No announcement yet.

Raptors coaching staff makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey got far too much credit in year one and far too much blame in year 2. He strikes me as an average coach who doesn't make you much better than, nor does he make you much worse, your talent. In other words, he's the same as about 80% of the coaches in the NBA. Unless you're replacing him with someone who is much, much better, I never saw the point of firing him at the moment.

In Casey's favour, he should have a much better JV, a motivated Lowry (CONTRACT YEAR!), a healthy Rudy Gay and, presumably, Ujiri is going to get the roster some help. Unless, of course, everyone gets traded next week....

Comment

• You left out hopefully no Bargnani Bullshit....

Comment

• A lot of that Bargnani bullshit came from upstairs and BC not wanting to quit on Italian Lebron. Mitchell admitted as much and it was more than evident during this past season
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I guess once Jerry Sloan was not available, Masai said, "Ahhhh f*ck it. Dwane you get another year."

joking

Comment

• Casey coming back seemed like the only logical thing to do seeing the team is still in a transitional/evaluation mode. Casey also has a year left so, why not, especially since DC & MU seem to have no major philosophical differences (they had a few meetings I read). MU will also have the opportunity to check him out personally... especially the in game management moves and feel for ebb & flows, time outs and substitutions etc.

Re an offensive asst coach hire...why not someone from the Nuggets' Karl staff who raved about a few of his coaches as being HC material.

Comment

• we can always hire D'Antoni to run our offense two weeks into next season he should be available
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Is this foreshadowing of possible roster moves? If Ujiri is committing to Casey, does that mean he is committing the team itself to head in a defensive direction? Could just be that he's playing out Casey's contract while straightening out the finances, and will deal with finding a long term head coach next season, but if not and Casey is indeed his man going forward it would make sense to beleive he will build the team to suit Casey's strength's. It's a big IF, but our wings could be in Ujiri's cross hairs.

Comment

• i guess ujiri gonna tank next season

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
                    i guess ujiri gonna tank next season
                    If he is, Casey has already proven once he is not the man for that job.

Casey excelled with little to no expectations.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      Is this foreshadowing of possible roster moves? If Ujiri is committing to Casey, does that mean he is committing the team itself to head in a defensive direction? Could just be that he's playing out Casey's contract while straightening out the finances, and will deal with finding a long term head coach next season, but if not and Casey is indeed his man going forward it would make sense to beleive he will build the team to suit Casey's strength's. It's a big IF, but our wings could be in Ujiri's cross hairs.
                      Good questions.

I still think the Raptors can be a competitive team with some significant tweaks and the forever mentioned organic growth.

I think this is a transitional time where Casey is being given an opportunity to cement his place moving forward long term or to hold the bag short term.

I hope the wings are in the cross hairs. 3 and D to infinity and beyond!

Comment

• If tanking is the mission look for Ujiri to be making quite a few moves on draft night and likely having Rudy Lowry shipped out of town.

Keeping casey and his speaking of importance of Rudy being the "guy" going forward doesnt sound like Tank talk to me, and Ujiri talking about getting players for Casey's system.

Comment

• Casey: “I am excited to continue to develop our core pieces and to work with Masai to build a winner grounded in a defense first mentality.”

Doesn't sound like tank talk to me. And you know what? i'm ok with that. Raptors have some good pieces.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Sorry if this was posted already.

http://iphone.tsn.ca/tsnpodcasts/ujirijune19.mp3 audio interview with Ujiri on Casey

Comment

• I still think putting an experienced former head coach as Casey's right hand man is necessary for next season. That said, you can't discount the fact that Casey was Dallas' associate head coach during the championship run, so he must know a thing or two about basketball.
                              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                                Sorry if this was posted already.

http://iphone.tsn.ca/tsnpodcasts/ujirijune19.mp3 audio interview with Ujiri on Casey
                                He mention getting vets to put around Rudy and DD. I really don't think we're get a pick this draft. Doesn't like a rebuilt guys.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X