No announcement yet.

Derozan Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is not a small duplication. They have very similar skill sets and both struggle with the 3 point shot. If they could shoot the 3, the duplication wouldn't matter because they could create space for each other, but as it is, neither can create space but both need space to operate. I like Demar, but if he can't develop his 3 point shot, then one of them (or both) have to go. I'd personally trade Gay first (financially its the better decision) and hope Demar can develop the 3.
    I agree if one was to be traded it would be Rudy but i want to see what they can do together with a training camp and also with a summer of knowing what they need to improve on to help THIS team. Obviously demar has worked on his shot every summer but this year its obvious he needs to work on his 3 point shot for the team offence to be more effective. I believe they can co-exist they just need some time. I will reserve my opinion of how good they can be or will be until i see them maybe mid season before trade deadline. Before that point it would be a shame to trade them without a SIGNIFICANT return.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jun 26, 2013, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      That is not a small duplication. They have very similar skill sets and both struggle with the 3 point shot. If they could shoot the 3, the duplication wouldn't matter because they could create space for each other, but as it is, neither can create space but both need space to operate. I like Demar, but if he can't develop his 3 point shot, then one of them (or both) have to go. I'd personally trade Gay first (financially its the better decision) and hope Demar can develop the 3.

Demar is only 23, that is definitely a kid. If you're younger than that, then you're also a kid.
      Yes i know. But Raps4life is like 17 and so am i lol

Comment

I never notices Rapstor4Life spelled his name wrong lol was that a mistake?
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          I'm 16. I beat all of you.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
            I never notices Rapstor4Life spelled his name wrong lol was that a mistake?
            Lol well its supposed to be Raptors.Toronto.4.Life thus short form Rapstor

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              isaacthompson wrote: View Post
              I'm 16. I beat all of you.
              Well don't I just feel old now....
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                Well don't I just feel old now....
                hehehe

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                  Here we go with more of this nonsense about Derozan being a potential all-star. He is what he will always be. If he was going to be anything more, he would have shown it long before now. He's a back-end rotation player on a successful team.
                  A bit harsh.

Average starter.... Even on a good team

Dude is just average getting paid anything but next year.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                    Here we go with more of this nonsense about Derozan being a potential all-star. He is what he will always be. If he was going to be anything more, he would have shown it long before now. He's a back-end rotation player on a successful team.
                    I and a lot of others would completely disagree with you.

Comment

I and a lot of others would completely disagree with you.
                      There are a lot of others who would agree and even more who agree on some level (like myself).

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        There are a lot of others who would agree and even more who agree on some level (like myself).
                        "On some level" maybe but Brandon was basically saying DD is garbage. Which isn't true.

Comment

"On some level" maybe but Brandon was basically saying DD is garbage. Which isn't true.
                          Brandon wrote:
                          He's fungible, which means one is as good as another. Nothing special. He doesn't enhance their chances of winning a lot of games, he occupies space.
                          I don't think Brandon has said anything insulting. Based on his career thus far, I think he is likely spot on. Lets see what he does next season before anointing him anything more than he has shown.

He is an average starter at best and an above average player when looking at the entire league.

That is not an insult, in my opinion. In my opinion, it is the truth.

Comment

Brandon said "He's a back end rotation player on a successful team" meaning he's less than average and not a stater. To me that's an insult. Matt, you're saying he's an average starter which Brandon says he is not.

Comment

I agree more with you Matt but what Brandon said is not the same thing as what you said.

Comment

Brandon said "He's a back end rotation player on a successful team" meaning he's less than average and not a stater. To me that's an insult. Matt, you're saying he's an average starter which Brandon says he is not.
                                400+ players in the league.

150 start.

Good teams tend to have depth.

Most rotations 8-9 deep = 240-270.

OK. You are right. Brandon is a little harsh here.

But this is spot on unless DD becomes a dramatic exception:
                                ...nonsense about Derozan being a potential all-star. He is what he will always be. If he was going to be anything more, he would have shown it long before now....
                                Many guys have become great after 23 years of age and 4 years in the league. But how many have averaged 35-37mpg for 3 years missing only 3 games in that span?

And despite his not so flattering view on DeRozan, in my opinion he is not
                                ...basically saying DD is garbage.
                                I do respect your opinion though.

Comment

Working...
                                X