X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Orlando needs a PG as well.
    But they are in tank mode.

They have Jameer Nelson until they can draft one or trade for someone younger than Lowry (will be 28 at end of season).

*EDIT* I'm sorry, you meant in reference to Jennings. Yeah. That makes sense. Doubt they have much interest in him though.

Comment

• Really I suppose I shouldn't have asked the question of should they flip Lowry for him because really in S&T the team doing the signing rarely gets anything close to full value. They could probably get Jennings for pieces that can be used as chips later. Then the Raptors would flip Lowry else where for something of value.

I'm not sure who Jennings will be in two or three years so this is a risky proposition.

Jennings does have the natural talent to be one of the better PG's in the league if he matures though.

Comment

• Re Lowry, today, July 15th, is the last day to waive him for a mill.$ or his contract for next year is in force (6.2 mill.). At least that's my understanding.

Jennings must be quite pissed and probably believes he is worth at least the 8 mill./per Teague was offered.

Comment

• if Jennings can be signed long term for $8M/year and he matures he will be a high value player.

Comment

• Jennings wants 12 Mil..

Now imagine Derozan was in this situation... If Jennings signs for 12 Mil, dont you think Derozan has a right to ask for the same amount? Thank goodness he was extended earlier and for cheaper!
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Jennings wants 12 Mil..

Now imagine Derozan was in this situation... If Jennings signs for 12 Mil, dont you think Derozan has a right to ask for the same amount? Thank goodness he was extended earlier and for cheaper!
              Jesus. That article is right.. if he actually gets 12 mil, he should write a book.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• In my opinion what Jennings wants and what the market will offer are different. I'd be shocked if a team offers more than 8 or 9 mill and so he will have the choice to take less or not get paid at all.

Speaking of DeRozan, him and Jennings are pretty close.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  In my opinion what Jennings wants and what the market will offer are different. I'd be shocked if a team offers more than 8 or 9 mill and so he will have the choice to take less or not get paid at all.

Speaking of DeRozan, him and Jennings are pretty close.
                  right now Jennings is worth Dragic money... 4 years 28 - 30 million tops. The key is if you want to pay for his potential.
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Isnt this insane? Most of us here agree Jennings isnt worth more than 8 MIL. How does one believe shooting less than 40% FG make them worth 50% more than any reasonable person would pay?

Comment

Jennings wants 12 Mil..

How many offers did Jennings get for his asking price?

He can ask for whatever he wants but it doesn't mean he will get it.

There has to be a team willing to offer the money and it appeared there was not.

Comment

• I think it's fair to say that Jennings and Lowry our both in that second tier of point guards. I basically think both players cancel each other. Jennings only has the edge cause he happens to be 4 years younger. This move wouldn't surprise me. It's a way to get younger and not get worse
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Honestly, I wouldn't S&T DeMar for Jennings unless Milwaukee was feeling particularly spendy (like, John Henson and a first-rounder). Their game is basically about the same but DeMar is in better shape and has much more character.

Comment

• Matt52 read the article. He is "demanding" 12 Mil. He is willing to sit tight until he gets what he wants. S&T probably wont happen. Is it possible he starts the season without a contract?

Comment

Matt52 read the article. He is "demanding" 12 Mil. He is willing to sit tight until he gets what he wants. S&T probably wont happen. Is it possible he starts the season without a contract?
                              If he doesn't re-negotiate he'll have to settle for the qualifying offer of under 5mil. I think someone will pay close to 40 mil over 4 years based on pure potential. Would a s&t for Caldwell-Pope and Villenueva work?

Comment

• alex_elstone wrote: View Post
                                If he doesn't re-negotiate he'll have to settle for the qualifying offer of under 5mil. I think someone will pay close to 40 mil over 4 years based on pure potential. Would a s&t for Caldwell-Pope and Villenueva work?
                                Milwaukee isn't tanking or rebuilding, and that's definitely a rebuilding deal for them. I think the Bucks say no to that.

Comment

Working...
                                X