No announcement yet.

Summer Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First post. I apologize for starting with a spaz, but horrible idea.
    We have no idea how Rondo plays when he's not surrounded by HOF players. He is coming off a major injury. He can't shoot the rock at all, so you basically have a one, a two, a three, a four, and a five that are incapable of shooting the long ball. That is your entire starting lineup. Not happening. JV is loved for a reason, and we don't over appreciate him. Hell, the Thunder offered us Harden for him, and we rejected it. The NBA is getting smaller these days, and big men are rare- look what Indy did to the Heat with Hibbert, or the Spurs with Duncan. Ain't no way I'm saying good bye to Val for Rondo. Best point guard in the league? B*** Please. Paul, Westbrook, Rose, Kyrie, maybe Curry, are all better. Raptors got two options. Blow all this shit up, or tweak and slowly build around JV and DD/Gay. No way I'm watching Anderson play for us this year. I mena sure, he got hot a couple times and won us a game or two, but the man acts like he's Kobe. He lost us a lot of games, and is an inefficient volume shooter. We don't need that, we need minutes for Ross.
    Last edited by Lefty; Sun Jun 30, 2013, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Lefty wrote: View Post
      First post. I apologize for starting with a spaz, but horrible idea.
      We have no idea how Rondo plays when he's not surrounded by HOF players. He is coming off a major injury. He can't shoot the rock at all, so you basically have a one, a two, a three, a four, and a five that are incapable of shooting the long ball. That is your entire starting lineup. Not happening. JV is loved for a reason, and we don't over appreciate him. Hell, the Thunder offered us Harden for him, and we rejected it. The NBA is getting smaller these days, and big men are rare- look what Indy did to the Heat with Hibbert, or the Spurs with Duncan. Ain't no way I'm saying good bye to Val for Rondo. Best point guard in the league? B*** Please. Paul, Westbrook, Rose, Kyrie, maybe Curry, are all better. Raptors got two options. Blow all this shit up, or tweak and slowly build around JV and DD/Gay. No way I'm watching Anderson play for us this year. I mena sure, he got hot a couple times and won us a game or two, but the man acts like he's Kobe. He lost us a lot of games, and is an inefficient volume shooter. We don't need that, we need minutes for Ross.
      Great first post!
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
        Option A

1 Amnesty Andrea Bargnani- any trade would give up picks or bring bac big contracts, which we can't afford to do.
        Ujiri just made a trade, didn't bring back any bid contracts and GOT draft picks didn't give them away. I didn't think it was possible either, but know that we know what Ujiri can do I'm sure he can do better than Val for Rondo. Val is untouchable, at least until he signs his extension. Othen the top five players in the league on max contracts, borderline all-star rookies are the best value contracts in the league.
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I have found Landry Fields' summer plans.

Meanwhile last month, Lisa dressed up as Marilyn Monroe for her appearance on ABC's upcoming celebrity singing competition Sing Your Face Off.

'I can't wait until you see the Talent on #SINGYOURFACEOFF it's going to blow your socks off! We sing,dance,act and impersonate Pop icons,' Rinna tweeted to her 217,000 followers.

According to Entertainment Weekly, actor John Barrowman (Torchwood, Arrow) will host the show where five celebs take on the songs of other celebs.

SNL's Darrell Hammond and pop singer Debbie Gibson serve as judges for the series which premieres later this summer.

Other contestants include ex-Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach, comedian Jon Lovitz, and Toronto Raptors player Landry Fields.

Lisa also serves as the designer of Belle Gray, a clothing line sold through QVC.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz2YRiPKDjc
          Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
          I really hope between the singing, dancing, acting, impersonating, wedding planning, preparing to become a father, and tending to pregnant fiancee he has found time to rehabilitate his elbow/arm and relocated the whereabouts of his jump shot.

Honestly, this does not make me feel optimistic.... at all.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

I really hope between the singing, dancing, acting, impersonating, wedding planning, preparing to become a father, and tending to pregnant fiancee he has found time to rehabilitate his elbow/arm and relocated the whereabouts of his jump shot.

Trade him! Everybody else is training and he joins a singing contest?
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

It could be that Fields is making his non-basketball related activities more public than most players, which gives us the impression that he's wasting precious off-season time.

Or at least, I hope this is the case....

Comment

He can do what he wants with his off-season...it's HIS
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  Whaaa...Like, without even consulting the fans? I call bullsh&t. There is a long list of things that Raptor fans DEMAND that he do. And none of those things involve singing and dancing on some TV show.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                    Whaaa...Like, without even consulting the fans? I call bullsh&t. There is a long list of things that Raptor fans DEMAND that he do. And none of those things involve singing and dancing on some TV show.
                    Well, that's a real shame cause it looks like that's what he's doing regardless. Haha
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Dancing and Singing are great was to train...dancing will whip him into shape and singing will help him learn to carry his voice, which he'll need on the court to be heard over all the screaming fans and what not..

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        You're right.

It just makes him a shitty professional athlete - assumption he is not getting back to his rookie form.

Comment

Didn't know where to put this....

What the hell is an associate head coach?? I've been hearing about these kind of hirings a lot lately. Have I been blind all these years or is this something new?

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post

What the hell is an associate head coach?? I've been hearing about these kind of hirings a lot lately. Have I been blind all these years or is this something new?
                            Fancy way of saying lead assistant.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post

Quite possibly a way to negate poaching by other teams. This title would need a "head coach" offer before permission is granted. It also looks better on the resume!

Comment

You're right.

It just makes him a shitty professional athlete - assumption he is not getting back to his rookie form.
                                If that's all he was doing over the summer, but it would seem to be a rather small piece of it. It would seem like nothing but who the fk cares gossip fodder.

Comment

Working...
                                X