No announcement yet.

Fired: Alvin Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thought that came to mind this evening that sort of applies to this situation.

Does anyone remember anything at all leaked about Denver trades with Ujiri in charge? **Forget the Melo-Drama... that was a shit show with all NY media in a frenzy** Specifically, from my recollection, the Nene-McGee trade came out of nowhere and Denver's involvement with the LAL-ORL-PHI aka Howard/Bynum deal came out of nowhere as well.

I'd hate to be a grunt with that type of secrecy around the decision makers.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
      I like that reference 'reporter'.
      lol

I am trying to be upfront and honest about my disdain for this 'reporters' work.

Comment

MU On His Scouting Changes:

One of the things I do is that I don’t restrict people to regional scouting and so it cuts my staff down. Some teams do it where they’d hire regional guys and guys in different areas and I’m a little bit different. I want whoever I have seeing everything. So when we go into a room and we have a discussion, everyone is very honest and has a strong opinion because you’ve seen the player or seen the prospect.

So the staff is going to shrink a little bit in those situations… It’s unfortunate that there has to be changes and fewer opportunities in terms of scouting positions, but a smaller staff is how I want to go.
        http://blog.raptors.com/a-few-minute...m-masai-ujiri/

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
          I like his approach. I could never understand how scouts could argue for 'their guy' relative to other prospects that they hadn't seen first-hand. I much prefer scouts who have an all-encompassing view of all prospects, whether for drafts or trading purposes. Sorry Alvin.

Comment

Working...
          X