No announcement yet.

Raptors coaching staff makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• since they made the announcement, ive tried to watch some viper games on youtube
    honestly there isnt anything that really stands out in their plays.
    if theres anything to comment on is that they do run fastbreaks alot more than the raptors did.
    and they do shoot with some kind of efficiency.
    maybe nurse's specialty is based more on perfecting the basics rather than bringing something like a unique offensive style.

Comment

• maybe this guy can teach Fields how to actually put the ball in the hoop.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        maybe this guy can teach Fields how to actually put the ball in the hoop.
        He's a coach, not a savior.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Honestly, if there's an improvement in our out-of-bound plays, I'll be happy.

Comment

• That leaves just one assistant coach from last year, no?

Comment

• 2013-14 Assistant Coaches

Raptors have their lead assistant:

Just like everyone, Bayno has a history:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/03/sp...s-himself.html
              Last edited by thead; Sat Jul 13, 2013, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• I love me some Campari, Sweet Vermouth and a healthy dose of Bulleit.

Comment

• Aldridge freaked out when he got fired or left or whatever. Aldridge never speaks out.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Bayno's served under some solid names...

Carlesimo
                    Larry Brown
                    Calipari
                    McMillan
                    Adelman

Comment

• I thought Nurse was the Associate Coach...to me first in command if Casey gets heart palpitations or gets thrown out during a game. Isnt that the first asst.? These guys are just playing around with the titles to get their coaches on staff. Hope they dont have fist fights in the coaches meetings.

Comment

• Yeah i thought Nurse is the 1st assistant as well
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Yeah i thought Nurse is the 1st assistant as well
                          Yeah but neither one of them is "Second Grand Imperator" or "Master of the Third Temple" so those spots are still open.

Comment

• What?

Comment

• I really like this staff. Although we are not privy to the X's and O's of last year's coaches, I feel that this staff (including the front office) is solid. I'm wondering though if this is a bit of a sign of confidence towards Casey. Yes, if he has a bad year, he's gone. However, with the changes, I believe that this team is readying itself as the #7 or # 8 team in the East this year. I think all the tanking notion should be squashed. The reality is that if this team had more flexibility, it would've been more active in the off-season. That said, if this team continues to suck by the trade deadline, expect a "Montreal Expos Firesale".

I like the Bayno and Nurse addition. Both should help on D and O respectively.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                                I really like this staff. Although we are not privy to the X's and O's of last year's coaches, I feel that this staff (including the front office) is solid. I'm wondering though if this is a bit of a sign of confidence towards Casey. Yes, if he has a bad year, he's gone. However, with the changes, I believe that this team is readying itself as the #7 or # 8 team in the East this year. I think all the tanking notion should be squashed. The reality is that if this team had more flexibility, it would've been more active in the off-season. That said, if this team continues to suck by the trade deadline, expect a "Montreal Expos Firesale".

I like the Bayno and Nurse addition. Both should help on D and O respectively.
                                i think it has nothing to do with lack of confidence in casey. our past 3 coaches were given staffs that were pretty much unfireable. i think this is more casey and ujiri in tandem headhunting coaches that they might have had contact with or were happy with the potential each showed.

one thing i am thinking, because i don't know the numbers involved, is that we are paying a premium for coaches. i think the "best money can buy" mantra is in effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X