Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your top 5 favourite players of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your top 5 favourite players of all time?

1. Michael Jordan
    2. Hakeem Olajuwon
    3. Vince Carter
    4. Kobe Bryant
    5. Larry Bird

Honourable mention to Magic Johnson, Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan.

LeBron James is also slowly climbing up on my all time favourite list. Hate him or not the guy is going to end up as one of the top 5 or top 3 greatest players of all time.
    Mamba Mentality

1. Magic
    2. Hakeem
    3. Oakley
    4. JYD

#5 is like a 50 way tie.

Comment

1. Kobe Bryant
      2. Tracy McGrady - never get tired of the 13 points in 35 seconds
      3. Julius Erving
      4. MJ
      5. Steph Curry - in love with shooters
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Young guy, but watched a lot of hardwood games thanks to dad and friends keeping some taped games.

1. LeBron James
        2. Kevin Durant
        3. Michael Jordan
        4. Allen Iverson
        5. Rasheed Wallace
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Bill Russell
          Michael Jordan
          Wilt Chamberlain
          Magic Johnson
          Larry Bird

Can't do just five
          Kobe Bryant
          Lebron James

Comment

1. Kobe
            2. Jordan
            3. T-Mac
            4. Iverson
            5. Magic

Comment

so i'm probably breaking the mold here.... since "favourite" and "best" are two completely different things..

1. Gary Payton
              2. Shawn Kemp
              3. John Stockton
              4. Steve Nash
              5. VC

If you asked me pre-VC crying his way out of town... he'd easily be #1

Comment

#1 - Vince Carter
                #2 - Allen Iverson
                #3 - Michael Jordan
                #4 - Steve Nash
                #5 - Kobe Bryant

These 5 are also the 5 players I'd solely attribute to getting me into basketball and my love of the game.
                It's their fault I'm here everyday talking bball!
                Last edited by Joey; Thu Jun 20, 2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Vince Carter - Hometown heroes are the easiest to cheer for, and Vince put us on the map for a while.

Tim Hardaway - Early 90's GSW was when I first got into the NBA. UTEP Two Step! Followed him to the Heat in the mid-late 90's

Shawn Kemp - Tomahawk Jams and alley-oops from The Glove were just ridiculous

Gary Payton - Stifling D and sick dimes, made the Sonics my team in the 90's

LeBron James - All-around game and for his size and athleticism he still amazes me.

*No particular order, but just as Heinz said, VC would've been #1 Easily before he became a bitch.

**A.I. was sick but he played for a division rival, so I hated him but loved his game/heart.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                    **A.I. was sick but he played for a division rival, so I hated him but loved his game/heart.
                    I remember my mom went to the NBA Store in New York when it like first opened up in '98, and bought me a REALLY nice 76ers Hoody... I was devestated ... Lol Totally reminds me of "The Hockey Sweater" story, about the kid living in Quebec who's mom gets him a Maple Leafs jersey instead of a Maurice Richard jersey ...

However, it was because of this Hoody that I started to follow the Sixers a bit closer, knowing I was stuck with this Hoody .. and it was REALLY nice.. so I figured I'd dig into these "76ers" knowing they had just picked up a young PG that the Raptors got screwed out of Drafting ... I wore that Hoody proudly after that. While it wasn't a Raptors hoody like I wanted, it gave birth to my love of all things Iverson, Including my highschool email address - iverson76er @hotmail.com - which stuck for a LONG while. Haha
                    Last edited by Joey; Thu Jun 20, 2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Oddly, I've never really considered it before but I am also a Sonics fan so I'll follow suit there:

1. Gary Payton
                      2. Shawn Kemp
                      3. Vince Carter (although he broke my heart)
                      4. Penny Hardaway
                      5. I'm not sure, Derrick Rose, maybe Charles Barkley, maybe Steve Nash

I have a hard time putting Vince on the list, but boy, did he ever get me excited about Raptors basketball.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        I remember my mom went to the NBA Store in New York when it like first opened up in '98, and bought me a REALLY nice 76ers Hoody... I was devestated ... Lol Totally reminds me of "The Hockey Sweater" story, about the kid living in Quebec who's mom gets him a Maple Leafs jersey instead of a Maurice Richard jersey ...

However, it was because of this Hoody that I started to follow the Sixers a bit closer, knowing I was stuck with this Hoody .. and it was REALLY nice.. so I figured I'd dig into these "76ers" knowing they had just picked up a young PG that the Raptors got screwed out of Drafting ... I wore that Hoody proudly after that. While it wasn't a Raptors hoody like I wanted, it gave birth to my love of all things Iverson, Including my highschool email address - iverson76er @hotmail.com - which stuck for a LONG while. Haha
                        Traitor!!! haha just kidding, we all still had our "other teams" in those early years.

I wanna add Shaq to my list! I forgot how much I liked him before he went to the Lakers... My bro-in-law used to work for the TTC, so I used to get those long ass advertisment boards they have inside the subway cars. I remember having one where he was promoting Mr. Big bars... Never saw anyone as dominant and strong as he was, and quite athletic for his size! But then I had to hate him on the Lakers cause, well, I hate the Lakers.

Comment

1. Scottie Pippen
                          2. Gary Payton
                          3. Kevin Durant
                          4. Alvin Williams
                          5. Gary Forbes
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If I put Tim Duncan and ... Ben Wallace in my list, do I get disqualified?

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Bill Russell
                              Michael Jordan
                              Wilt Chamberlain
                              Magic Johnson
                              Larry Bird

Can't do just five
                              Kobe Bryant
                              Lebron James
                              No George Mikan?

Comment