Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...717/daily-dime
    This is really good news for the Raps and for Canada as a whole. It could mean some coverage from the US media in the future if he continues to grow his game, as he seems to be doing.

Guess BC did leave us something good after all!

With people thinking that bigs in the NBA is a dying breed, it's nice to have a potential all star big on our side..

Who was the best big to ever play for the Raps? Do you think JV have the potential of surpassing that player?
    I think it has to be Antonio Davis by default. Bosh....well he didn't, and still doesn't, play enough like a big man for me to consider him that, especially on D.

When I think of guys from the Raptors bringing what a big man is supposed to bring....I think Antonio, Rasho, Willis, Oak, and Keon Clark. JO and Hakeem are obviously the biggest talents we've had, but both were useless when we got them.

On Jonas, I think it's fairly obvious he'll be better than anyone the Raps have had down the middle, and in the end, I don't think it'll even be close.

Comment

• It may be summer league...scratch that..it is summer league. He may be a man amongst boys but with free throws, it's man against a hoop 15 ft away.. Same as in the regular season. Sure, there's more pressure but you all get the point. Shooting 24-27 (89%). Watching the spurs game, I was suprised that not much was being said about that. They commented that he was shooting well but didn't mention how rare and invaluable that was for a player of his size that you can leave on the floor at the end of the game.

Comment

• wow byucks was terrible
        hope thats just jitters for his debut

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Bosh....well he didn't, and still doesn't, play enough like a big man for me to consider him that, especially on D.
          As much as I like to hate on Bosh, the man averaged 24pts, 10.8rpg and 1.0bpg, on 52% shooting in his final season as a Raptor. Those are SERIOUS numbers. Regardless of how we feel about the guy, he's easily the best Power Forward this team has ever had.

In Davis' best season with the Raps, he 'only' averaged 14, 10 and 2, on 43% shooting.

So while Jonas may never average 24 & 10, I think he will come close while doing it in a way that has far more impact on the outcome than Boshs soft play would.
          Last edited by Joey; Thu Jul 18, 2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            As much as I like to hate on Bosh, the man averaged 24pts, 10.8rpg and 1.0bpg, on 52% shooting in his final season as a Raptor. Those are SERIOUS numbers. Regardless of how we feel about the guy, he's easily the best Power Forward this team has ever had.

In Davis' best season with the Raps, he 'only' averaged 14, 10 and 2, on 43% shooting.

So while Jonas may never average 24 & 10, I think he will come close while doing it in a way that has far more impact on the outcome than Boshs soft play would.
            Bosh is definitely among the best players the Raptors have had, but when a guy averages 10 boards basically because his coach has to constantly challenge him to (or it's a contract year), and doesn't bang down low, doesn't score that well in the post, can't guard either position down low....I can't call him a big man.

Bosh is basically a tweener in a PF's body, that he never developed to play like a true big. He never had, and still doesn't have, very good big man skills.

*Edit: I picked Davis because he had his best years here as a true big. He brought physicality, D and intimidation, as well as leadership. He brought things Bosh never could, and things that only big men really can. So IMO, Bosh never had a "big man" impact. He was just a go-to scorer who rebounded well, but who couldn't defend any position.
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Jul 18, 2013, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
              Lol love your pic. Was that taken with that exact background in mind or was it a stroke of luck?
              lol just happened to be sitting in front of her, so a bit of both

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
                wow byucks was terrible
                hope thats just jitters for his debut
                He had a pretty busy day
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Playoffs. Lol.

Comment

• Kobe with the three!

Comment

• JV with the monster block

Comment

• is that ross or the energizer bunny

Comment

• I like Acy's leadership. Developing a little jumper too

Comment

• More worried about Buyks defense. If he is getting blown by in the summer league......

Comment

• Bikes!

Comment

• Buycks is really raw. He got blown by when when he stood right up, he lagged on offense, and he dribble penetrated into the key w/ 4 players in it...

Casey's going to rip him a new asshole.

Comment

Working...
                                X