Summer League 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tkfu wrote: View Post
    In other news, how about Myck Kabongo's disappearing act?

Starts Miami's first game, plays pretty terrible (0-4 from the field, 3-8 from the stripe in 24 minutes).

Comes off the bench in their second game, is again pretty invisible in 12 minutes (1-1 FG, 1 TO, 1 STL).

Can't even get in the game in their third game.

Coach gives him one more shot in game four, and he plays 11 minutes, goes 0-2 from the field and 0-4 from the line, no assists, and one turnover.

Game five he's (justifiably) glued to the bench again. That leaves him with a final summer league stat line of 48 minutes played, 5 points, .143 FG%, .250 FT%, and 4 AST.

I had bought into the hype a bit and thought he might be a decent signing for a 3rd string point guard, but for now it really doesn't look like he's an NBA talent.
    Everybody always knew the word on Kabongo was that he was a pass-first point guard with decent defense and a lousy shot, and for the most part that's how he played in summer league (his defense was good in all of his games, it was his offense that was bad). It's harder for PGs to make an impact in summer league because running the offense on a summer league team is hard to begin with, and it's harder when you're an undrafted free agent with little to no respect.

Kabongo has the tools to be a decent PG, but he was always going to be a project. For a minimum salary I'd say the Raptors should consider him and D-League him; otherwise he should go to Europe and work on his game.

Comment

• Oladipo had a sick game winner yesterday
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Magic vs Celtics next in the championship game

Edit:It's at 2pm and apparently that isn't the championship game lol but watching Olynyk and Oladipo should be fun
        Last edited by Sam17; Fri Jul 12, 2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• tkfu wrote: View Post
          Anyone else think Olynyk looks like Sarah Jessica Parker?
          Olynyk actually looks a lot like Tim Lincecum of the Giants.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Next to Nick Nurse, Bill Bayno is in Vegas.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                  What's that famous quote about Summer League............It won't show you who can play in the NBA, it'll just show you who can't.
                  Exactly.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• With the signing of Buycks, the Raptors no longer have a need for a PG, which really changes the focus on our Summer League squad. The way I see it, now we just need another big man (someone who can play some C would be nice), and a SG/SF.

Mbakwe is still the favorite to get the last big man slot. Not sure if we have anyone on the summer leaugue team I'd want being our 3rd SG/SF. Maybe Micah Downs if he plays really well. Seems like summer league just became more of a showcase for JV and Ross and less about filling out the roster.

Comment

• With the defense of Kabongo he is a pass first guy who slashes to the bucket not a great shooter at all. With that said you all have seen Miami's Summer League team right? who is he going to pass to? Kabongo is a project but I was hoping we could of gotten him and stashed him in the D-League like Spurs did with Joseph.

Somethign that bothers me is the absence of Seth Curry on any team.....

Comment

• Austin Rivers is killing it for the Pelicans right now.

Comment

• It's a tie score...

Comment

• Julyan Stone didn't pass his physical w/ the team and will not be signing w/ the Raptors.

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                              Julyan Stone didn't pass his physical w/ the team and will not be signing w/ the Raptors.
                              don't lie...... o.0
                              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• Anyone know if the Raps game will be on TV tomorrow? I've checked TSN, all sportsnets, and NBA TV's schedule and there's nothing...
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X