Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't we going hard in the paint for Eric Bledsoe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all these Bledsoe talks i find it funny that a few months ago i listed a list of PG's that are better than Lowry. Bledsoe is on that list. I remember some of the response that i got LOL. Now you all want him??

If the Raps get Bledsoe for DeRozan. They gotta do something with Lowry(trade). Lowry's ego is too big to be Bledsoe's backup.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Just to be clear I'm all in for DeRozan to Clips for Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe

Butler will make an excellent trade chip at 8 million expiring...we get to shed DeRozan's overpaid deal. If we can somehow toss Bargnani in the mix as the article indicates we are laughing.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Not sure why Bledsoe is such a hot commodity.. but if the Raps are pursuing him then that means Lowry is going to be dangled as well. I just can't see a situation where both Lowry and Bledsoe would be on the roster at the same time.

DeMar in LAC makes a lot of sense though.. he's from there, Doc was high on him last year, and they need a SG.

Comment

ESPN has an article up:
          http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...geles-clippers

The Toronto Raptors have joined the Orlando Magic at the head of the list of known suitors for Los Angeles Clippers guard Eric Bledsoe, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that the talks between the Raptors and Clippers are still in the exploratory stage, but the Raptors' interest in L.A.'s prized young point guard is said to be significant.

The Raptors have been openly shopping forward Andrea Bargnani for months and would try, sources say, to include Bargnani in any deal for Bledsoe, which wouldn't necessarily dissuade the Clippers, given their longstanding need for a big man who can stretch the floor. But sources add that Toronto guard DeMar DeRozan is the Raptor most likely to tempt the Clippers, which falls in line with L.A.'s interest in Arron Afflalo in their Bledsoe talks with Orlando.

Some rival executives believe that the Raptors are prepared to part with DeRozan -- recipient of a $40 million contract extension last October -- in the wake of Rudy Gay's arrival and the front-office change that ushered out Bryan Colangelo (who authorized DeRozan's new deal) and ushered in Masai Ujiri.

Comment

if the deal included Bargnani then Clips would need to throw in Caron Butler and Jamal Crawford, a pick and cash

the deal works better without Bargnani DeRozan/Acy for Bledsoe/Butler
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              huh... we talk A LOT about trading DeMar on this forum... but I would be surprised if it happened, simply because Masai spoke of young players, with hard worth ethics that really want to play hard for the raptors (that's basically DeMar) ... if he is out I wonder if a blow up is on the horizon or this is just a ushering in of Ross as our starting 2

Comment

if we can package DeRozan and Bargnani we suddenly open up a tonne of flexibility

Both Caron Butler and Jamaal Crawford would be shipped to contenders OR teams looking to shed salaries by the trade deadline

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
                  huh... we talk A LOT about trading DeMar on this forum... but I would be surprised if it happened, simply because Masai spoke of young players, with hard worth ethics that really want to play hard for the raptors (that's basically DeMar) ... if he is out I wonder if a blow up is on the horizon or this is just a ushering in of Ross as our starting 2
                  Bledsoe is 23 years old.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Bledsoe is 23 years old.
                    And Derozan is overpaid. Masai likes young, cheap talent

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      Bledsoe is 23 years old.
                      lol touche hahahaha. I suppose I didn't look at it for the perspective of what's coming in. To be honest I don't know much about Bledsoe -- but a glance at a stat sheet looks like he's an undersized PG, not great assist avg but decent stats as a starter. He doesn't stretch the floor by looking at his 3pt efficiency but has improved his FTs over time.

Not sure if he is a better player than DD or Lowry (who I assume he would replace) but if we could get a draft pick I would do it. Plus, hopefully he would get a smaller contract than DD.

Comment

I'll be very impressed with Masai if he can get this deal done, even if Barg isn't included

Comment

Dumps bargnani and creates flexibility? Sign me up.

For those who prayed for Calderon versus Lowry will likely be up in arms.

Comment

This is the first time I've actually heard a rumour that DeRozan could be made available. Even if the Raps don't get Bledsoe, I find that very interesting.

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
                              lol touche hahahaha. I suppose I didn't look at it for the perspective of what's coming in. To be honest I don't know much about Bledsoe -- but a glance at a stat sheet looks like he's an undersized PG, not great assist avg but decent stats as a starter. He doesn't stretch the floor by looking at his 3pt efficiency but has improved his FTs over time.

Not sure if he is a better player than DD or Lowry (who I assume he would replace) but if we could get a draft pick I would do it. Plus, hopefully he would get a smaller contract than DD.
                              6'3. Very athletic and strong PG. Likes to attack the basket like Westbrook and Rose.

Nickname: Mini LeBron.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Why not DeMar and Bargs for Bledsoe and Butler straight up?

Comment

Working...
                                X