Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Great Possible Trade

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pfmu5no

And throw in a first rounder (2015 or 14)
    Maybe get a Second Rounder from them.

We get a mentally tough guy (what Casey wants) who is still really young, he also dishes more than scores, kind of what we need to feed everyone the ball.

And for Sullinger, we could keep him in the rotation and maybe start Amir, or keep those two coming off the bench like we did for Amir and Ed.

Especially with our young team, he could bring us more playoff experience and with Jonas getting better and better every year, and hopefully getting better guys on our bench, we could be a contender one day.

There is a trade forum for that.

Comment

Why do Celtics do this trade?

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
        Why do Celtics do this trade?
        They are rebuilding, I don't think Rondo wants to rebuild.

Also, maybe because he is too much (fights with Doc and beef with Ray)

+ We are giving up a first rounder.

Comment

I'm not trading next year's 1st round pick for Rondo.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
            I'm not trading next year's 1st round pick for Rondo.
            A non lottery pick (If we don't tank) is better than Rondo?

Comment

That trade is possible ONLY when we include some first rounders. However, I don't like giving up a first rounder in such a good draft like 2014. Raptors are trying to build a strong young core. Rondo is 27 and is in his prime. If we did acquire him, he would probably waste his prime with a young learning team and once we'll be ready to contend, Rajon will start to decline. And that is ONLY if he'll resign with us after 2014-2015. Not a great scenario.

Comment

If the celts want they can then amnesty a 10M contract!

So basically, Rondo and sullinger for Lowry and Acy and 10M off capspace and late 1st round pick.

Not bad!
                Last edited by enlightenment; Sat Jun 29, 2013, 12:29 PM.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  If the celts want they can then amnesty a 10M contract!

So basically, Rondo and sullinger for Lowry and Acy and 10M off capspace and late 1st round pick.

Not bad!
                  You can only amnesty a player you had before the lockout, Bargs cant get amnestied after he is traded.

I dont get why we would do this trade, it just looks like aimless collection of talent with no direction, Rondo is better than lowry, but also more expensive, and is addition doesn't really change much where we would stand for next year, the top 5 in the east are a lock.

Comment

This trade is impossible. They love Sully, don't care about Lowry because they're tanking anyway, and don't want Bargs because he's terrible with a terrible contract. It'd take way more than a first round pick to get that deal done.

But also, look at it from the Raptors' side: every guy in our starting lineup would be a sub-30% 3-pt shooter.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                      You can only amnesty a player you had before the lockout, Bargs cant get amnestied after he is traded.

I dont get why we would do this trade, it just looks like aimless collection of talent with no direction, Rondo is better than lowry, but also more expensive, and is addition doesn't really change much where we would stand for next year, the top 5 in the east are a lock.
                      oops, thanks for enlightening me
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        oops, thanks for enlightening me
                        Ahhhh I see what you did there
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                          A non lottery pick (If we don't tank) is better than Rondo?
                          How do you know it's a non lottery?

Raptors didn't tank last season but they were still pretty bad.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            How do you know it's a non lottery?

Raptors didn't tank last season but they were still pretty bad.
                            They also can't trade picks in consecutive years from my understanding, so it is irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                            X