No announcement yet.

Summer League 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oddly enough there aren't any players on the current roster imo that can do what those 2 players do efficiently.

Comment

What good is a shot blocker that gives the possession back as on every one of those blocks?

Comment

Apparently Miami invited kabongo to their summer league team. All the more reason to hate those fuck faces
        http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#secti.../p2p-76492786/
        Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Fri Jun 28, 2013, 06:06 PM.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
          What good is a shot blocker that gives the possession back as on every one of those blocks?
          Those blocks build momentum

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            They are bringing in role players to let JV, Ross, and Acy be the focus of the team.
            That's a force that could make the final four in NCAA play.

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
              Those blocks build momentum
              a block leading to a run out and transition bucket is even MORE demoralizing.
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Darius Theus looks like a short Monta ellis. Maybe a more willing passer tho... hopefully

Comment

That's a problem because Monta Ellis is too small.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    That's a problem because Monta Ellis is too small.
                    Nevermind. They are both the same height, he looked shorter lol

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                      oddly enough there aren't any players on the current roster imo that can do what those 2 players do efficiently.
                      That is sad.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Gregory Echenique???? Whoo? Youtube has nothing on him really except the coolio Amara shades he rocks during games.
                        A big guy, a C. Played for the Creighton Blue Jays last year. I know because i watched a lot of their games last year.

Anyway, where is Seth Curry? still no invite for the Raptors?? wtf!
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Although it would be great to get a chance to go down and see the process (I've been to a couple of the raps training camp exhibition games and loved them), I'm pretty meh about the whole thing from a fans perspective. Sure it's good for development but winning summer league is less meaningful than winning preseason games. Which is less meaningful than winning during the season, which is less meaningful than winning in the playoffs.

So in summary it has zero meaningfulness. In fact it might have a negative meaningfulness if anyone thinks that anything they see (wins or points or play) will translate into the NBA.

There's no reason not to enjoy it for what it is. Just don't make the mistake of thinking that anything you see will translate into NBA games.
                          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Well... you're looking more at player development than wins.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              A big guy, a C. Played for the Creighton Blue Jays last year. I know because i watched a lot of their games last year.

Anyway, where is Seth Curry? still no invite for the Raptors?? wtf!
                              for real, shit tonne of people on twitter wondering why no one pick him up

Comment

There's money in the family and he has a degree from a top flight school, Seth Curry needs to get started on a real career. There is life after hoops, after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X