Jerry Colangelo doesn't hold a grudge! DeRozan selected to USA mini-camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice accolade that selection.

But a more interesting exercise in value determinance would be to compare DD to the rest of the peers chosen (the list in the op) and place him in an hierarchical order of "value".....or who would you trade him for on that list (multiples incl.) of course taking into consideration the other trader's willingness.

My own perception of his value within that list places him about sixth from bottom...above Hayward, Walker, Waiters, Zeller, Gibson (in no particular order).

Comment

It's good for him. Sharpen iron with iron.

I'm honestly not expecting him to come back a better 3 point shooter and defender but it's better than playing in the drew league.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        Nice accolade that selection.

But a more interesting exercise in value determinance would be to compare DD to the rest of the peers chosen (the list in the op) and place him in an hierarchical order of "value".....or who would you trade him for on that list (multiples incl.) of course taking into consideration the other trader's willingness.

My own perception of his value within that list places him about sixth from bottom...above Hayward, Walker, Waiters, Zeller, Gibson (in no particular order).
        You kidding me?

Demar is easily more valued than these players:
        Barnes, Beal, Drummond, Favors, Hayward, Gibson, Jordan, Waiters, Zeller, Walker

Putting him in the top 12

Demar is arguably more valued than these players:
        Conley, Parsons, Sanders

Putting him in the top 9.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

i wouldn't say Favors. Dude has mad potential

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
            You kidding me?

Barnes, Beal, Drummond, Favors, Hayward, Gibson, Jordan, Waiters, Zeller, Walker

Conley, Parsons, Sanders

:/
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              i wouldn't say Favors. Dude has mad potential
              But we aint talking potential when we are speaking about value for this USA team.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                :/
                Ill never understand what that emoticon tries to convey

:/ :/ :/

Comment

Yeah come on, he's better than 6th from the bottom lol fucking guys, you won't sleep on giving DD a hard time will you?
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    You kidding me?

Conley, Parsons, Sanders

To be more explicit, I was not comparing DD's value to the US team but rather to individual players selected for whatever position and all of their perceived values in the league (potential, salary and stats). I thought it would be an interesting exercise since there is debate in this forum as to his value on the Raptors. I assume we shall also have divergent views with my proposal...as already!!.

Seriously though, you would NOT do a one-up swap for either Beal, Barnes, Favors? Drummond I would be thinking hard....that was a bad pass by the Raps not drafting him...but thats hindsight now. I dont think the Clips give up Jordan for DD straight up. The others on your list I concurred with.
                    Last edited by Bendit; Thu Jun 13, 2013, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Well Bryan better send the man something more than a damn card this Sunday.
                      Haha. This is the first thought that crossed my mind when I read the headline. Then, after looking at the quality (or lack thereof) of players on that list, it was more like... jeez, Demar BETTER be at least as good as some of those guys. If not,he's heading into career role player / bust / vastly overpaid territory.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                        Yeah come on, he's better than 6th from the bottom lol fucking guys, you won't sleep on giving DD a hard time will you?
                        So, whats it going to be? Be reasonable now. lol.

Comment

To be more explicit, I was not comparing DD's value to the US team but rather to individual players selected for whatever position and all of their perceived values in the league (potential, salary and stats). I thought it would be an interesting exercise since there is debate in this forum as to his value on the Raptors. I assume we shall also have divergent views with my proposal...as already!!.

Seriously though, you would NOT do a one-up swap for either Beal, Barnes, Favors? Drummond I would be thinking hard....that was a bad pass by the Raps not drafting him...but thats hindsight now. I dont think the Clips give up Jordan for DD straight up. The others on your list I concurred with.
                          Okay, now that I understand your point, I can see a few names I listed that I would rather have on my team than DD. Beal, Barnes, and Drummond are not those names. Favors MAYBE.

Comment

So, whats it going to be? Be reasonable now. lol.
                            Looking at the list of guys who have been invited I would put him 12-13th from bottom.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I wouldn't hesitate to swap DeRozan for Beal straight up.

Even as a rookie, Beal is a much more complete player (better shooter, better ball-handler, better court vision).

Comment

A bit off topic but definitely a future attendee of the USA Basketball camp....

Comment

Working...
                                X