Summer League 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    fair enough but i still think his confidence against shitty competition has something to do with it.. his game does not look any better to me.. i know its the first summer league game but there hasnt been shit else to talk about for quite some time.. im just a little disappointed, i expected him to be alot more polished.. especially for summer league standards
    He's not a good prospect.

At best Ross might turn out to be a high 30s 3PT shooter with solid defense that gives you at most 15ppg. That doesn't warrant a #8 pick. We should've gone for a guy with a higher ceiling like Drummond or even Rivers/Lamb.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
      fair enough but i still think his confidence against shitty competition has something to do with it.. his game does not look any better to me.. i know its the first summer league game but there hasnt been shit else to talk about for quite some time.. im just a little disappointed, i expected him to be alot more polished.. especially for summer league standards
      I'm disappointed with his offense, but they need to find a couple of plays to get him open shots or cuts to the basket. It's hard to get going on perimeter isolations when it's not your strongest suit...but then again, I'm sure that's why they're making him work on it here in summer league

Comment

• good pass by jv w/ the double

3pt by ross.

Comment

• Right on cue, triple by Ross.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
            You guys gotta call USA basketball and clue them in to what they apparently don't have a clue about.
            "Hey Dad, could you get Demar on the select team? Please? It'll make that bloated contract I signed him too seem a little more justified."
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Q looks so much better at the 4th.

Comment

• There you go Ross
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JV showing composure in the double, nice passing, nice movement.

I commented he seemed slow before, I lied, he seems fine.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    Right on cue, triple by Ross.
                    And of course..off the ball. That's something to keep an eye on with Ross. Need him to knock down those wide open shots. That'll open so much up for him, and the bench in general in the season.

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
                      You just named 1 player that is better than DeRozan (Pierce) and he's isn't even a shooting guard. Stop talking.
                      You don't think Klay Thompson is better than Demar?
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        "Hey Dad, could you get Demar on the select team? Please? It'll make that bloated contract I signed him too seem a little more justified."
                        You are delusional if you think that's actually what happened.

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
                          Indiana (you really think they wouldn't start him over Lance are you crazy?)
                          Stephenson can defend really well. DeMar can't. For Indiana that would be an easy decision.

Spurs (yes he would start over Danny Green)
                          Danny Green is perhaps the prototypical 3-and-D shooting guard at this point. There is exactly zero chance the Spurs would start DeRozan over Green.

Thunder (another team that needed a secondary scorer badly, DeMar would start)
                          The Thunder had Kevin Martin, a all-offense shooting guard. DeMar's offense is worse and his defense is no better. (I agree that now the Thunder are one of the more natural trading partners if we wanted to trade DeMar.)

Grizzlies (there is no way Tony Allen would start over him despite his defense)
                          A defense-oriented team is not going to start DeMar over a top-5 perimeter defender in the entire league. DeMar wouldn't even make sense in Memphis as a sixth man because DeMar doesn't shoot threes and that's what Memphis needs.

Comment

• Magoon is picking hairs.

Lance? Green? no way.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• That drive from Ross looked extremely awkward.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• I am going to official say the raps are not using Ross correctly , he has to be used like rip Hamilton. They are running plays for him like they want him to be Kobe. If they go down this route the will destroy his game

Comment

Working...
                                X