Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    Why isn't SA playing him?

Legit question, I'm honestly curious. Wasn't he starting last year? Splitter sure isn't setting the world on fire.
    I think you are seriously undervalueing Splitter. He has the best defensive rating of the Spurs (per nba.com) and is in the top 10 of the league in that category. Furthermore, if you look at his stats per 36 he's pretty close to Marc Gasol. He's amongst the best bigs in the league and you can't say that in a million years about Blair.

Comment

While obtaining a low post threat this offseason like david west, al jefferson or paul milsap, would be nice, it would be easy to overlook the fact that weve already got a big man with a developing post game in JV whos going to be here for as long as i can look into the future.

Signing one of these guys would not only cost way too much money but also hinder JV's development as a scoring threat in the future.

The way this team is panning out is: athletic, high energy, and versatile. Seems like ujiri is keen on allowing young players to come into their own and the makeup of our roster leans towards a small ball, uptempo system which it seems like casey was derailed from doing by colangelo and bargnani's poor season.

next years offense will undoubtably be running through 1. gay & 2. DD with JV and Amir continuing to be a solid frontcourt defensive pairing, rebounding the ball and bringing high energy to the court on d. Allow the wings and guards to bust through seams and shoot and let the big guys be beasts on the glass and protect the paint. (Im expecting a huge year from lowry btw)

the team needs that same consistency from the second unit. the best option for a big man off the bench is a role player that will run the floor, rebound and play d. I think jj hickson fills the bill on numerous levels. At just 24, he had a breakout year in portland playing out of position at the 5. He fits the age group of the team and has the heart n hustle that dwane casey and this city demands. Furthermore he only made 4 million last year and could prolly be signed for a slightly less then an amir johnson type contract.

Lose bargnani/kleiza via trade/amnesty and focus on developing JV, signing hickson, and adding another scoring guard who can CREATE SHOTS for himself or others a la oj mayo. mayo also could be had for a reasonable 2-3 yr deal as he only made 4 mil last year too.

lowry/lucas/(mayo)
      Derozan/mayo/ross
      Gay/fields/(derozan)
      Johnson/hickson/acy
      jv/gray/(johnson/hickson)

Thoughts?

Comment

I would look into Anthony Randolph (Nuggets) & Brendan Wright (Mavericks) -- both are long & mobile options at the 4 spot. Randolph is more versatile & I believe has the better offensive skill set while Wright provides better rim protection & can pass as a back-up center. Either of the two would be a solid underrated move, in my opinion.
        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Working...
        X