X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh, first round exit 2014.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Bold statement when you don't even know their 2014 roster.

Comment

I don't think they'll get very far.

NBA players can tweet about him "being a leader" all they want. Like that means anything. NBA players seem to have no issue disrespecting coaches with even many years of experience under their belt. Now enter Kidd, with zero coaching experience. Someone they are more likely to see as an 'equal', rather than someone to look upto. And they're gonna dump him right into the big leagues too.

Comment

Jason Kidd is a hall of fame PG. If they don't look up to him, a man who's seen it all, then what hope do they have? "His equal"? He's an all-time great for crying out loud. I'm excited for the Nets. It will be a fun year and I'm rooting for Kidd even though he's in the division.

Comment

Turns out it was a BAD idea...

SI.com wrote:
            "Just bad coaching," is how Jason Kidd described what's ailing the Nets, but his players defended him Tuesday. It is surely too soon to judge Kidd's coaching acumen, but it is fair to wonder whether he was ready for this job, on this stage, with these weighty expectations. A veteran scout, interviewed earlier in the day and speaking on the condition of anonymity, called Kidd's bench comportment "terrible," observing that the play-calling has fallen mostly to his top assistants, Lawrence Frank and John Welch. "He doesn't do anything," said the scout, who has watched the Nets several times. "He doesn't make calls. John Welch does all the offense. Lawrence does all the defense. ... I don't know what Kidd does. I don't think you can grade him and say he's bad. You can give him an incomplete."

Source

Comment

Well, can't say I didn't have my doubts...
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                Well, can't say I didn't have my doubts...
                And yet these doubts weren't voiced in this thread ... Lol

All you contributed to the conversation was a Beastie Boys vids. Which was awesome btw ... but still.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  And yet these doubts weren't voiced in this thread ... Lol

All you contributed to the conversation was a Beastie Boys vids. Which was awesome btw ... but still.
                  It was fucking awesome, wasn't it? *LBF pats himself on back*

And well, I didn't really need to say anything...I mean the proof is in the pudding, Joey..

Last edited by LBF; Wed Nov 20, 2013, 06:03 PM.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

There's way too much pressure on Kidd, partly because this is going to be the only year they can win with this roster. IMO, it was a bad idea to throw a rookie coach into this situation.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

no timeouts left, so he stops the game, haha.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

jason kidd is completely in over his head but that was a pretty clever move
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

dirty move

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post

no timeouts left, so he stops the game, haha.
                            lol that move didn't help him get the win and it cost him $50,000.

Comment

First suspension for few games, now 50 grand to pay, let's add 4-11 start to this list.

Amazing start to Kidd's coaching career.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                                First suspension for few games, now 50 grand to pay, let's add 4-11 start to this list.

Amazing start to Kidd's coaching career.
                                It was stupid to hire Kidd to begin with. I think that Kidd might become a decent head coach in the NBA some day, but it made no sense for the Nets to hire him. In the offseason, they traded for Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Jason Terry. All of them are aging and on the decline. Two of their best players, Deron Williams and Brook Lopez, are both injury prone. They are literally in MUST WIN NOW MODE with a window of this season and next season. If you are in win now mode, why in the hell would you take such a huge risk in hiring a rookie coach with zero experience coaching? They might have surrounded him with veteran assistant coaches, but it has already been proven and shown that Kidd has absolutely no idea what he is doing and is relying on his assistant coaches on setting offense and defense plays. Brooklyn just fucked up their team by hiring Kidd. Now that we know that they are absolutely garbage, I think it's safe to say this project is pretty much a bust.

Now I'm gonna add insult to injury. Because Brooklyn did whatever it took to challenge for a championship this season and next season, they basically sold all their future picks and cap space. To illustrate how bad their pick situation is, Brooklyn doesn't own the rights to their own first-round selection until 2019. As for their 2014 first-round pick, Brooklyn will convey the less favorable of its 2014 first-round pick and Atlanta's 2014 first-round pick to Boston. To illustrate how bad their cap situation is, the Nets aren't projected to be under the cap until 2015. They don't have enough cap space for a max contract until 2016. So basically, if you thought we were in a bad situation, they are pretty much fucked for the next three or so season unless they can make a miraculous recovery to their, so far, disappointing season.

Comment

Working...
                                X