No announcement yet.

Possible Target for backup PG: Buycks & Stone signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since the Raptors Summer League roster is already posted, does this mean that it's too late to have Buycks join our Summer League team? I'd like to see Buycks, Ross, Valanciunas, and Acy on the floor together and it would be nice to have him form some chemistry with our players

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      Since the Raptors Summer League roster is already posted, does this mean that it's too late to have Buycks join our Summer League team? I'd like to see Buycks, Ross, Valanciunas, and Acy on the floor together and it would be nice to have him form some chemistry with our players
      I think I read that Buycks is already on Miami's Vegas summer league team, which is too bad.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
        I think I read that Buycks is already on Miami's Vegas summer league team, which is too bad.
        that's kinda neat though, we'll get to see Stone and Buycks go head to head

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          Is the comment about being an efficient scorer based on what he did in the summer league only or icluding what he did in Europe? Just curious because I could only find his stats from summer league where he did score efficiently and kept his turn overs down, but it's still just summer league. Also, I saw somewhere that he averaged 2.5 assists a game. That's not too good, for a PG, but I guess as long as he's coming off the bench it doesn't hurt the team too much. If Lowry gets injured for any duration of time though things could get ugly.
          In Europe as well. He shot 46% FG last year in France, 38.4% 3PT, scoring over 18 points a game. He also averaged 5 FT per game.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
            I wonder if getting signed means he's not going to play now.? He didn't play today for the Thunder. Maybe teams go "Meh, he's signed somewhere else. What's the point of us playing him?"

Plus I heard he's going to Toronto this weekend for physicals and such. And Vegas league is starting today.
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
              I wonder if getting signed means he's not going to play now.? He didn't play today for the Thunder. Maybe teams go "Meh, he's signed somewhere else. What's the point of us playing him?"

Plus I heard he's going to Toronto this weekend for physicals and such. And Vegas league is starting today.
              I guess that could well be the case. I wondered about that too.

Comment

• He reminds me of Brandon Jennings -- based on the videos I've seen on youtube -- with the way he moves around the court & how he gathers his shot. What I like about this signing is the fact that this dude is already 24 with significant experience in college, D-League & overseas. He should be able to contribute now since he is already somewhat seasoned -- with room to grow. He has the ball skills to create his own shot & get to his spot, he has the size being 6'3".

We now have different options at the point guard spot ...

Starting calibre guard / Good rebounder -- Lowry
                Score first / Get to the rim / Good size -- Buycks
                Defensive oriented / Great size -- Stone

We are getting younger by the day!
                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post

We are getting younger by the day!
                  I like it, it's Ujiri's style.

Comment

• Dwight Buycks

Here is a link from the OKC summer league:
                    http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-thun...rticle/3860531

Here is another link with a nice clip:
                    http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...dwight-buycks/

edit: thanks for relocating my post; did not follow this thread originally.
                    Last edited by vino; Fri Jul 12, 2013, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Cancel the Tanking!

@BrettNBA: Source: Raptors interested in signing free agent Nate Robinson, would use him as backup point guard behind Kyle Lowry.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• That's gotta be a joke.

Comment

• Who would have imagined the Raptors coming out on top of the Dwight free agent sweepstakes?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Cancel the Tanking!

@BrettNBA: Source: Raptors interested in signing free agent Nate Robinson, would use him as backup point guard behind Kyle Lowry.
                            Lowry going bye bye?

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                              Lowry going bye bye?
                              Why do you say that? I mean, what makes you think there might be a connection to a possible signing of Nate...?
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Jul 12, 2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Cancel the Tanking!

I had brought up Nate in the free agency thread. I think he is a good pick up in the short term if itbgoes through.

Comment

Working...
                                X