Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derozan Article

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...get-defensive/

Thought this was interesting. I'm always a huge Demar fan even though i know he needs to work on his game. I can't understand why anyone wants this guy traded. Yes i see a small "duplication" of talent between gay and Demar but let them work it out because i know they will. Demar's a loyal guy on a decent contract (could be a great contract if he turns into the all star he has the potential of being.) He's a hard worker and a great teammate. Not to mention he loves T.O

Ill just never understand why everyone wants him gone so badly...

Saw this earlier. Great article.
    Some interesting bits in there..
    Ed Davis is the Godfather of Demars new baby girl ... that's awesome!

Comment

Still love Ed as well. Wish when his contract up we could get him back.

Comment

Thanks for the link. Interesting read. Demar definitely has a very personable persona.

Comment

Was just about to put this up in a thread, glad I saw this lol
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Going to be an Ujiri favorite.

Comment

Nobody wants to trade Demar because of his work habits or attitude. Good lord.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If DeMar can hit some set 3s its going to be really hard to move the kid, cause now all arguments will be void.

Comment

I think every one of us would be more than over joyed if Demar came in next year bombing threes and shutting guys down on defence lol

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    If DeMar can hit some set 3s its going to be really hard to move the kid, cause now all arguments will be void.
                    Kid? dude he's older than us...

Comment

Demar is used as an example of the rational teams use when the "over-pay" a restricted free agent. From Zach Lowe's free agency piece. Zach is BY FAR my favourite basketball blogger (sorry RR writers, as a group you come in as a close second).

Here's the LINK

5. Is restricted free agency immune to all of this?

As usual, some of the juiciest names on the free-agent list are restricted free agents: Brandon Jennings, Teague, and Nikola Pekovic. And on the next tier down, Gerald Henderson, Tyreke Evans, and Chase Budinger all carry some intrigue. Restricted free agency is just a different animal. Most players are young and coming off rookie deals, meaning they have upside yet to realize. Teams have much firmer ownership of these players since they can match any competing offer for them. And when teams have ownership of something, they are loath to let it go for nothing — even if they don't really want a particular player at a particular price. The Raptors, for instance, may not have viewed DeMar DeRozan as a $9 million player, but if they were confident he could grow into a $7 million player, they had to ask themselves: Is that $2 million worth letting this asset go for nothing? What might we do with that extra $2 million down the road?
                      Interesting rational. I don't think Demar is TERRIBLY overpaid but he is overpaid. Most people who are fine with him being traded (me) only want him traded because we believe that the NBA is going to force GMs to get smarter, and that overpaying is much more costly to team building then it once was. If you factor out the rules of the CBA I have ZERO problem with Derozan's contract. But, yeah, because of his contract, his limitations on defense and 3pt shooting I'd be willing to entertain calls for him.

He's got about 1 year left to vastly improve his game, or you have to start saying he is what he is. Love his work ethic, but he HAS to be able to shot 3s. OR become a LOCKDOWN defender. Hopefully both. But at this point I'm doubtful, which is why I would entertain calls from other GMs about his availability.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                        http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...get-defensive/

Thought this was interesting. I'm always a huge Demar fan even though i know he needs to work on his game. I can't understand why anyone wants this guy traded. Yes i see a small "duplication" of talent between gay and Demar but let them work it out because i know they will. Demar's a loyal guy on a decent contract (could be a great contract if he turns into the all star he has the potential of being.) He's a hard worker and a great teammate. Not to mention he loves T.O

Ill just never understand why everyone wants him gone so badly...
                        That is not a small duplication. They have very similar skill sets and both struggle with the 3 point shot. If they could shoot the 3, the duplication wouldn't matter because they could create space for each other, but as it is, neither can create space but both need space to operate. I like Demar, but if he can't develop his 3 point shot, then one of them (or both) have to go. I'd personally trade Gay first (financially its the better decision) and hope Demar can develop the 3.

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Kid? dude he's older than us...
                        Demar is only 23, that is definitely a kid. If you're younger than that, then you're also a kid.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I don't think we can say Rudy "struggles" from three, he shoots 34% and averages at least one three a game. He's not the best but I don't think he is struggling.

Comment

Just really want to see what Rudy and DeMar do next eseason.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                              Demar is used as an example of the rational teams use when the "over-pay" a restricted free agent. From Zach Lowe's free agency piece. Zach is BY FAR my favourite basketball blogger (sorry RR writers, as a group you come in as a close second).

Here's the LINK

Interesting rational. I don't think Demar is TERRIBLY overpaid but he is overpaid. Most people who are fine with him being traded (me) only want him traded because we believe that the NBA is going to force GMs to get smarter, and that overpaying is much more costly to team building then it once was. If you factor out the rules of the CBA I have ZERO problem with Derozan's contract. But, yeah, because of his contract, his limitations on defense and 3pt shooting I'd be willing to entertain calls for him.

He's got about 1 year left to vastly improve his game, or you have to start saying he is what he is. Love his work ethic, but he HAS to be able to shot 3s. OR become a LOCKDOWN defender. Hopefully both. But at this point I'm doubtful, which is why I would entertain calls from other GMs about his availability.
                              i always look at him different than that and while a 3point shot would be nice i would really like to see him operate if he had a left hand! he is so rt handed they cheat on him so he gets funneled into help and ends up with the contested pull up jumper a lot more than he should. the few times he does go left he seems to end up with clean looks or an open path a good portion of the time so i don't know why they don't push that harder in his development. if it was me i'd have his rt arm tied down for the summer ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X