If Given the Opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Given the Opportunity

Would you trade JV straight up for Andrew Wiggins? Just curious to know what everyone's opinion would be on this?
    Wiggins
    64.29%
    JV
    35.71%

The poll is expired.

wiggins. closest thing to a sure thing in a few years. should be a game changer compared to jvs could be a game changer.

now if we could get them on the same team

Comment

Im saying its a league where you need a superstar wing player. If you are Ujiri and you really want this Canadian prodigy to lead the Canadian NBA team do you make that move?

Love JV skys the limit and there isnt many Bigs in the league but realistically if Raps ever want Wiggins here its going to take JV in a deal to get him cause tanking isnt a good answer and waiting for his RFA in 5 years is a not a sure thing.

Comment

You know, in general I'd say yes, but I'm going to reserve my vote until Wiggins at least plays some college ball. Generally I don't expect him to be a bust, but the list of players who are touted as the next big thing who quickly fall to being pretty ordinary is pretty long. Gotta at least see him play some college ball since JV has a very high ceiling and 2-way ability. If Wiggins is even an all-star wing, but not quite KD or LeBron good, it's a bad trade IMO.

Comment

In a heartbeat

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            Im saying its a league where you need a superstar wing player. If you are Ujiri and you really want this Canadian prodigy to lead the Canadian NBA team do you make that move?

Love JV skys the limit and there isnt many Bigs in the league but realistically if Raps ever want Wiggins here its going to take JV in a deal to get him cause tanking isnt a good answer and waiting for his RFA in 5 years is a not a sure thing.
            No team. Not a single team of any kind, would trade the #1 pick in that draft for anybody except LeBron James.

Why would anybody pass up the chance to draft the best wing prospect in a decade? I love JV too, but as much as it's fun to speculate, if any team is considering taking JV instead of drafting Wiggins, that's like a dead giveaway that the Raps should hang onto JV like their lives depend on it. That he will have showed the ability to maybe be the best big in the game, since that's basically what people are hoping for from Wiggins at the wing.

Comment

JV is a what 21? say he plays incredible and is legitimate yes a team would certainly think about it. Not saying its likely but this entire thread is basically a big what if and would you do it?

Thing is though JV if not moved will likely be a Raptor for life, Wiggins could move on his own if things go south in Raptorland lots of players dont want t to play for their hometown lots of pressure.

Comment

JV is a what 21? say he plays incredible and is legitimate yes a team would certainly think about it. Not saying its likely but this entire thread is basically a big what if and would you do it?

Thing is though JV if not moved will likely be a Raptor for life, Wiggins could move on his own if things go south in Raptorland lots of players dont want t to play for their hometown lots of pressure.
                What I'm saying is that realistically, there is no chance the team who gets the #1 pick next year trades it. The only teams that would are Miami and OKC, because they could afford to pass up on Wiggins. And that if JV becomes such an obviously good player that it is somewhat realistic at least to speculate about the possibility, it'd still be crazy to pull the deal, because it would mean the team trading Wiggins thinks JV will be a better player than the best wing prospect in 10 years. Then it would be a complete boneheaded move to trade JV. THat's what I'm saying.

I know this was supposed to be for fun, but the word realistically should stay out of any argument about whether next year's #1 pick will be traded. Realistically, any GM who does that is getting fired, tarred, feathered, shot, stoned, burned and finally shot into the sun.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  You know, in general I'd say yes, but I'm going to reserve my vote until Wiggins at least plays some college ball. Generally I don't expect him to be a bust, but the list of players who are touted as the next big thing who quickly fall to being pretty ordinary is pretty long. Gotta at least see him play some college ball since JV has a very high ceiling and 2-way ability. If Wiggins is even an all-star wing, but not quite KD or LeBron good, it's a bad trade IMO.
                  Gotta see him in college. I love to think he is the next coming of LeBron, but he might be the next coming of PJIII.

Comment

Would you trade JV straight up for Andrew Wiggins? Just curious to know what everyone's opinion would be on this?
                    I would not think twice....about saying no to that
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Yes
                      #BringBackUzoh

Comment

Sometimes funny things happen between high school, college and the pros....hormonal or otherwise. Wiggins seems like a well balanced kid and has great potential/pedigree but will this keep up as his competition gets stronger? JV has already proven his at certain levels so far. Lets see what W does in college first...at least. Lebron used to have major outlet camera crews following him in hs. There were rumors that BC was offered Tony Parker for JV at the draft. If true the Spurs, a great org. at sniffing out talent thought highly of him.

Comment

yes
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Naw dawg, you keep the guy that teams would trade the #1 for. However I don't think anyone would make that trade with us anyways lol
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Is this a serious question?

Yes i would trade JV for Wiggy. IN A HEARTBEAT.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X