their ceilings are about the same. Both players are destined to be 15-19 point scorers a night. DeMar does it more with his athleticism where as Beal relies more on his shooting stroke. Beal has the gift and the curse of John Wall, who is capable of getting him looks, but also dominates the ball. DeRozan is closer to his ceiling than the rookie, but we expect them both to be about the same in terms of scoring.
    No Raptors made the remaining Tiers:

TIER 3: Will Play A Significant Role On A Championship Team
    TIER 4: Wild Cards
    TIER 5: Great Role Players
    TIER 6: Denver Nuggets
    TIER 7: Overrated
    TIER 8: Best Kept Secrets
    TIER 9: Have The Potential To Be Franchise Guys
    TIER 10: Franchise Guys, No Questions Asked

http://dimemag.com/2013/04/10-tiers-...ld-or-younger/
    Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Jun 5, 2013, 12:00 PM.

JV a role player? the article lost me there.

Comment

I don't think it's fair to call JV a role player. He's going to be far more than that.

And I keep forgetting how young Amir is, feels like the dude has been in the league forever.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        JV a role player? the article lost me there.
        Apollo wrote: View Post
        I don't think it's fair to call JV a role player. He's going to be far more than that.
        My thoughts too. Either we (as Raptor fans) are grossly overestimating Jonas' abilities, or the U.S. media is predictably ignorant about anything Toronto.

In all likelihood, the truth is probably somewhere in between

Comment

So I read a little onward and How isnt Blake Griffin overrated? hes terrible. LA CLipps even know he is nothing besides his spectacular dunks....Start working on that Jimmy Blake.

Comment

They still make Dime Magazine?

Comment

I think JV should be in the Best Kept Secrets tier. Nobody really knows that much about him apart from Raptor fans...take the Rookie-Sophomore game for example. If Drummond is there, JV definitely fits.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Maybe they should keep to themselves if they don't know what they're talking about

Comment

#clowns

Comment

That really was awful. Anyone with working phalanges can contribute to Dime these days. Too bad they don't require a working brain.....BOOM!
                    Welp, that sucked.

Comment

With the exception of the latter, I think we know what type of players these guys will be. More importantly, they know who they are, which can be the toughest part for young players to figure out. Know this, they’ll give you 15-25 minutes of 100 percent effort basketball on a nightly basis. The jury is still out on where Valanciunas’ career will lead.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

People from other markets give DD more love than they do here.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

True, but in the end they chose to keep him in that tier. If they really thought he was going to get exponentially better, they would've moved him to a higher category.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            People from other markets give DD more love than they do here.
                            Sad isnt it?

Comment

It's a normal phenomena in sports. people will be less critical of other teams' players

Comment

Working...
                              X