No announcement yet.

Raptors coaching staff makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at the very least a snd rounder for Kabongo wooo!

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      we can always hire D'Antoni to run our offense two weeks into next season he should be available
      Why on earth would we do that? I'm not sure what is so great about D'Antoni's offense? It basically comes at the expense of your defense, as guys leak out on every possession leaving rebounding an after-thought. It counts on forcing mismatches by going small, which in turn cause reverse mis-matches, and he requires a point-guard with really good vision, which we don't have.

No thanks to D'Antoni.

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        Why on earth would we do that? I'm not sure what is so great about D'Antoni's offense? It basically comes at the expense of your defense, as guys leak out on every possession leaving rebounding an after-thought. It counts on forcing mismatches by going small, which in turn cause reverse mis-matches, and he requires a point-guard with really good vision, which we don't have.

No thanks to D'Antoni.
        twas a joke my friend
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• take with a grain of salt.

bucket of rocks posting that he thinks ujiri is going to wipe the asst coaches clean, to be replaced by dleague coaches and popeye jones. rofl.

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
            take with a grain of salt.

bucket of rocks posting that he thinks ujiri is going to wipe the asst coaches clean, to be replaced by dleague coaches and popeye jones. rofl.
            I don't doubt his sources or stories. I hate his arrogance and disdain he carries for his readership and role. Dude is always whining about his job - but hey don't we all? - except the difference is the people he caters to would likely call it a dream job.

But to this story, Davis was Casey's guy but Roth and sterner were BC carry overs. If this is true then nori is only guy left from Pre-Casey.

Comment

• Sorry, really late to this thread and trying to catch up. A few pages back a lot of talk went to bringing in some pricey options to teach the triangle. Coaches like Shaw. However, there are cheaper options. Coach Hodges knows the triangle well, is an extremely good teacher and would be no threat to whoever the head coach is. Leweike would know him as well. Not sure where Craig Hodges is now but he should be an option if they can't get Coach Lue.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                Sorry, really late to this thread and trying to catch up. A few pages back a lot of talk went to bringing in some pricey options to teach the triangle. Coaches like Shaw. However, there are cheaper options. Coach Hodges knows the triangle well, is an extremely good teacher and would be no threat to whoever the head coach is. Leweike would know him as well. Not sure where Craig Hodges is now but he should be an option if they can't get Coach Lue.
                Is this the guy? Interesting dude. Looks like he has a bit of a blackball problem. Unless you know otherwise his bio speaks mostly to him as a shooting coach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Hodges

Comment

• Craig Hodges was a knock down shooter back in the day. I have him on my MyTeam in NBA 2K13 and he's unstoppable from long distance .

Comment

• What does Ujiri's decision to retain Casey mean?

The decision to keep Casey tells me that Ujiri and Co. are building on what is already there. In other words, tanking is probably not going to happen. It seems like that 'cause when you build on something already in place, the first thing you want to do is retain the person who played an important part in building so far. Further indication came from the Casey interview where he mentioned that he would like to see a tough veteran and a good back-up PG added to the roster. I could be totally wrong but too many things point in that direction.

Personally, I am for tanking but if building off what already exists is the plan, the right man(Ujiri) is in place. Having already done an Ex. of year winning job in Denver, there's every reason to believe, he'll do the same here.

If that's the case, it'll be interesting to see what happens. Going by his work in Denver, it's possible that a proven veteran back up PG is added to the roster. What's also possible is the Gay/Derozan combo being broken up.

Your thoughts.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• I honestly believe we have to build.. or attempt as such until mid-season so we have a clear picture of where this team lies compared to the rest of the East. Last season was not a good indicator due to schedule, calls, injuries, so we should get a better picture next season. Masai and Tim are hopefully in the same boat, we've got to give this roster (sans Bargs, Kleiza w/ 3pointer guy and solid backup 1) a shot.

Also if the Gay/Derozan combo is to be broken, I sure as hell hope it's DeRozan gone; probably even has more value due to age/contract.

Comment

• To Erik:

I wouldn't read anything into what Casey said about backup PG and grizzled veteran. It is literally the same exact thing he has been saying since he got to Toronto. I think he believes if he keeps saying the same shit in the media then maybe Ujiri will do it. A perfect example of how contradictory Casey is being to Ujiri is when Casey said he thinks the team is young enough and needs to get older, while at Ujiri's press conference he said how important it is to have a bench loaded with young talent at the 2nd and 3rd slots at each position. Now that doesn't mean Ujiri won't go that route, but I wouldn't take Casey's comments as an indication of anything Ujiri will do.

To Qasim:

I highly highly highly highly doubt Derozan has anything near the value of Gay around the league. His contract is less per year, that is literally the only thing Derozan has on Gay. Gay's contract is shorter, and he is leaps and bounds the better player, and everyone around the league knows it. Cleveland or Charlotte could sell Gay to their fans as a young All-Star caliber starting SF that could be a mainstay on the team for years to come. You can't do anything like that with DD. You'd just get questioned on why you traded for a mediocre player that is locked up on a somewhat pricey deal for the next 4 years. Basically, players of DD's quality are fairly common in the league, whereas players like Gay are rare commodities.
                        I don't know if one, both, or none of Gay and DD will be sent out, but I'm sure that Gay will bring more in return and is much more sought after by other teams.

Lastly:
                        I don't think tank is the right word for what Ujiri might do. He will build, but I expect that building to involve losing more games this season than we did last year due to an influx of young talent and draft picks, not because we're purposely trying to lose. For example, if we traded Gay for the #1 pick this year and a future 1st then I would not call that a tanking move, but a building move. It just so happens that building move wouldn't result in more wins this year, but will in the future. That also shows control of our destiny (trading Gay for known picks), as opposed to just playing Aaron Gray and D-Leaguers and hoping we luck out into the #1 selection (no way in Hell Ujiri does this, sorry Tim. W).
                        Last edited by Primer; Sat Jun 22, 2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          To Erik:

I wouldn't read anything into what Casey said about backup PG and grizzled veteran. It is literally the same exact thing he has been saying since he got to Toronto. I think he believes if he keeps saying the same shit in the media then maybe Ujiri will do it. A perfect example of how contradictory Casey is being to Ujiri is when Casey said he thinks the team is young enough and needs to get older, while at Ujiri's press conference he said how important it is to have a bench loaded with young talent at the 2nd and 3rd slots at each position. Now that doesn't mean Ujiri won't go that route, but I wouldn't take Casey's comments as an indication of anything Ujiri will do.
                          In the press conference, Ujiri also said that he would have a few conversations with Casey to share "philosophies" among other things. Based on that comment, you've got to think that Casey was commenting(interview) with knowledge of Ujiri's plan.
                          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• I've thought about this question so many times and from so many different angles, I officially have no f*%&ing idea anymore.

I can't wait until the draft on Thursday as Ujiri said it will be obvious by then what they are trying to do.

I hope and pray the remote place I am going to be Thursday will allow me to follow the draft.

Comment

• First .. there is no coach that you bring in to tank. The idea is to lose games .. so I cant imagine what coach we would have brought in where everyone would have confidently said "ah ha, we are tanking!". Maybe vinny del negro or some other horrible coach ... .. but outside of that, the best way to tank is to stick with the status quo.
                              Having said that .. I hope that Casey gets the memo that he needs to play the young guys (read: T Ross and JV) much more minutes than he did last year.

Comment

• I too am hoping for a rebuild, but I also don't think that is what will happen, an that has nothing to do with retaining Casey.

It has more to do with what ownership has done with the Jays and Leafs. There is no profit for them in going through years of rebuilding. Imo, they aren't tearing down and rebuilding. They are making moves to be competetive now, and there is no reason to beleive that it will be any different with the Raptors. Also, they have brought in a really good management team to accomplish that. TL has a track record of competing now and not rebuilding. MU has a track record of making good trades, but not necessarily known for rebuilding a team from the ground up.

Comment

Working...
                                X