No announcement yet.

Raptors new front office taking shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though I would prefer a tear down and rebuild, I think that TL and MU are going the retooling route. Neither guy is known for rebuilds if I'm not mistaken unless you consider what MU did in Denver as a rebuild which I don't. Also, at the end of the day these two are reporting to someone, and Bell/Rogers doesn't have anyting to profit from a rebuild. The Jays and Leafs are an indicator that they want to win now.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      Though I would prefer a tear down and rebuild, I think that TL and MU are going the retooling route. Neither guy is known for rebuilds if I'm not mistaken unless you consider what MU did in Denver as a rebuild which I don't. Also, at the end of the day these two are reporting to someone, and Bell/Rogers doesn't have anyting to profit from a rebuild. The Jays and Leafs are an indicator that they want to win now.
      Denver was a complete rebuild, literally no one who was on the team when Ujiri took over was still on the team this year except Lawson. If the only player who was still a Raptor in 3 years was JV, wouldn't you say the Raptors rebuilt? If that's not a complete rebuild then I don't know what is. Ujiri was just so damn good at rebuilding that people didn't even notice the complete roster overhaul because the team kept winning.

I think right now Ujiri and Casey are just playing up the value of all of our guys in interviews (see Casey interview where he says Rudy has added 10-15lbs of upper body muscle already), to make it seem like we want to keep them so we have more leverage when trade discussions start.
      I also think Leiweke and MLSE understand that getting a high draft pick in 2014 will be crucial to our long term success, so a semi-tank next year is in the teams long term financial interests. I'm not saying lets purposely lose, but lets deal our more experienced talent to contenders to bring back younger talent and draft picks. Use this season as development and hit the ground running in 2014 with our new stud rookie surrounded by other great young talent.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
        Denver was a complete rebuild, literally no one who was on the team when Ujiri took over was still on the team this year except Lawson. If the only player who was still a Raptor in 3 years was JV, wouldn't you say the Raptors rebuilt? If that's not a complete rebuild then I don't know what is. Ujiri was just so damn good at rebuilding that people didn't even notice the complete roster overhaul because the team kept winning.

I think right now Ujiri and Casey are just playing up the value of all of our guys in interviews (see Casey interview where he says Rudy has added 10-15lbs of upper body muscle already), to make it seem like we want to keep them so we have more leverage when trade discussions start.
        I also think Leiweke and MLSE understand that getting a high draft pick in 2014 will be crucial to our long term success, so a semi-tank next year is in the teams long term financial interests. I'm not saying lets purposely lose, but lets deal our more experienced talent to contenders to bring back younger talent and draft picks. Use this season as development and hit the ground running in 2014 with our new stud rookie surrounded by other great young talent.
        Sure, I see your point, however I consider a rebuilding includes drafting and developing talent. The team Ujiri constructed in Denver was largely composed of established talent.

Comment

Building a good management team by Masai & he has a very good track record. Adding the capologist expee-eert Webster looks good. Good moves, maybe we'll see bobby-ball? a strong front offcie, and more wins! There is work to be done, may they all be up to the tasks.

Comment

Nick Nurse to join Toronto as assistant coach?

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2013...oronto-raptors

Didn't see this in any threads so, here.

Comment

Nick tries to work guards w/ 3 pts. and run the floor. Very offensive minded.

Comment

I wonder if this means anything about Glen Rice Jr.? Nick Nurse was his head coach in the D-league.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Raptors Add Tolzman, Resch

The Toronto Raptors announced Wednesday they have named Dan Tolzman as the club’s director of scouting and Teresa Resch as director of basketball operations.

“I am excited to welcome Dan and Teresa to our staff,” said Raptors President and General Manager, Basketball Operations Masai Ujiri. “Both possess previous experience that will prove valuable to their positions and our organization.”

Tolzman will oversee all aspects of the team’s scouting department, including college and professional scouting, talent assessment and related data management. He also will provide input on personnel and roster decisions.

Tolzman was a member of Ujiri’s staff in Denver, serving as scouting coordinator since 2011. He originally joined the Nuggets organization as a media relations intern in 2004 and was promoted to media relations manager in 2009.

Resch will serve as the liaison between basketball and team business operations. She also will assist in off-court player development projects.

Resch returns to the NBA, having spent four years at the NBA League Office from December 2006 – May 2011. While at the NBA, Resch assisted the international basketball operations department in operating Basketball without Borders Camps in four different continents and was instrumental in the establishment of the first camp to feature women campers.

In her initial role in the NBA domestic basketball operations department, Resch oversaw league roster management and operations of league sponsored events NBA All-Star Weekend, NBA Draft and NBA Draft Combine.
                  http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...-resch-070313/

Comment

Oh great, a woman`s on board...

Comment

The Teresa signing is pretty big. Look at her resume. Not hard to tell the Raptors are going all in on 2016 ASG. Also not hard to tell BC was just replaced, again.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                        Oh great, a woman`s on board...
                        this a joke?
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                          this a joke?
                          Depends on how ya take it! It was meant light-heartedly... just never heard of a woman in the F.O. is all, man.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                            Depends on how ya take it! It was meant light-heartedly... just never heard of a woman in the F.O. is all, man.

All I care about it is the resume. 4 years at the head office expanding the game globally seems like decent credentials to me. Apologies that you were my target. I've recently become more aligned with feminist thinking.
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

The Tolzman background is a bit different. His seems to be "media relations" and the career timeline seems to suggest not that a long a period in scouting ...probably about 5 years(?). I suppose he must have impressed Masai in Denver. Never a bad thing I suppose if he goes about scouting unorthodoxly unlike the old timers.

Comment

Maybe she's single and likes stuffing

Comment

Working...
                                X