No announcement yet.

Summer League 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• also ross had his hands on his hips and was huffing and puffing the entire time he was on the floor in the second quarter.. everything he did looked lazy, hense my conditioning comment

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
      his ballhandling looks better against these scrubs? to me it looks like he hasnt done anything..
      he used to barely get a chance to do any dribble pen. good to see him working w/ Mckee w/ pushing up the floor.

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        Can someone provide a link? I'm at FirstRow right now but they don't have the game listed.
        http://lsh.streamhunter.eu/static/po...871349290.html

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
          Can someone provide a link? I'm at FirstRow right now but they don't have the game listed.
          http://www.streamhunter.eu/basketbal...ing-video.html

Comment

• I don't think it's fair for other teams w/ JV on the team this summer...

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
              And DeRozan isn't mediocre. Name 10 better starting shooting guards last year. Actually I'll make it easy for you and just ask for 5. I'll even start you off with Kobe, Wade, Harden.
              Danny Green, Wesley Matthews, Klay Thompson, J.J. Redick, Gerald Henderson, Kevin Martin, Tony Allen, Paul Pierce, Manu Ginobli, OJ Mayo... this is really sort of an easy game.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                Demar would not have played serious minutes on any playoff team; there were sixteen playoff teams; therefore he is not top ten
                DeMar would be the best shooting guard on the following playoff teams:

New York (similar production to Smith, but DeMar is far more consistent and Smith was terrible in the playoffs because he wasn't on a hotstreak)

Indiana (you really think they wouldn't start him over Lance are you crazy?)

Nets (Joe Johnson is washed up at this point and DeMar is a far better player, also has more ability to play off ball and come off screens which is ideal next to Deron)

Bulls (I'm not even gonna waste my time explaining this, they were DYING for scoring)

Hawks (Basically the worst shooting guard rotation in the playoffs)

Celtics (he would most definitely start over Bradley and his PER of 9 (especially since Doc loves DD))

Bucks (this is one that's debatable, although I think the Bucks would use Ellis in a 6th man role if they had DeMar)

Spurs (yes he would start over Danny Green)

Thunder (another team that needed a secondary scorer badly, DeMar would start)

Nuggets (most definitely would start especially with Gallo out and little perimeter scoring)

Grizzlies (there is no way Tony Allen would start over him despite his defense)

Clippers (Willie Green or DeRozan?)

Warriors (Warriors might opt to have Klay for the 3 ball, but DeRozan is the better player)

Lakers (with Kobe out of course he would start).

The only playoff teams he wouldn't have started for are the Heat and Rockets. Now please stop being foolish.

Comment

• I want JV to go for 40 and 15..
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Demar would not have played serious minutes on any playoff team; there were sixteen playoff teams; therefore he is not top ten
                    This sounds so ridiculous.....Try all the teams in the East he would play a significant amount of time there are only a handful of SGs that were better than DeMar last season.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                      also ross had his hands on his hips and was huffing and puffing the entire time he was on the floor in the second quarter.. everything he did looked lazy, hense my conditioning comment
                      And how much did he sit in that 1st half? It's still fast-paced basketball. He was conditioned for playing roughly 15-20 minutes during the season. He probably got about that time just in the 1st half. I mean, you can't simulate game conditions when you work out on your own. No exercise is an adequate substitute.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                        Danny Green, Wesley Matthews, Klay Thompson, J.J. Redick, Gerald Henderson, Kevin Martin, Tony Allen, Paul Pierce, Manu Ginobli, OJ Mayo... this is really sort of an easy game.
                        You just named 1 player that is better than DeRozan (Pierce) and he's isn't even a shooting guard. Stop talking.

Comment

• Jv is going off

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Yes. He was a disaster anytime he had to handle the ball in any situation that wasn't driving straight down an open lane. He would even lose it on his own sometimes, without the D doing anything. His ballhandling is clearly better.

And summer league is a lot of low iq bball players. After all, many of them do not have NBA contracts, and do not even play in the best Euro clubs. This breeds a chaotic, crappy quality of basketball. That doesn't mean you can't evaluate people's skills.
                            drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                            he used to barely get a chance to do any dribble pen. good to see him working w/ Mckee w/ pushing up the floor.
                            fair enough but i still think his confidence against shitty competition has something to do with it.. his game does not look any better to me.. i know its the first summer league game but there hasnt been shit else to talk about for quite some time.. im just a little disappointed, i expected him to be alot more polished.. especially for summer league standards

Comment

• thanks
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
                                If Ross can't even perform well in Summer League he's definitely not a part of this core going forwards. Even some scrubs have dominated some of these games.
                                Ross has to get his points within the offense jv is going off where is the opportunity comi g from? If they run pin Down screens for him he will score easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X