Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Karl relieved as Nuggets coach...do we have a chance at him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...s=iref:nbahpts

Just listen to Kenny and replace "Payton" with "Valanciunas"...

Comment

Lol, doesn't take much to get a COY fired these days does it?!

If Karl could be persuaded to come over to Raptorland that would be amazing. He'd whip some of our softer players into shape in no time.

Comment

For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post

Good

Comment

but what if guys!
            i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

For anyone wanting a couple of giggles at JaVale's expense (and Beasley)...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...nother-classic

Comment

There's nothing strange going on at Denver. Just follow the money. The Ujiri let-go is self-explanatory: 1M/yr x 3 yrs vs. 3M/yr @ 5 yrs. That's a huge difference in bid/ask, especially for a small market team. Karl is trying to leverage COY into a long term deal. It's probably more money and longer term than Denver wants to pay.

In this case, I gotta give the benefit of the doubt to the owners. They are not going to let the players, coaches or GMs dictate terms to them. They have a policy not to over-pay and they stick to it. We have seen the result of over-paying in Toronto and what you have to show for it. Denver has been consistently good, so you have to give the owners the benefit of the doubt. Rap fans would have statues of Kroenke family commissioned based upon just making the playoffs a few years in a row, let alone 8 straight or something like that.

That said, I still don't want Karl here. He is somewhat like D'Antoni. His system is a bit of a gimmick style that works great in the regular season, but breaks down when the defensive intensity ratchets up in the playoffs.
                Last edited by golden; Thu Jun 6, 2013, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Look if you want to tank you gotta keep Casey
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    Yup.. if they are rebuilding/tanking you need to keep the lame duck head coach in. No reputable coach will want to be part of a complete rebuild.

Comment

Anyway, it sounds like he's note being brought back because he failed to lick boots.

I don't think Karl sits at home watching T.V. for a year. You have to think multiple teams are already contacting him to pick his mind.

Red and White wrote: View Post
                      I just cannot understand this from Denver's point of view.

He has coached since 1985, spending for almost a decade in Denver, coming off of a COY season, franchise record in wins, and a team that was one uninjured Danilo Gallinari from making serious noise in the playoffs.

Is there any explanation (I do not buy the first round exits as a reason, he is a great coach)? Because it seems to me that George wanted an extension to stay.

But damn, Karl as head coach with Dwane as an assistant (vice versa), along with Leiweke and Ujiri? That could be crazy. I doubt it though.

Let's see if Ujiri will stay true to his word that "Dwane is our coach".
                      Yeah, if I'm a Nuggets fan right now I am getting chilling flashbacks to the 90's.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Anyway, it sounds like he's note being brought back because he failed to lick boots.

I don't think Karl sits at home watching T.V. for a year. You have to think multiple teams are already contacting him to pick his mind.

Yeah, if I'm a Nuggets fan right now I am getting chilling flashbacks to the 90's.
                        To me it's just money. They weren't going to give the big extension and raise he wanted so he's done. Same with Ujiri.

Thing is, those Denver jobs don't look too bad otherwise. Really good team, set up for a few years. They should be able to find quality replacements. Denver will be fine without Karl.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          I wouldn't be surprised if this is the final straw for Iggy to use his ETO.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            Anyone watching the Denver fan site for outrage....what is the Denver fan site?
                            Actually, Nuggets fans hate Geroge Karl just as much as we hate BC. They want him fired, but I think they are mad that they lost both MU and GK.

Comment

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 15s

Sacramento has requested permission to speak to Denver executive Pete D’Alessandro for Kings GM job, sources tell Y! No approval yet.
                              It's becoming quite hilarious I must say. Pretty sorry for Nuggets fans.
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                                He botched it 2 seasons ago

Comment

Working...
                                X