Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Draft Day Everyone! Big changes coming? What do you want to see happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so a player who gets volume stats to go along with his volume minutes = bad
    ???????????

Comment

any news yet?????

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
        ???????????
        When a player scores a lot of points by taking a lot of shots, while doing very little of everything else.....yes, that's bad. Very bad.

Comment

???????????
          A player who is only a volume scorer isn't worth $10 mill. Until Demar adds to his game, he is just another overpaid winger who can't shoot (we must be the only team in the league with 3 players like that at the same time)
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Should swing by and read Craiger's great breakdown of the teams Usage Rate's and Efficeincy's.
            Even Craiger (a steadfast critic of Derozan as I recall) is surprised by the numbers he found.

I really don't think Demar is our problem.
            I agree DeMar isn't the problem. But it would be a mistake to label him as part of the "core" going forward.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
              It takes two to tango.... Ujiri might want to deal badly but if all the deals are terrible then he can't do much. Despite the BC/Toronto media spin, this team does not have great assets to trade.

I think the caveat here is "at the price he demands". Rudy Gay at $10,000,000 might be worthwhile but is Rudy Gay at nearly double that good value? The obvious answer is no. I think Gay's contract is going to drive that bus more than Gay's skills. Unfortunate fact of life in the NBA. Salaries matter almost as much as talent.
              I get that, but you could say the same about BC. I'm sure he badly wanted to make a deal happen to make the team better, but there wasn't anything worth making a transaction over. So the point is if neither guy could make anythig happen then why the change? I'm really hoping Ujiri can do what BC couldn't and make a beleiver out of me.

Regarding remarks about Gay's contract and the worthiness of it...I always thing you have to consider the market here in Toronto and how attractive we are to free agents. How easily could we get a player of Gay's talent level at a lesser contract in free agency? Not too easily I'm afraid. It often comes down to trades in which case the playing feild is much more level, but how many teams want to trade a player making $20 mil/year that is worth $20 mil/year? This is the reason I'm a big advocate of tanking and building through the draft......now I'm off topic...

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                A player who is only a volume scorer isn't worth $10 mill. Until Demar adds to his game, he is just another overpaid winger who can't shoot (we must be the only team in the league with 3 players like that at the same time)
                you people are crazy. truly repping tdot. what do you really want? do you want him to be lebron james for half the price?

he has better fg% than westbrook, harden, JJ, jr smith, paul george, the list goes one. they all only have 1-3 more attempts pg than derozan (paul george is the same). but again, hes 11th in MADE.

you want to talk about defense? yea, hes just average in the league. not below, but just average. average steals, average dreb. yet there are games where gets 3, 4 steals a game.

you can argue his pricetag is high, but theres no way you can argue against his production. which none of you seem to be doing aside from throwing out blanket statements 'he sucks'

i guess only top 5 players in the entire league in all categories are only good enough for the raptors?

Comment

you people are crazy. truly repping tdot. what do you really want? do you want him to be lebron james for half the price?

he has better fg% than westbrook, harden, JJ, jr smith, paul george, the list goes one. they all only have 1-3 more attempts pg than derozan (paul george is the same). but again, hes 11th in MADE.

you want to talk about defense? yea, hes just average in the league. not below, but just average. average steals, average dreb. yet there are games where gets 3, 4 steals a game.

you can argue his pricetag is high, but theres no way you can argue against his production. which none of you seem to be doing aside from throwing out blanket statements 'he sucks'

i guess only top 5 players in the entire league in all categories are only good enough for the raptors?
                  oh, and he's only 23..
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Toronto's fan base is so hilarious. If we had Lebron James there would be hatred towards him if we had MJ there would be nitpicking.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Jrue and Young for Rudy and Lowry?
                      In a nano second

Comment

I think DeMar represents a conflict point between analytics geeks and intangibles guys. DeMar's analytics are mediocre, that much is true. But basketball isn't baseball and it can't JUST be about analytics because that doesn't really work: Chris Paul has zero championships and in part it's because his amazing stats are counterbalanced by a control freak personality that hurts teams.

DeMar has a stupidly good work ethic, isn't a selfish player, actually wants to play for Toronto, and makes the locker room a better place. That really does matter. Is he overpaid right now? Definitely. Would he be overpaid at 6 million instead of 9.5? I tend to think he wouldn't be.

The million-dollar question, then, is "is he tradeable" and the answer to that question is a qualified "yes." Out of Rudy, Lowry, Ross and DeMar (our "good" trade assets), I think DeMar is the one you want to trade least.

Comment

lmao.

top 20 in the league in FGM, top 10 in FTM, 11th in total points, top 20 in PPG.
                          9th in PPG amongst guards, 11th in FGM, 8th in FTM.

clearly he is shit and we should amnesty him immediately.
                          http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post212660

He is an average starter making above average money.... Well above average..... Like double it.

Comment

http://www.thenbageek.com/players/co..._ids%5B%5D=238

Here is DeRozan compared to the players you list and average SG.

Do you notice all the red in derozans line? He is below average in a lot of categories.

Also, all those guys can create for themselves.

Top 5 would be great but I'd settle for average but I would expect more at $9.5m per year.
                            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Jun 27, 2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              Should swing by and read Craiger's great breakdown of the teams Usage Rate's and Efficeincy's.
                              Even Craiger (a steadfast critic of Derozan as I recall) is surprised by the numbers he found.

I really don't think Demar is our problem.
                              I saw that but it is really in depth and I only have my iPhone right now. I'll look closer later.

Problem i see is that still doesn't solve his lack of range or limited contributions elsewhere or reliance on being spoon fed off screens.

Comment

anyone frustrated by the rumours of a potential boston-nj deal showing that boston will blow it up and start over. Even if we just keep some of our future core, injuries aside, we will still be 7-11.

Comment

Working...
                                X