Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Plans

Option A

1 Amnesty Andrea Bargnani- any trade would give up picks or bring bac big contracts, which we can't afford to do.

2 Re Sign Anderson and Gray - Two great veterans to have on board

3 Use our full MLE and pull out all the stops to sign Carl Landry

4 Sign a backup PG, maybe Beaubois, maybe even Jose, sign Kabongo as 3rd stringer

5 Sign a 6th wing at the league min 490k

Val/Amir/Gray
    Landry/Acy
    Gay/Fields/AA
    DDR/Ross/FA
    Lowry/FA/Kabongo

Option B

1 Amnesty Bargnani

2 Re-Sign Gray and Anderson

3 Use full MLE to sign Landry

4 Sign big who can play 4 or 5

5 Sign cheap backup PG, Kabongo as 3rd string

6 Trade Lowry, Val, and Klieza for Rondo and Olynyk- I know everyone on this forum has a crush on Val, but trading him to get Rondo while he's available is better for the Raptors. He will make Gay and DeRozan much better. Come playoff time he is a top 3 PG and that's not even debatable.

Johnson/Olynyk/Gray
    Landry/FA/Acy
    Gay/Fields/AA
    DDR/Ross
    Rondo/FA/Kabongo

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
    Option A

1 Amnesty Andrea Bargnani- any trade would give up picks or bring bac big contracts, which we can't afford to do.

3 Use our full MLE and pull out all the stops to sign Carl Landry

4 Sign a backup PG, maybe Beaubois, maybe even Jose, sign Kabongo as 3rd stringer

5 Sign a 6th wing at the league min 490k

Val/Amir/Gray
    Landry/Acy
    Gay/Fields/AA
    DDR/Ross/FA
    Lowry/FA/Kabongo

Option B

1 Amnesty Bargnani

2 Re-Sign Gray and Anderson

3 Use full MLE to sign Landry

4 Sign big who can play 4 or 5

5 Sign cheap backup PG, Kabongo as 3rd string

6 Trade Lowry, Val, and Klieza for Rondo and Olynyk- I know everyone on this forum has a crush on Val, but trading him to get Rondo while he's available is better for the Raptors. He will make Gay and DeRozan much better. Come playoff time he is a top 3 PG and that's not even debatable.

Johnson/Olynyk/Gray
    Landry/FA/Acy
    Gay/Fields/AA
    DDR/Ross
    Rondo/FA/Kabongo

First bold: With what capspace did you want to sign a PG? We already used the MLE in your previouse step

Second bold: You are fucking retarded. The centre position is the weakest position in the entire NBA and you are willing to give up a true centre with all-star potential?? For Rondo?? Who is 27, and injured?
    Is Rondo two times the player that Lowry is? Well he gets payed DOUBLE
    Is Olynyk even close to helping make up for a loss of Val?? Come on.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

He is not only double but maybe triple the player Lowry is. Lowry is inconsistent and injury prone and would be lucky to be put in the 15-20 range of starting PGs and Rondo is top 3. Rondo and Olynyk are better than Lowry and Val, plus we shed Kliezas salary

Comment

Option A

Okay people really need to stop saying that. Amir, Derozan, Gay, Lowry all have more NBA experience than them. How is Anderson giving stories about the D-league & Euro League gonna help them. Fields, Ross, JV & Acy are gonna learn what ? how to throw up bricks as soon as he touches the ball ? We got Bargs who can do that already with more NBA experience too.
        By the way i have no problem with AA, if i was in his shoes i would have done the same, his job is to get paid and survive in the league, that's on Casey for not holding him accountable.

Comment

Clearly you don't watch the Raptors because for long stretches of the season Anderson was our best player off the bench, and if you watch open gym you'd know he's one of the most popular guys on the team. No other FA wing nder 1mil is a better bet for us than AA right now

Comment

Triple the player?

Rondo: 37 MPG - 48% FG - 24% 3PT - 65% FT - 5.6 RPG - 11.1 APG - 1.8 STL - 3.9 TO - 13.7 PPG - 65% of all possible games played in the past 3 seasons

Kyle: 29MPG - 40%FG - 36% 3PT - 80% FT - 4.7 RPG - 6.4 APG - 1.4 STL - 2.3 TO - 11.6 PPG - 77% of all possible games played in the past 3 seasons

PER36:

Rondo: 5.4 RPG - 10.6 APG - 1.8 STL - 3.7 TOV - 13.2 PPG

Kyle: 5.7 RPG - 7.8 APG - 1.7 STL - 2.8 TOV - 14.1 PPG

Conclusion:

Kyle plays more games, rebounds more, scores more, has higher 3pt + ft %, turns it over less.

Rondo has higher FG%, and assists more.

Is this what constitutes "triple the player", let along "double the player"
            Is Rondo worth double the contract than Kyle?
            Is he worth getting rid of Val to get???

The answer is a resounding: FUCK NO!

Comment

Clearly you don't watch the Raptors because for long stretches of the season Anderson was our best player off the bench, and if you watch open gym you'd know he's one of the most popular guys on the team. No other FA wing nder 1mil is a better bet for us than AA right now
              Clearly YOU dont watch the Raptors enough. AA is a chucker even in a lineup with better chuckers. I could argue he lost us more games with his wild chucking than he saved.

Comment

People complain about Derozan being one dimensional..
                Alan anderson percentages: 0.383 FG 0.333 3PT

and he does NOTHING else but chuck (except some decent defense). I would rather Derozan and Gay chuck those shots, hell I would rather Val throw it up against the rim.

Comment

no offense but these summer plans sound like when you're sent to visit your grandparents because your parents are getting a divorce
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Regular season stats mean fuck all when were trying to build a championship team. Rondo was the best PG in the 2012 playoffs and will recover from this injury. He gives us a way better chance in the East than the Lowry/Val combo does

Comment

Rondo was on a very well coached team with stars around him. One could easily argue his stats were on steroids because of it. No way I give up Val for him

Comment

Regular season stats mean fuck all when were trying to build a championship team. Rondo was the best PG in the 2012 playoffs and will recover from this injury. He gives us a way better chance in the East than the Lowry/Val combo does
                        Translation #1: Evidence means nothing! I arbitrarily assign someone as the best PG simply because I feel that way!

Translation #2: I am omniscient and know that Rondo will recover from his 3 year habit of missing large portions of games, even though he is getting OLDER not YOUNGER.

You undervalue Val, you clearly dont understand how important it is to have a true C in this league. C is the weakest position in the league (with Roy Hibbert making All-star), Val's potential is >> Roy Hibbert.

Comment

Clearly you dont watch the game. he had a couple of games where the box score shows a lot of points, you look how he got those points, you wouldn't be impressed. Remember its the NBA the last player on any teams bench is capable of exploding for 30 points if given a license to shoot, they are in the league because they've done it before where ever they were. The good players are the ones who can do it efficiently and consistently. Open Gym ??? JL3 got let go and he was a cool dude, funny dude, Popular does what exactly ? nothing. Our whole team are cool dudes, i'd like to have a drink with any of them except bargs, that doesnt translate into wins. Renowned A-Holes like Rondo and Cousins are more valuable than any player on our team.

Comment

So you just proved my Rondo>Val point...

Comment

So you just proved my Rondo>Val point...
                              I hadn't read those other posts yet, but if you want to go there sure. Rondo & Val that all depends on the team, for us and where we are Val over rondo anyday. For the Mavs, Rondo over Val any day.

We are not gonna win anything now, and we're trying to build a culture, a positive attitude, and are still looking for a leader in the locker room. Rondo doesn't help us in that department at all.

Mavs are trying to win yesterday, they need a point guard, Rondo is proven playoff PG, they want Dwight howard because they dont have the time to wait for a rookie to develop, for them. Rondo over Val any day.

So it depends, but for us Val over Rondo any day.

Comment

Working...
                              X