Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Draft Day Everyone! Big changes coming? What do you want to see happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Would be even more frustrating if Boston blows it up, and somehow lands Wiggins :|
    Wiggins is a Laker, its a done deal.

Dwight is not coming back, Kobe is gonna miss the start of the season, and for the 1st time the 14th pick jumps to #1. There is no way in hell, that the NBA's ultimate cash cow becomes a bottom team. Period.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      with so much excitement I cant help but feel theres a great depression coming lol.
      lol, yup. Shouldn't surprise anyone if absolutely nothing happens tonight.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Not necessarily

I'm not going to 'wait and see' what Aaron Gray turns into ... We all know what Aaron Gray is and forever will be.
        Just like Telfair. No sense in using the 'wait and see' approach on him ... he is who he is for the most part, minus some maturation.

But guys like Terrence Ross, Quincy Acy, Demar Derozan etc. are still very much like Play Doh, where from season to season ALOT could change and develop.

Not to mention not every player is having their worth and value questioned.
        Therefore, with alot of them, there's nothing to 'wait and see' for.
        I suppose that's where the differences in opinions lie. I see DeRozan more in the Telfair and Gray category (not in terms of talent, but in terms of having already reached their ceiling). I just don't see DeRozan taking any significant steps forward.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          I'm still trying to figure out where management stands with the whole "rebuild vs. tweak" debate.
          I think that will obviously drive everything.

I personally hope they go the path of tweaking, as I believe this team has some good pieces that can be used to build around.

So .. pick up a couple of Late 1st/ early 2nd Rounders, while giving up minimal assets (Bargs, Kleiza, Ca$h etc.)
          Hoping they keep at least Lowry, Derozan, Gay, Amir and JV. Might not be possible though. "Gotta spend money to make money" as they say.
          I would imagine there are are more reasons to keep their intentions to themselves, then there are telling everyone what their plans are. Change is coming. Not only to the roster, but to the way this organization runs their business. I'm happy to wait, speculate, and hope.
          Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
            Wiggins is a Laker, its a done deal.
            Maybe if you believe the draft-fixing conspiracy theories. In the real world, Kobe will be back for most of next season, which may well be his last season, and Kobe don't tank.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Using Bargnani as a comparison. A sign of desperation
              Desperation? Dude I already said, "If they trade him they trade him." In other words, I'm cool with them trading him. Glad you cut that out. I love when people put words in my mouth (kind of cute -- that's sarcasm). All I was saying was dude is a solid player and ya'll acting like he's not. Can facts actually be used? Can people actually read without creating stories that don't exist?

Comment

If wiggins lands in Boston or LA you can kiss any chances of him repping Toronto Raptors goodbye.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                  Maybe if you believe the draft-fixing conspiracy theories. In the real world, Kobe will be back for most of next season, which may well be his last season, and Kobe don't tank.
                  Indeed.....

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                    Desperation? Dude I already said, "If they trade him they trade him." In other words, I'm cool with them trading him. Glad you cut that out. I love when people put words in my mouth (kind of cute -- that's sarcasm). All I was saying was dude is a solid player and ya'll acting like he's not. Can facts actually be used? Can people actually read without creating stories that don't exist?
                    Easy there. It was just a joke.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      You can bring facts, you just need to interpret them correctly.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post212643

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post212660

Along those lines, his win share did jump last season but it is still 0.2 below average despite playing approximately 40% more minutes than the average SG.
                      Again. My point is he's a solid player and not the clown that he is being perceived as. How information is interpreted is another debate that I'm willing to have. The people swinging the biggest swords here are bringing the least amount of information to the debate. Let's put it all out there, compare it to other teams' starting Shooting Guards and then make an educated decision. Hey someone with an analytic mind can mine through it and then we can have this debate. I'd rather miss use information and get the information out there for debate than keep info to my chest because it disproves my point.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong. But I suspect that if we compared Demar to starting shooting guards across the board dude comes out in the upper half of the league. That's not saying much, but can you name a Raptors SG in the recent past who they can say that about?

Don't get it twisted. I have a personal list of players that I would trade Demar for in a heartbeat, but the vitriol of the anti-Demar people is straight toxic for no reason.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Easy there. It was just a joke.
                        We've both been on this site long enough for me to know that. I'm not huffin' or puffin'. Just trying to get some debate movin.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          I see DeRozan more in the Telfair and Gray category.
                          At 23 years old I just don't see how that's possible. He's still got some room to grow in my opinion. But I'm an eternal optimist. A realist .. but an optimist at heart.

Comment

• I dunno guys, to be honest I really want to just blow this roster up. I have nothing against those who feel that a little "tweaking"
                            of this roster will get them into the playoffs and also there are some players that I would find hard to let go but that is because we are emotional about our team and players at times. (eg- Jose). Besides JV and Amir, I want everyone pretty much out of here.
                            I believe Ross is over rated, Lowry is a starting PG but in the lower echolon of starters in the league, Derozan is a good player but not the focal point of a teams offense, Rudy Gay is inefficient and over priced, Fields is paid too much for a bench player, AA thinks he's a focal point of the offense off the bench and he is not, AB and Kleisa - no comment for I do not want to be rude, Acy ? Meh.
                            I really want to blow it up, get cap space and keep and obtain picks in the draft. The "Euro Experiment" is over !!!
                            I know people do not want to wait another 3 to 4 years but unless you want a competitive team for years to come, we have no choice. Eking out the 8th or 7th spot in the Weak East means nothing to me.

Comment

• Anyone know what the draft night schedule is like? I know it's supposed to start at 7, but is there going to be 15-30 minutes of nonsense before Cleveland actually has to pick?

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                At 23 years old I just don't see how that's possible. He's still got some room to grow in my opinion. But I'm an eternal optimist. A realist .. but an optimist at heart.
                                He's also entering his 5th season. Not a wide-eyed pup either.

Comment

Working...
                                X