Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ujiri is trying to get in the draft, who you want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In other news:

Shane Larkin's name continues to move up in several mock drafts. He's another player that i like. And i have a feeling that he might end up as the best PG in this draft.

Shabazz Muhammad's name on the other hand continues to drop.

Also, some scouts say that Adetokounbo might take 3-4 years to develop or make an impact in the NBA(very raw).

Dario Saric might withdraw from this draft.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Giannis Adetokunbo
      After scoring 17 points on 4/5 from inside the arc and 2/4 from three on top of 5 rebounds, 1 assist, and 4 fouls in 20 minutes against a Turkish team including 2012 Nets second-rounder Ilkan Karaman, Euroleague center Oguz Savas, and former Texas point guard Dogus Balbay, Giannis Adetokunbo was impressive in his third game in as many days.

Starting off the game with a cheap foul and a traveling call, which have plagued the competition on the whole, Adetokunbo finished the first quarter against the Italian Senior National B Team with 0 points. Scoring 10 points in the second quarter, he connected on a couple of nice floaters in the lane to get himself going. Finishing the game with 12 points, Adetokunbo once again showed promising offensive versatility, doing a little bit of everything in the paint, from the perimeter, and as a primary ball handler, but also making it clear that he still has a ways to go on this end of the floor.

Once again, Adetokubo did his best work on the defensive end, where his length and foot speed allowed him to contest perimeter shots, defend multiple positions after switching, rotate from the weakside to challenge shots, and trap ball-handlers in the corners. Though he lacks strength, the 18 year old didn't let himself get pushed around by the more experienced player he was competing against, showing the type of toughness he'll need as he begins to compete more regularly against quality competition.

The NBA scouts in attendance had a hard time hiding how impressed that were with his poise and basketball relative to where he's at in his learning curve. Teams in the 20's believe there's virtually no chance he gets to them. While Adetokunbo was far from dominant here, he helped himself in a major way by showing that he can hold his own against legitimate players over the last two days against a collection of talented pros from Italy and Turkey which will earn him a significant boost in our top-100 rankings and 2013 mock draft when we make our next updates.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2VrSduxYs
      http://www.draftexpress.com
      I love the idea of getting him and stashing for 2 seasons. Have him come over on a rookie deal at 20 years of age.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
        Other than JV, Amir, Acy, and possibly Gay, I would trade anything to get Trey Burke, lol. Actually, maybe not, but I'm a big fan.
        A whoooole lot can change in a year but there appears to be some really good PGs in next years draft, from DraftExpress 2014 mock draft:

4 Marcus Smart PG
        19 years old; 6'4"; 200 lbs.
        Oklahoma State, Freshman

6 Andrew Harrison PG
        18 years old; 6'5"; 207 lbs.
        , HS Senior

9 Dante Exum PG/SG
        17 years old; 6'6"; 188 lbs.
        Australian Institute of Sport, International

26 Vasilije Micic PG
        19 years old; 6'4"; 185 lbs.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2VrTgt2tv

All of those guys are big PGs.

Top Performer: Vasilije Micic
        Having only joined the team on Friday, Micic was well behind his peers on Serbia's U19 squad in terms of knowing the plays and having developed chemistry. For that reason he didn't see much action over the first two games even though he's one of the team's top players. Micic still managed to provide some flashes of brilliance in his limited minutes on the floor before being fully unleashed today. Starting, being handed the keys to the offense, and responding with 15 points, 8 rebounds, and 5 assists in just 21 minutes of action, Micic certainly settled in quickly.

A 6-4 pure point guard with as much creativity and flair as any player you'll find his age on either side of the ocean, Micic took over the game against Team USA. While, not a freakish athlete, he's one of those players who gets anywhere he wants on the floor thanks to a unique combination of terrific ball-handling skills, the ability to play at different speeds and excellent footwork. He utilizes hesitation moves extremely well, playing at his own pace and slicing apart defenses on the pick and roll in particular.

Micic shows excellent court vision, utilizing both sides of the court in the set offense and making pinpoint decisions in transition, passing the ball ahead beautifully, sometimes even going the length of the floor. Having seen considerable playing time in the Serbian League for Mega Vizura for the better part of 3 seasons, one of which he missed a portion of with an injury, Micic's considerable experience for a player his age certainly shows in the way he distributes the ball.

As a scorer, Micic's jumper doesn't look all that pretty--he sports a long, flat-footed release and even tossed up an airball in the game today. Even if it isn't pretty, his shot goes in at a decent rate--he made 38.4% of his 3-point attempts this season and hit three of his four attempts from beyond the arc today.

Defensively, Micic is competitive and shows excellent awareness and anticipation skills, but could very well struggle against higher level players due to his average lateral quickness. He needs to continue to get stronger, which will also help him as a finisher around the basket too, an area he certainly needs to improve in.

Having surprisingly led Mega Vizura to a berth in the Adriatic League next season, Micic will be a prospect to keep an eye on next year as one of the top international prospects in the 1994 class.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2VrTu8pRs
        Toronto might be wise to let Lowry play out his year and use him as trade bait or as sign and trade candidate.... but again, a lot can change.

Comment

• Latest mock draft from DraftExpress.com has Schroeder at 24 and Adetokunbo at 15!

Comment

• Jeff Withey, Why you ask?
            1) Lead the NCAA in blocks:-) and we have a defensive minded coach.
            2) A genuine 7fter, could be partnered with Acey, as an agressive second defensive combo, now.
            3) Can be had late, seriously we're not getting a lottery seat, this year.
            4) Think long term a sold affordable big, who hustles.
            Let me repeat, hustles. Good day all.:-)

Comment

• Go Big, we need depth

Jeff Withey, perfect for our coach. A genuine 7 footer, who hustles. A weak draft, draft depth and hope his NCAA leading blocks per game,(Chris Anderson upside) translates. We need a pg, and we are unlikely to acquire a lottery pick.

Comment

• Okay. Need a lot more video to make an honest call on him, but if the Raptors got in to the 2nd round to pick him up I wouldn't hate.

Former volleyball player who converted to basketball... hmm...

Last edited by blackjitsu; Tue Jun 11, 2013, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• Ok. Thought about it. Dude is the definition of a project. The handful of things he does wrong are all pet peeves of mine.
                  Not to say he would be a bad pick but when you draft a senior you expect a more polished product. A lot of his flaws are tied to effort. You don't defend a pnr with your hands down. Not sure how he would fit. He's a third center when the Raptors need a 2nd center. What makes him better than Muscala, who isn't the physical presence but is WAY faster, has 2 hands and no effort issues?

Both are projects either way, but Muscala is a lot closer, and looks like a basketball player, rather than a converted volleyball player.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I love the idea of getting him and stashing for 2 seasons. Have him come over on a rookie deal at 20 years of age.
                    The Raps have been far from successful with this type of plan in the past, but it is encouraging to see him getting high marks for his defensive effort, especially switching and rotating from weakside to help. Looks like there is no chance he drops to second round but a late first round...could be good use of a late pick.

Comment

• At the endish of the first round, Tony Mitchell.

At the beginning, Oladipo.

For the longest time i didn't get all the love for him but the past few days ive been doing a ton of research on him and i think he's one of the best long term prospects in the draft. he's definitely tony allen 2.0 with more of a offensive game. the leaps and bounds he made last year on that end are astounding. he's incredibly efficient too.

i've said this till i'm red in the face and i'm going to say it again. to have a winner you need guys that bring something to the table and don't take a lot off. that's Oladipo. there's two types of players in the league, guys that love to win, and guys that hate to lose. you want the ones that hate to lose. that's Oladipo. he'll do anything to make sure the team succeeds. him and Ross would make a nice SG tandem, especially since they can both should be able to guard multiple positions.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Shane Larkin in the middle of the first round.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Got my picks narrowed down to Karasev or Dieng
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Assuming we pick late first, I think the point guard position needs to be addressed, whether it be Schroeder, Kabongo, Adetokunbo, etc. If some of these bigger name guards can't be found, we go big with Dieng, Withey. I feel Kabongo won't be selected in the first round, if we could find a late 1st and a 2nd rounder (if we don't already have one), it'd be a solid draft to find some role players.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I have a feeling if we can nab a 12-15 pick we get Bullock or Mohammad and with the late first very early second grab Kabongo...I have a feeling a team may reach on him, pick him up earlier than mocked.

of all pgs in the draft he is extremely underrated for silly reasons.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                                I have a feeling if we can nab a 12-15 pick we get Bullock or Mohammad and with the late first very early second grab Kabongo...I have a feeling a team may reach on him, pick him up earlier than mocked.

of all pgs in the draft he is extremely underrated for silly reasons.
                                I want no part of Muhammad. Another one dimensional player. And Bullock at 12-15 is way too high.

If the Raps somehow gets into that 12-15 range. They need to take either MCW, Larkin or Schroeder.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X