Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Rebuild Proposal

Trade #1: Bargnani to Brooklyn for Nets #22 pick and Humphries

I think the Nets bite on this. They get another scorer in their starting 5 after Humphries' lackluster season, and I doubt Prok would be opposed to paying for a guy that COULD put up near 20 a game for them depending on his role. #22 pick probably holds little value in this draft to Brooklyn.

Trade #2: Gay to Charlotte for Gordon + Bobcats #4 pick

With the Bobcats (soon to be Hornets) rebranding, I could see MJ making a win now move. Give MKG more time to learn off the bench and insert Gay into the starting lineup. Maybe try to sign an impact bigman with leftover cap space. BG is making a lot of money anyway so I doubt CHA would mind paying 4M more for a name-brand guy like Gay. I think they would be willing to move the #4 just because they have a lot of prospects already and like I said, might be in win-now mode.

Trade #3: Lowry, Fields, Amir to Sacramento for Jason Thompson + 2014 Pick

Sacramento gets a non-ball dominant upper-mid tier starting PG to pair with Tyreke (or Ellis) and a nice role-playing SF in Fields to take Salmons role. Amir would be an excellent complement to Cousins at the 4 spot with his weakside defense, hustle and ability to space the floor.

In the 2013 draft, I would select Trey Burke with the #4 and snag Adetokoubo at #22 (or move up slightly if necessary) and stash him for a year. Roll into the new season with.

Burke
    DeRozan
    Kleiza
    Acy
    Valanciunas

And tank the season. Would probably have a top 4 pick (ours) and top 10 pick (Kings). Let's say we get lucky and land #1 and #10. Snag Andrew Wiggins #1 and maybe a bigman or a guy like McAdoo at #10.

Burke
    DeRozan
    Wiggins
    McAdoo
    Valanciunas

You roll into 2014 free agency with about 30M on the books (including rookie deals) and about 30M in cap space to spend. Doesn't have to be spent that year (although that FA class is stacked), could hold over till 2015 for a guy like Love who would fit that lineup very well. Snag a guy like Corey Joseph to play backup PG for us and bring over Adetokoubo from Greece. Andersen Varejao could be brought in as a defensive/energy backup C/PF.

Post 2015 Free Agency Squad

Burke (23)/Joseph (24)
    DeRozan (26)/Ross (24)
    Wiggins (20)/Adetokoubo (21)
    Love (27)/Acy (25)
    Valanciunas (23)/Varejao (33)

Waayyyy easier said than done!

Comment

#2: Charlotte is over the cap so i dont believe they can assume the extra $4 million in cap space

#3 You're sending over $18 million in salary to Sacramento and only recieving $5 million back... Furthermore I don't think they would want to pay Fields $6 million while they have Salmons on the books for $8 million

However we would have the absolute worst bench in the pro's...so yeah for #1 overall in 2014

Comment

Working...
      X