• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother just chugged like 90% of a fireball
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
      My brother just chugged like 90% of a fireball
      Good job, he'll be throwing up by tip off. Cinnamon + Grain Alcohol + Speed.

Comment

Disclaimer: I am not a connoisseur of fine whiskeys (just a regular Scotch imbiber thru the yrs.).

My first taste of the Yamazaki (12 yr. old) whiskey. Too much hype not to give it a taste.

Decided to break open the seal (Chrismas gift) last night to bring in the new year. Waited a whole week!

And? ....Nada. Nothing jumped out and grabbed my palate nor my nose....as good/great Scotches/single malt whiskeys tend to do.

My first impression. This is not Scotch (as I understand it). Seemed like a blend of Scotch & Bourbon maybe? It was relatively smooth though (I drank it neat btw).

After all I read....disappointed. Must admit most reviews (incl. Joey's) was on the 18 yr. nectar so there might be a difference...but would it elevate it that much? And that is one expensive price tag!

Lastly on the negativity...it left a not so pleasant after-taste. My palate has experienced "a lot" of alcohol and this is not a typical reaction...except for...wait...some Bourbons...hence possibly my initial taste comparison. There were 3 other tasters...1 found it "good"...the other 2 ...so-so. I guess I was the worst...probably because of the disappointment.

But like they say...give it another go at least to confirm...right? Shall inform if I have a revelation not impeded by the beer earlier in the evening.

So. I shall stash it away and bring it out to impress next time some Single Malt aficionados drop by. Happy New Year.

Comment

When one looks at most of the popular topics on this sub forum it is natural to wonder why a thread about booze isn't more popular.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            When one looks at most of the popular topics on this sub forum it is natural to wonder why a thread about booze isn't more popular.
            Agreed! I need to virtually drink to cope with some of the people on here lol...I'm sure I cause some to do the same haha
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

Whiskey doesn't agree with me anymore but I happened to get one of those ounce and half samplers with something else I bought a while back. This one is Crown Royal Regal Apple. I'm having in a short glass with lots of ice and a splash of cola. I gotta say, it's very applely and probably considered a crime against Whiskey to Whiskey drinkers ha, ha. That said, it ain't bad and if you like Ciders and you like Whiskey then you'd probably like this.

Comment

Whiskey doesn't agree with me anymore but I happened to get one of those ounce and half samplers with something else I bought a while back. This one is Crown Royal Regal Apple. I'm having in a short glass with lots of ice and a splash of cola. I gotta say, it's very applely and probably considered a crime against Whiskey to Whiskey drinkers ha, ha. That said, it ain't bad and if you like Ciders and you like Whiskey then you'd probably like this.
                I agree....and I dont like rye...good enough to go along with some dessert actually. Warm apple pie maybe?

Comment

Yeah, its sort of like a liquor dressed up in a more manly kind of bottle. You could probably call it the Disaronno of whiskeys.

Comment

Yeah, its sort of like a liquor dressed up in a more manly kind of bottle. You could probably call it the Disaronno of whiskeys.
                    I haven't seen the bottle...just tried the sampler. But if the bottle is "manly" then kudos to the marketeers....cause I dont think the typical rye drinker is going for the sweet taste. The wives/gfs who drink might like it though. Mix it with some brandy and everyone will be flying soon...lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X