Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Draft Day Everyone! Big changes coming? What do you want to see happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The shift to a new team and 7 secs or less combined with already stellar percentages makes it different circumstances. If he went from 23% to 43% I'd be all over it. Nash already had talent and skills.

Definitely is great example of turning it up a n
    Turning it up a notch.

iPhone is not allowing justice to reply.

Comment

The shift to a new team and 7 secs or less combined with already stellar percentages makes it different circumstances. If he went from 23% to 43% I'd be all over it. Nash already had talent and skills.

Definitely is great example of turning it up a n
      again, not saying DD = Nash, but a 5% improvement in FG% would bring DD to .475. And if he improved his Rb the way Nash improved his assists, he could be grabbing 5.1 or so.

One can always dream.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
        That's pretty finite criteria, so I'm not surprised nobody has even spent the time trying to find an example, but just using one of the above comparisons, Joe Johnson at 23 and 3 years experience, vs DD at 23 and 4 years experience (though lockout year makes it more like 3.5 at best):
        FG% - JJ 43%, DD 44.5%
        3P% - JJ 30.5%, DD 28.3%
        FT% - JJ 75%, DD 83%

Not much to choose between those numbers. JJ played 40+ minutes that year, with Nash feeding him cherries. Comparing rebounds and assists per 36 minutes, JJ had a mere 0.4 rebounds more, and 1.5 assists more. 3 years later, JJ began his 5 year run of All-Star games.
        The season after that JJ sky rocketed to 47% from 3-point territory. That's fucking oodles more than we even need Derozan improve to make this team better.

There's no reason to think he can't become a threat from behind the arc.
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          The season after that JJ sky rocketed to 47% from 3-point territory. That's fucking oodles more than we even need Derozan improve to make this team better.

There's no reason to think he can't become a threat from behind the arc.
          You seem to ignore JJ shot 36% for a couple seasons before the jump.

Dd is nowhere near that ability.

Comment

• I'm not sure any convincing can be done based on past history or even on the merits of hardwork. This is just something that MU has to evaluate and make a decision on. What's great (for the 'against' side which I am also part of), is that Masai starts fresh. He will likely go through the same process as we would, from the objective side, by looking at past history, and by looking at career trajectory. The side that say "b-b-but he works really really hard" is hopefully non-existent because MU is not the one who signed him to that atrocious deal, nor the guy who drafted him.

To me it's a no-brainer that if you can find someone to take DeRozan and will give you in return something of value, then you do it.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
              ...What's great ...is that Masai starts fresh. He will likely go through the same process as we would, from the objective side, by looking at past history, and by looking at career trajectory.....
              The evidence to this point is that Masai is perfectly capable of objectively evaluating talent, both in the front office and on the floor. Go get 'em Masai. I'm just going to sit back and trust you for the next two years.

Comment

• Do you guys think the Bucks took Antewhatever to trade to us after july 10th?

the more i think about it the less i get why they picked him, and wasn't Ujiri supposedly trying HARD to get into position to get him?
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  Do you guys think the Bucks took Antewhatever to trade to us after july 10th?

the more i think about it the less i get why they picked him, and wasn't Ujiri supposedly trying HARD to get into position to get him?
                  I hope so.

All these efficient shooting guards getting paid much less than $9.5M is sickening.

LAC paying Dudley AND Redick $11M combined!

MIN paying Martin $7M!

Comment

• And Martin's still getting overpaid
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      And Martin's still getting overpaid
                      You think?

I think it is fair.

Comment

You think?

I think it is fair.
                        Nah, he doesn't do enough to warrant 7.5 mill. He's not even that great of a shooter anymore.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• put it this way, i'd WAY rather take Martell Webster's 22 million/4 year contract than Martin's contract. At least with Webster i know what to expect. 3 and D.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                            So he's the next Telfair?
                            Possibly, but you could say that for just about any HS prospect.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I hope so.

All these efficient shooting guards getting paid much less than $9.5M is sickening.

LAC paying Dudley AND Redick $11M combined!

MIN paying Martin $7M!
                              I have to say bravo to the Clippers for getting two high quality guys (good shooters, hard workers, great teammates) for barely more than BC gave DeRozan. Fantastic move by the Clippers!!

This has to give a glimmer of hope to Raptors fans. The Clippers went from the longest-standing-laughingstock in all of sports, to this. Come on MU!!!
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                The Clippers went from the longest-standing-laughingstock in all of sports, to this. Come on MU!!!
                                Unfortunately, the only thing responsible for the Clippers turn-around is Blake Griffin.

Comment

Working...
                                X