Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Draft Day Everyone! Big changes coming? What do you want to see happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    If we got Rondo I would throw up out of excitement
    Same. But if I was Boston and wanted to tank, the smart move would be to trade him for a 2014 pick

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      If we got Rondo I would throw up out of excitement
      No Chance, MU went on and on during press conference and interviews about bringing in ONLY high character guys, rondo has too much of a bad rep for him to be his first move.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        Well, Rondo wanted Rudy in Celtics uniform this past winter.
        I believe they are tight.

Did not believe the trade.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
          Same. But if I was Boston and wanted to tank, the smart move would be to trade him for a 2014 pick
          I don't think any trade the Raptors consider will net a 2014 lottery pick, if Chad Ford is to be believed... sorry I don't have access right now to post as a fancy Tweet capture ;-)

chadfordinsider Chad Ford
          What I know this morning: 3. Hardest asset to get rt now is a '14 lottery pick. Odds at 95% that NO team gives up one. 14 Draft too strong
          12 minutes ago

Comment

Personally, I know it may seem a bit far fetched, but I think we should just bring in Canadian kids. Try to trade for Thompson and Joseph, use whatever assets we have to try to get Bennett, Kabongo and Olynyk. Those kids might play hard for the name on the front as opposed to the one on the back. And it's something the fans can get behind.

Comment

OKC needs a back pg. Wouldn't it be ironic for them to flip the Raptors the 12th pick for Lowry? Who's going to be Raptors pg, then? Calderon is a free agent, just saying.

Comment

The way Ujiri and Tim said that it will be obvious to fans which course will be taken (after draft night), makes me think tank nation will be in effect. But who knows, maybe they'll pull something crazy off (like Rondo)

Comment

Can we get just one thread with all draft day raptors-related stuff?

Comment

It would be hard for me to see Lowry go, I think he has a lot more potential to show our team. The only way letting him go would make sense is if we get an UPGRADE at PG (not a rook) and packaging him with Bargs.

I dont believe Lowry + Bargs will net us Rondo, but if it does I would be happy with that trade. My biggest concern though is injury issues (though lowry has a few of his own), less 3pt shooting, and an older player. What would make me happy is the extra defense at the helm, the ability to run a great offense, higher FG percent, and experience on a championship team with HOFs.

One thing I would not do is add Demar to this trade. Lowry and another part of our core like Gay, Amir, or Demar, would not be enough to make me happy with Rondo.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Gonna have fun checking twitter on my phone every 5 minutes at work today

Comment

Regardless of prediction and prognostication, BC left this franchise a mess. I am excited for the shake-up though (as long as JV isn't touched).
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                          Personally, I know it may seem a bit far fetched, but I think we should just bring in Canadian kids. Try to trade for Thompson and Joseph, use whatever assets we have to try to get Bennett, Kabongo and Olynyk. Those kids might play hard for the name on the front as opposed to the one on the back. And it's something the fans can get behind.
                          I would be ecstatic if Bennett and kabongo are acquired together. One CDn rookie might create a lot of pressure. Two would help shoulder the burden.

Comment

I am not a big fan of this roster, so I would not be sad to see major changes. In no particular order, I would say the following needs to be addressed (no matter what the overall strategy is):

1. Bargnani needs to go. Whether it's tonight or not, it needs to happen sooner rather than later.

2. Sorting out the wings. They have way too many bodies on the wings (DD, Gay, Ross, Fields, Kleiza, Anderson) - most of whom are mediocreat best - making way too much money.

3. PG. Needs to be addressed in some way, shape or form, which depends on what the overall strategy is going forward.

Comment

I'm hoping that Ujiri can move as many pieces from the Bargnani/DD/Gay/Lowry group as possible in return for 2013 lottery picks, 2014 draft picks (reported that 2014 lottery picks are basically untouchable), expiring contracts, and young prospects. All these moves would obviously be done with an eye on hopefully getting into the top five of the 2014 draft, while cleaning up the books and stockpiling assets at the same time.

I could also see Amir being moved as his value is basically at it's peak, however I think there's value in keeping a high-character player who will help a young group keep the losing in perspective as they pile up the L's next season. I'd lump Fields in the same category.

Comment

i'm so excited i could poop myself (i just had ice cream)
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X