Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ujiri Expressing Interest In Maccabi PG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It shouldn't take much to secure a second round pick for the Raptors. Something like a future second rounder might do it. Siva and Kabongo are projected mid to late second round. Isaiah Canaan is projected as a late first rounder, early second.

Comment

We have a good track record with older rookies.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Celtics are going into full rebuild... I think they should have waited till the next season though trading all these assets for this years draft is kind of... drastic. Lots of teams are trading the top 20 picks this draft is about as exciting as a bobcats vs Orlando game it seems. Bargnani as garbage as he is may be worth a middle road teams 1st round pick to grab a Schroeder a Larkin or whatever bottom line is if you can move Bargs for even a 2nd rounder that can net a young talent like Kabongo I'll say its a great trade and Rps can finally begin this new era.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          Celtics are going into full rebuild... I think they should have waited till the next season though trading all these assets for this years draft is kind of... drastic. Lots of teams are trading the top 20 picks this draft is about as exciting as a bobcats vs Orlando game it seems. Bargnani as garbage as he is may be worth a middle road teams 1st round pick to grab a Schroeder a Larkin or whatever bottom line is if you can move Bargs for even a 2nd rounder that can net a young talent like Kabongo I'll say its a great trade and Rps can finally begin this new era.
          If there was no CBa maybe barga returns something like that but you have to send out unless you have cap space.... And then why would you give up a pick and the cap space?

Comment

Ujiri Expressing Interest In Maccabi PG?

Point guard Gal Mekel, fresh off leading little Maccabi Haifa to an upset of Euroleague Final Four regular Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv for the Israeli championship earlier this month, appears to be inching closer to an NBA roster for next season.

Mekel had an eye-opening workout last week with the Milwaukee Bucks, according to sources close to the situation, and will audition Monday for the Dallas Mavericks. Sources told ESPN.com that the Toronto Raptors, meanwhile, are the latest team to express interest in Mekel, who has made major progress since his days at Wichita State from 2006-2008 and increasingly appeals to NBA teams thanks to his size, ability to read the game and, most of all, his pick-and-roll proficiency.
            The success of Pablo Prigioni's jump directly from Europe to the NBA with New York at age 35 has spawned the belief that Mekel, just 25, can do the same. Coached by former Philadelphia 76ers general manager Brad Greenberg with Haifa this past season, Mekel has likewise begun to convince to NBA talent evaluators that he can immediately become a rotation player in the NBA, someone who, at 6-foot-4 and 190 pounds might actually be more effective in the NBA game than he is internationally -- particularly in pick-and-roll situations -- because the lane tends to be so much more clogged overseas.

Mekel was named MVP in Israel for the 2012-13 season after Haifa toppled Maccabi Tel Aviv for the Israeli Super League championship. It's his second MVP trophy in four pro seasons in Israel; Mekel also spent an injury-plagued season in Benetton Treviso in Italy in 2011-12.
            Source: ESPN

Maybe he's Ujiri's "Anthony Parker"; a talented relatively unknown who enters the scene and injects some life in various parts of the team?

Comment

Maybe he's Ujiri's "Anthony Parker"; a talented relatively unknown who enters the scene and injects some life in various parts of the team?

Parker was also MVP over there.

Comment

Sounds like Dallas are signing him
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I hear he has a great sense of humor some call it akin to Bargnani's hilarity.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN_KJ6NXxSA

Comment

It's being reported that Mekel has agreed to a contract with Dallas. But there is other news connected:

@espn_macmahon: Mekel's commitment to Mavs makes it's very likely Nick Calathes' rights will be traded. Donnie Nelson has hinted at that

Looks like Matt52's hope that Calathes's rights would be made available is coming to fruition. I'll be interested to see which teams pursue him and what he gets
                      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                        It's being reported that Mekel has agreed to a contract with Dallas. But there is other news connected:

@espn_macmahon: Mekel's commitment to Mavs makes it's very likely Nick Calathes' rights will be traded. Donnie Nelson has hinted at that

Looks like Matt52's hope that Calathes's rights would be made available is coming to fruition. I'll be interested to see which teams pursue him and what he gets
                        First thing I thought of when I read the mavs deal.

Comment

I'd like to pick of Calathes
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            I'd like to pick of Calathes
                            Sorry for bumping this thread.. but it looks like Calathes' rights are moving to Memphis (via a trade for a future pick):
                            http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...hes-to-memphis

Comment

Well, that's the end of that then.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X