Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't we going hard in the paint for Eric Bledsoe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *moonwalks across thread*
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Lets say ab/dd turns in to Bledsoe and butler.

What would you think if they turn around and send Lowry/butler/2014 pick top 3 protected to Philly for evan turner and Thaddeus young?
      You couldn't pry a 2014 pick from my cold, dead hands
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I never mentioned their basketball IQ i mentioned Bledsoe's. You see him as a guy running the offence? He is a better Nate Robinson. Streaky guy who is a good defender but doesn't seem to be the guy to run a team. I can't understand why you move a starting backcourt for Bledsoe.

Comment

• toebeesaw wrote: View Post
          I never mentioned their basketball IQ i mentioned Bledsoe's. You see him as a guy running the offence? He is a better Nate Robinson. Streaky guy who is a good defender but doesn't seem to be the guy to run a team. I can't understand why you move a starting backcourt for Bledsoe.
          How many Clippers game have you watched this year?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• True Bledsoe?

Could it be that Ujiri's first move as GM could be to trade two pillars of the BC era?

DeRozan and Bargs for Bledsoe and the salary-matching fodder of Caron Butler and Willie Green?

The ESPN Trade Machine says it's possible: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=poeuxyz

I like it. I don't care that Bledsoe's detractors point to his deficiencies as a "true" pass-first point guard - his physicality alone is an absolute force to be reckoned with. Bring it on I say.

Jetison Rudy Gay as well though, right? I mean, because this would be as much about shedding our skin of mediocrity - rubbing against the rocks and hard places that come with the territory on the way to a re-birth. Shed those three contracts and you're looking at a 2013 Ferry-like tear-down.

That's right. I'm talking about a season of wrecklessly experimental, youth-serving, run-and-gun play with a healthy dose of determination on defense and transition and 3's on offense. Speaking of threes, it's Terrence Ross time. Can he hang? Let's find out. Let's also see if Acy can be the first big off the bench in this high-octane, small-ball world we live in. Obviously the starting power-forward spot is for Amir, and it's time to usher in a from-the-frying-pan-into-the-fire development of Jonas. He's ready for that kind of challenge - it's not like he'll be facing the bloodbaths of the 90's.

As for that elephant in the room, yeah, sure let's sacrifice the standings. It's not just Wiggins waiting in the wings, after all. The 2014 draft is rife with springs of hope not seen since '03...remember that? The Raps are due for a good draft, aren't they? I mean geez, there's got to be some positive result to come from suffering through Oakley's behind-the-back passes in crunch time, bad coaching, fake superstars, bloated contracts, Jamarion Moon, the disappearance of Keon, Garbo's leg, and so on ad nauseum, right?

Which is to say, I'd settle for a team that is losing but not from lack of teeth-gritting effort. Diving for loose balls. Youthful exuberance causing turnovers. "Players fouling out, sir"? "Why, yes, good chap"! I want to cheer for a team lacking even ONE ambivalent, sad-sack, shell of a ball player. Nice guys? Sure, if they're also capable of accidental man-slaughter when they take it to the rim or attempted suicide when trying to draw a charge.

I'm sick of delusional fans, I'm sick of BEING one, what with my blind faith and optimistic outlook. Tear it down I say!

May it rise like a Phoenix from the ashes. Tony Dumas style - for those who know.

Go Raps.

Comment

• Interesting...
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Bledsoe is known for his great defense, from the games I watched of him (few) he fit that description very well.

He scores at a high percentage (45%), and hits almost 40% of his 3point shots! Add to that he rebounds well, he is a younger and better Kyle Lowry (24).

I like this three way trade with philly (probably getting a pick from us):

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nkf99aq

Raptors then sign Gal Mekel

Bledsoe/Mekel
                Turner/Ross
                Gay/Fields/Acy
                Hawes/Amir/Acy
                Val/Amir

Defensively and offensively this team is potent!

*EDIT* To make the deal maybe more palatable for the rebuilding 76ers, perhaps Thad Young instead of Turner (same contract, but 2 years longer). In that way, most of Phillys contracts become expiring next summer and off the books 2 summers from now, which is perfect for trading.
                Last edited by enlightenment; Sat Jun 29, 2013, 11:28 PM.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  How many Clippers game have you watched this year?
                  Enough! I live in the west coast & they had a few National games. Also watched them in the playoffs. What is your point?
                  I'm not trying to be an ass. I think that Bledsoe and fillers do not improve this team even if you subtract Bargs. There is more to Basketball then physical physique and talent. If that was the case Lebron should have 10 rings. You have to put it together and I think I've seen his ceiling on a 56 win team that looked bad in the playoffs. Maybe Del Negro didn't use him right but same could be said for Casey and Demar or Lowry.
                  Last edited by toebeesaw; Sat Jun 29, 2013, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post

Interesting...
                    If Masai can trade Bargs for Bledsoe LMAO greatest GM ever KEEP DEMAR IN TORONTO!

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      If Masai can trade Bargs for Bledsoe LMAO greatest GM ever KEEP DEMAR IN TORONTO!
                      Oh please Oh please Oh please.

Comment

• Wait hold on, the clips want Bargs but NOT Demar!
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Replacing DeMar for Evan Turner is just stupid .
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            Wait hold on, the clips want Bargs but NOT Demar!
                            According to Mark Stein, yes. He's up there with Woj in terms of respect around the media, so I believe him.

Insane.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Bledsoe is known for his great defense, from the games I watched of him (few) he fit that description very well.

He scores at a high percentage (45%), and hits almost 40% of his 3point shots! Add to that he rebounds well, he is a younger and better Kyle Lowry (24).

I like this three way trade with philly (probably getting a pick from us):

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nkf99aq

Raptors then sign Gal Mekel

Bledsoe/Mekel
                              Turner/Ross
                              Gay/Fields/Acy
                              Hawes/Amir/Acy
                              Val/Amir

Defensively and offensively this team is potent!

*EDIT* To make the deal maybe more palatable for the rebuilding 76ers, perhaps Thad Young instead of Turner (same contract, but 2 years longer). In that way, most of Phillys contracts become expiring next summer and off the books 2 summers from now, which is perfect for trading.
                              I honestly don't see that line up being better than our current line up.

However if we do this trade:

To raptors: bledsoe, afflalo, butler
                              To clippers: bargnani and derozan
                              To magic: lowry

Then amnesty kleiza and sign mekel this our depth chart now:

Bledsoe/mekel
                              Afflalo/ross
                              Gay/butler
                              Amir/Acy
                              JV/gray

If we use our MLE to pick up a quality big to add depth to our 4 and 5 position we are in good shape. We improved our defense (afflalo>derozan) we improved our 3 pt shooting (afflalo>derozan) and since we took back butlers expiring deal and afflalo has 3 years on his deal and is cheaper than dd we improved financial flexibility too.
                              "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Replacing DeMar for Evan Turner is just stupid .
                                Evan Turner is a pretty good addition, and some would argue he fits better next to Gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X