No announcement yet.

Raptors coaching staff makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not just shoot myself in the foot..... ***...

Comment

Masai Ujiri Quote:

On the importance of youth: “This is a good place for basketball here and we have to build on it. We really have to build on it. One of my philosophies is to develop young talent. Maybe the back of our roster has to be young guys that grow, that we continue to develop and get better and the opportunity will come.”

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...l-name-change/

Casey better change his veterans needed to win tune me thinks. You aren't developing youth with Alan Anderson eating the minutes of Ross. Or Ed Davis barely getting a sniff for approximately 100 of his 120 games.

Comment

If Alvin Gentry strikes out on head coaching gigs, I wonder if he would take an assistant role. Dude knows offense.

Comment

Doc to leave Celtics?

Although Celtics team president Danny Ainge has stated that Doc Rivers will return to coach Boston next season, Rivers believes it "may be time for a change," according to a source close to the situation.

"Doc loves coaching," the source told ESPN. "He loves coaching in Boston. But he feels it may be time for a change."
          If Rivers were to walk away from the three years and $21 million remaining on his contract with the Celtics, it is not clear whether he would seek another coaching job next season or sit out and possibly return to broadcasting.
          Source: ESPN.com

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Rivers is not interested in going through a rebuild with Boston. If both Masai and TL are saying the Raptors are not built to compete for a championship, I'm not sure Doc would consider Toronto at this time.

But if I could choose between Doc Rivers and Dwane Casey, I am not sure there is any doubt who to go with.

Comment

He may want to go coach his son lol.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Rivers is not interested in going through a rebuild with Boston. If both Masai and TL are saying the Raptors are not built to compete for a championship, I'm not sure Doc would consider Toronto at this time.
                Money talks Matt. Lenny Wilkins came to the Raptors at a time where there was no telling when they would compete something significant.

Doc makes $7M right now. I'm thinking the Raptors would probably have to pay him Phil Jackson money.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Money talks Matt. Lenny Wilkins came to the Raptors at a time where there was no telling when they would compete something significant.

Doc makes $7M right now. I'm thinking the Raptors would probably have to pay him Phil Jackson money.
                  Money does talk but not everyone listens to it or lets it be the deciding factor.

Do you think Phil Jackson is coming to Toronto for Phil Jackson money? Is Jerry Sloan coming to Toronto for Phil Jackson money?

*btw my assumption is Phil Jackson money is $10M - that is what I remember him making his last year in LA*

Comment

Have you talked with Doc?

I personally don't know why he's leaving Boston. Do you? No guarantee whatever he attributes it to is factual. He's a class act and he won't take shots as he's leaving out the door.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Have you talked with Doc?

I personally don't know why he's leaving Boston. Do you? No guarantee whatever he attributes it to is factual. He's a class act and he won't take shots as he's leaving out the door.
                      Not lately. We lost touch after the Boston win. Success just changes some people

As for why he is leaving, everything I've read through HoopsHype.com (rumours and sources all need grains of salt, I know) have said he does not wish to go through a rebuild. Ainge is contemplating blowing it all up and Doc is not down for another period like the start of his Celtic career. Honestly, I can't blame him at this stage of his career.

Comment

• Should give Brian Shaw head coach $ to come coach the offense next year and take over when Casey's term runs out.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Not lately. We lost touch after the Boston win. Success just changes some people

As for why he is leaving, everything I've read through HoopsHype.com (rumours and sources all need grains of salt, I know) have said he does not wish to go through a rebuild. Ainge is contemplating blowing it all up and Doc is not down for another period like the start of his Celtic career. Honestly, I can't blame him at this stage of his career.
                          I still say you swing for the fences on your head coach. There is nothing to lose but airfare and/or long distance calling charges.

If T.L. is serious about winning then he should be ready to spend some serious MLSE money on a coach sometime in the next year or so.

Comment

• Toronto has probably earned the reputation, "where coaches come to die"

Comment

• They haven't hired a high profile coach in a decade. One could argue that they've received what they paid for.

Comment

• Apparently Rivers wouldn't mind looking for a new team to coach. Read it on RealGM.
                                "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                                - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Working...
                                X