The Whisky thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    ive heard mixed reviews on japanese whisky, but i would like to try some. i heard they're not particularly peaty though, i love me some peat.
    This is a little delayed, but you are absolutely correct. However, there is a still a nice hint of smoke.

As for Peat, you ever tried Laphroaig's? There is nothing peat-ier on the market in my opinion. I'm not always looking for heavy peat, but when I do, I go with Laphroaig's. Any of them. Even the 10-Year is a fantastic Whiskey. The 15 (which they discontinued) was also a dream.

Comment

Just picked up a bottle of Glenfiddich 18 to go along with a box of Romeo et Julieta Cigars I picked up while in NYC.

Should be a classy weekend.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        This is a little delayed, but you are absolutely correct. However, there is a still a nice hint of smoke.

As for Peat, you ever tried Laphroaig's? There is nothing peat-ier on the market in my opinion. I'm not always looking for heavy peat, but when I do, I go with Laphroaig's. Any of them. Even the 10-Year is a fantastic Whiskey. The 15 (which they discontinued) was also a dream.
        yeah the laphroaigs are great. my favorite (and somehow cheapest) is the quarter cask. it's excellent.

when it comes to peat monsters i have the ardbeg corryvechan and alligator, and two bruichladdich octomore's at home. now those are peaty. good lord the peat. love them.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

i just picked this bottle up at the lcbo last week. really great value buy at $90. it's actually a new scotch, only 3 years old but it drinks like a 10 year old. fantastic stuff. i highly recommend it.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'm surprised no one has done this yet, a little themed music:

Comment

Bonkers for Bourbon

Has anyone else fallen into the Bourbon trend?

I had the great privilege of trying a 15 year Pappy Van Winkle at a Toronto establishment and my goodness did it ever light a fire in me.

It's just so good when it touches your lips!

Right now, my preferred sipping choice is Buffalo Trace. I've got a couple more nips to go before I finish it off and move on to my next in the collection which is Makers 46.

I also have a nice I.W. Harper 15 year but that's more for a special occasion and I have a 10 year Old Rip Van Winkle (that I may never drink).

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is on the craze.
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

Beer and vodka for me. I become a chatterbox when I drink whiskey stuff. It also makes me feel kinda violent and angry. My head is fucked up, I guess.
                Last edited by rocwell; Tue Nov 17, 2015, 11:16 AM.

Comment

I used to enjoy fine aged whiskeys. I cut those out when I developed a sensitivity to wheat and barely.

Comment

Merged this into the larger Whiskey conversation that was started a little while back.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Bourbon at all. Much prefer my Single Malts.

Comment

Something weird is happening since I merged this thread ... I see that slaw and ceez have posted in the Bonkers for Bourbon thread, but they are not showing up in this thread where it was all merged too .... not sure what happened.

Comment

what the HECK bro
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Apparently a little shot of liquid smoke, vanilla and Sherry added to cheap whiskery takes it close to good scotch.

Comment

My fav is Wild Turkey (I know, burbon). 81 is very good. 101 is great. Not that expensive compared to most whiskeys. I also like Wild Geese (Irish whiskey), very gentle and subtle taste. So basically I'm into bird named alcohol Oh, and I had a bottle of Glenlivet, very good as well. Not a fan of smokey whiskey (I have a bottle of Gerston, tastes like drinking a cigar).
                            MeDar ReDozan

Comment

Anybody try JW Blue?

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                Anybody try JW Blue?
                                If you like sweet stuff, go for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X