Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ujiri is trying to get in the draft, who you want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Information relevant to this thread at 2:50:

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

Paraphrasing Ujiri:

No matter which direction the franchise goes developing youth is going to be a part of the plan. We are going to try and get in the draft.

Who would you target and feel is obtainable?
    Man-o-man am I drinking this Koolaide right now. It seems that this franchise has a long history of getting me excited for the future without having any tangible evidence that I should be. And every time it happens I gleefully ignore history.
    Welp, that sucked.

Comment

The target list is one name long: Olapido.
      -Freak defender is what we need on the wings.

Obviously Kabongo would be awesome to develop as well, but less of an impact short term.
      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
        I'd rather have Mclemore at the 2 than Demar at the 3
        I gave a pretty detailed rationale...can't oblidge?

Based on skill set and potential, I agree.

However DeRozan still has 4 years under his belt and at the very least we know he is an NBA player. Can't say that about McLemore at this time.
        Pretty important that you highlight the part of the statement based on FACTS and not fantasy, argue your point, and then move on to the supporting stuff.

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
        Not only that, but I don't think Demar would be capable of guarding the other teams best wing player every game. He's always had the luxury of letting the SF do that job
        He already has guarded SFs in the league and there is a significant amount of data to prove it.
        According to 82 games Demar played SF %16 of the time, and (here's the part that makes me look smart) it was his most productive position. Who woulda thunk? Oh, right... I did! Google, easily accessible, rarely used 'cause facts are for nerds, and smart people and stuff....yeehaw! Sorry, that's uncalled for but step your game up, seriously.

Comment

Trade for Anthony Bennett.
          Looking at Wash. @ 3..CHA @4.
          I would be willing to trade Gay for that...

MU has said several times in different places, that Canadian Talent is important to him and they want to have that on the team to help the "rebranding" process.

If we had JV, Amir and Bennett. That is one hell of a front court...A foundation to build upon

Still leaves us with plenty of assets to compete or trade ( DD, AB, Lowry) or tank for Wiggins..

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5E_I...ayer_embedded#!
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

MICHIGAN'S - TREY BURKE... Get Kyle Lowry the #%^$%$ outta here with his I Jack Mentality and get a PICK FOR TREY BURKE.

Comment

Via HoopsHype.com:

I'm hearing that German point guard Dennis Schroeder struggled in his workouts in Milwaukee and Houston. Schroeder, according to team sources, struggled to keep up with the defensive intensity in workouts. He works out again Friday in Utah. Schroeder rode a dominant performance at the Hoop Summit into the top 30, but if he doesn't start playing better, he could be in for an equally significant decline. ESPN.com
                You are still my pick!

Steve Luhm: Schroeder heading home after working out for Utah, Philly, Dallas, Boston, Milwaukee and Houston. Twitter @sluhm

Comment

Via HoopsHype.com:

You are still my pick!
                  Means nothing, could have struggled for many reasons....Remember Kevin Durant during his draft workout process?

Comment

If he struggled to keep up with the defensive intensity because he's not a pro caliber defender then you're not going to be happy with him on the Raptors after a couple seasons. The biggest complaint about most guys Colangelo brought in was "they can't play D".

The workouts are the auditions and if they can't bring it there when there is a lot on the line that could be very telling as to what's to come. One we could blow off but two? Maybe he falls to the 20's and they swoop in to get him there....

Comment

I will reserve my judgement when Masai "actually" acquires the pick.

That was the thing with the Colangelo's era, always wanted to acquire a pick in the first round but never could and never did. Instead he gave away the picks and sold out the Raptor's future.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        If he struggled to keep up with the defensive intensity because he's not a pro caliber defender then you're not going to be happy with him on the Raptors after a couple seasons. The biggest complaint about most guys Colangelo brought in was "they can't play D".

The workouts are the auditions and if they can't bring it there when there is a lot on the line that could be very telling as to what's to come. One we could blow off but two? Maybe he falls to the 20's and they swoop in to get him there....
                        Notice the places he reportedly struggled?

Utah and Houston.

Houston does not have a pick and are hoping to be free agent players so I would think they are hoping he drops in to the 20's.

Milwaukee is at 15 with #13 and #14 interested in him.

The report could very well be true but at this time of the year it is hard to take anything without a grain of salt. Between agents and teams there are so many competing interests.

Comment

Matt, I think these GM's are just as smart as you or I. I think they're going to base their decision on what they see in their own workouts with the guy.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                            Would anyone be surprised if DeRozan stayed as the starting 3 and Ujiri moved Gay and his huge salary for a high pick? DeMar is 23 and doing relatively the same things as Gay.
                            No he's not. Gay hit 2 game winning shots for the Raps this past season in 40 something games. DeMar had 1 in 4 years. And that 1 was the game against the Magic in Orlando this past season.

- Gay can create his own shots. DeMar can do that now but it took him 4 years to developed that skill.
                            - Gay is a go to guy. Give him the ball and he can make things happen. Can't say the same thing about DeMar.
                            - Gay is a much better 3pt shooter than DeMar.
                            - Gay is a much better ball handler than DeMar.
                            - Gay is a leader. You can just tell the way he talks.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              No he's not. Gay hit 2 game winning shots for the Raps this past season in 40 something games. DeMar had 1 in 4 years. And that 1 was the game against the Magic in Orlando this past season.

- Gay can create his own shots. DeMar can do that now but it took him 4 years to developed that skill.
                              - Gay is a go to guy. Give him the ball and he can make things happen. Can't say the same thing about DeMar.
                              - Gay is a much better 3pt shooter than DeMar.
                              - Gay is a much better ball handler than DeMar.
                              - Gay is a leader. You can just tell the way he talks.

that one not really, Gay has some awful handles like his hands are Turkey Breast. Everything else though yeah. DeMar hitting game winners hes only gotten a chance to try recently, Bargnani is the guy he was the person taking our last shot.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

Again it could be some other reason why he is performing badly do I really need to remind everyone of Kevin Durant?

Comment

Working...
                                X