X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kabongo to join Heat summer leauge team

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=426561

Well this sucks.... was hoping to get him

Bummer. But we can still sign him at any point. He has no commitment to the Heat as far as I know. Just playing on their Summer League team.

Like Jeremy Lin a few years back. If I recall, he played for Golden States Summer League team, but ended up signing with Houston .. only to be dropped by Houston and sign with NY ... and then sign with Houston .. but I digress. There's still hope!

Comment

Kabongo playing for Miami is good news because he'll get decent seasoning, and then we can make him an offer if we think it's a good idea. Because Miami almost certainly isn't going to sign him (they're already committed out to twelve players, and will almost certainly resign Chris Andersen, at which point they only have the MLE to sign new players and they're not gonna use it on a rookie point guard when they have Chalmers and Cole and occasionally LeBron at that position.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
        Kabongo playing for Miami is good news because he'll get decent seasoning, and then we can make him an offer if we think it's a good idea. Because Miami almost certainly isn't going to sign him (they're already committed out to twelve players, and will almost certainly resign Chris Andersen, at which point they only have the MLE to sign new players and they're not gonna use it on a rookie point guard when they have Chalmers and Cole and occasionally LeBron at that position.
        Good points! A+

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
          Yeah, the more I think of it, the more it makes sense just for the Summer league. I mean, Miami also has zero players to send there from their roster, so Kabongo will likely get a lot of opportunities.

Comment

My initial reaction:

But yeah, we can still sign him,but him getting acclimated to some of his future teammates and coaches (if he signs with the raps) would have been nice, even if it's in summer league...

Comment

All indications are that the Raptors have no interest in Kabongo. If it's any consolation to Myck, this forum has a man crush on him.

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
                My initial reaction:
                I actually thought of the same thing. Trouble in the force...

Comment

Working...
                X