Nobody Shoot Me...BUT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bandwagon fan is the dumbest term in sports

Oh you enjoy watching a team now that their style of play is fun and because they include great players?? The hell is wrong with you, you should arbitrarily pick a team and stick with it forever because that's the code of sports!!

Cheer for your home team cause you're patriotic and cheer for anyone else who plays the way you like/respect/etc.

Comment

Oh, and I never actually answered the thread ... "Bosh back in TO?" ...

Stop trolling, thead.

I should move this to the 'Trash Bin', and you know it. HAH

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
        Bandwagon fan is the dumbest term in sports

Oh you enjoy watching a team now that their style of play is fun and because they include great players?? The hell is wrong with you, you should arbitrarily pick a team and stick with it forever because that's the code of sports!!

Cheer for your home team cause you're patriotic and cheer for anyone else who plays the way you like/respect/etc.
        When I cheered for the Pistons and now in the finals for the Spurs, it's only because I really liked those teams. Think you can call that bandwagon as well.

I'm probably a bandwagon fan of the Raptors as well. The problem is that the wagon is always derailing and the band is always playing off key.

Comment

Bosh can fuck right off to the Land Before Time where he belongs
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I agree Danny Green was fouled. Bosh didn't look shocked though.

I'm pretty certain that would be a foul at another other moment of any game regardless of who is blocking the shot on either team.

I don't feel sorry for the Spurs though because they fucked the dog so hard on the last few possessions of the last two games. Miami deserved to win, they were clearly the better team.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
              I agree Danny Green was fouled. Bosh didn't look shocked though.

I'm pretty certain that would be a foul at another other moment of any game regardless of who is blocking the shot on either team.

I don't feel sorry for the Spurs though because they fucked the dog so hard on the last few possessions of the last two games. Miami deserved to win, they were clearly the better team.
              If Ray Allen misses that three, the Spurs were clearly the better team...

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                If Ray Allen misses that three, the Spurs were clearly the better team...
                Yeah pretty much... but the shot went in lol And then they won again.

Comment

LC009 wrote: View Post
                  Do you mean the play where Ginobilli traveled, then got stripped, and then generated contact after he lost the ball? They didn't call incidental, post-strip contact on Green against Lebron the previous play (or a couple of plays before, can't remember), so why would they call it at the other end? That's just consistent officiating.

Also, upon seeing the Phantom camera replays, it appears that Danny Green traveled on that 3-point attempt, on top of the Splitter moving screen.

And yes, I am a (bandwagon) Heat fan, in addition to being a Raptors fan. If you think those two are irreconcilable, think about how much frustration being a Raptors fan has caused in the last few years (at least), versus how much joy being a Miami fan brings. I don't owe ANY loyalty to these teams, especially when I'm not even in/from Toronto. I watch sports to enjoy myself and to hang out with friends who are also into the sport. I think people who use "bandwagon fan" as a derogatory term are just jaded that their team keeps causing them frustration, while some of us don't feel tied down to crappy teams (although I do really like the Raps, but I've learned to not care when they suck).

I cannot recall using the "bandwagon" term. But since you bring it up and have detailed your emotional attachment I will just note that you do not fit the typical profile of most visitors to the site (at least those who bother to comment). That said I dont understand your need to explain in any case.

Re the substance of my post and the point that may have eluded you is that the games were played in Miami and the 2 plays I mentioned if they occurred in San Antonio might well have been whistled as fouls. This is part of the NBA reffing modus operandi and one I dislike including just not calling fouls in the last seconds no matter the team. During the season the more established/good team tends to get the calls.

As an uninterested observer with no real horse in the race such details may not be of interest to you but then there are others more orthodox in their thinking about the game or have a definite preference.

San Antonio lost that series as a team. Miami won it because of Lebron. I suppose you shall change teams when Lebron moves on? Enjoy.

Comment

Bosh is a punching bag for a lot of fans and the media it seems but I'm pretty sure he's valued highly in Miami. He's not really the disaster there that we all love to let on - they just won their second straight title and are coming off one of the better seasons in NBA history after all. I don't think he's getting moved. Miami only has one more guaranteed season of Lebron and Wade is in the back nine of his career; they aren't going to trade Bosh for a rookie especially when so much of this year's draft appear to be projects.

And that's the other part of why I can't see this happening. The Heat also have to be mindful of creating the most appealing situation for LBJ to stay with when he can opt out next summer. You really think that them trading Bosh for Alex Len or whoever is going to make him want to re-commit?

Comment

Please dont bring up the Game 6 omg.... Spurs were robbed.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                        Miami may be shopping Chris Bosh.

Who?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                          When I cheered for the Pistons and now in the finals for the Spurs, it's only because I really liked those teams. Think you can call that bandwagon as well.

I'm probably a bandwagon fan of the Raptors as well. The problem is that the wagon is always derailing and the band is always playing off key.
                          Brilliant!

The block itself is as clean as it gets. He practically rolled his hand over 2/3 of the ball. There is a lot of contact on the body, but Green is moving towards the baseline and fading away so it's difficult to assess how much impact bosh's contact is making on his ability to shot. I've watched that block over and over again, (being in Africa I have to download the games after the fact) and I think that it's a good no call.

Even if it IS called a foul, Green has to hit all three (3) foul shots just to send the game into double OT, and who knows what happens there.

I didn't watch any of the post game press conferences, but I did read a lot of articles and I didn't read anyone mentioning that anyone from the Spurs organisation complaining that it was a foul. And sure as sh!t Pop's putting that lose at the feet of himself and his players, NOT the refs. This probably was the best officiated finals in the last 8+ years in terms of NOT being decided by officials. Yes, there were some missed/bad calls, but they happened to both teams. I was cheering for the spurs and I was (and still am) a little heartbroken about it (I'm ashamed to admit it, I laughed-cried, about 6 times while reading post game articles). But that was an amazing series that was decided by the players, not the officials, and to say anything else, takes away from the amazing efforts of both teams.

NOW, back to the opening thread. I would have NO problem with the theory of bringing Bosh back. Yes I was bitter about the way he left, but he didn't burn us the way Lebron burned Cleveland. Bosh is a GREAT player. Not just good, GREAT (and I don't mean, all time greats, just great compared to the rest of active players). We like to SHIT on him here at RR because he's a traitor and he looks and acts awkward. But he's a BETTER player now, than when he left. He's taken a smaller roll to win championships.

Is there anyone on this forum who would argue that a line up of

Lowry
                          Derozan
                          Gay
                          Bosh
                          JV
                          Amir (bench)
                          Wouldn't get out of the first round and have a realistic shot at getting to the conference finals, if they got a favourable match up? Compare the talent of that team to the talent of NYK. Player for Player I think we win or draw pretty much all those match-ups. Could we beat either Indy or Miami in the conference finals? Doubtful. Maybe my standards are lower the rest of the people here, but for me playing in a conference finals is about the best you can expect unless you magically get a top 10 player, and even then it isn't guaranteed (just ask the Mavs, Lakers, Clippers, OKC).

Now the big questions is who would we have to give up to get Bosh? I would be happy to pull the trigger on a deal centered around Derozan and probably even Gay, Although I'm not sure how that works for Miami, as they already have a lot of wing players. And Derozan is a poor poor man's version of Wade (although if Wade is injured, current Derozan is better than current Wade) and Gay isn't even a poor poor poor man's version of Lebron.

If Miami is calling us, I would definitely pick up the phone (I wouldn't be calling them though). I don't really see a way of doing any trades though. Miami probably wants too much for him, which would mean we wouldn't be a lock to get out of the first round, and are back to were we were when we had him the first time (maybe a little ahead talent wise, but not much) and that's without looking at the tax implications.

If Miami is serious about trading him they should probably look at teams that have an abundance of big men (something we don't) I'm thinking the Jazz, Detriot, or Sac-town.

Ultimately, I don't see bosh going ANYWHERE.
                          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Imo a line up of

Lowry
                            DeRozan
                            Gay
                            Bosh
                            JV

would be a threat for Eastern conference final... who really in the East can handle that besides Miami? and arguably JV and Bosh could eat them up in the paint. How isnt that a competitor?

Comment

Lets be realistic, not optimistic.
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Back to back championships, I doubt Bosh is going anywhere. I'm sure they will see what he is worth on the market though.

In response to OP, *click click* *BANG!*

Comment

Working...
                                X