Free Agency 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    So if Chicago Amnesties Boozer can Raps pick him up?
    Not unless he clears amnesty wire and is happy with exception or minimum.

Comment

Masai has been pretty quiet since the Bargnanni trade. Haven't heard a peep out of Utah and its two big free agents either other than interest from Charlotte towards Big Al. Naturally I'm thinking a trade is brewing. DeMar and Amir for some combination of AJ, PM, EK and DF.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        Masai has been pretty quiet since the Bargnanni trade. Haven't heard a peep out of Utah and its two big free agents either other than interest from Charlotte towards Big Al. Naturally I'm thinking a trade is brewing. DeMar and Amir for some combination of AJ, PM, EK and DF.
        As mentioned in another thread there are some free agents who need to settle (eg. Howard, Josh Smith, Iggy) before the lesser (eg, DD, Gay) will seriously be discussed. Those who miss out on the former will try and spend their money on the lesser.

Comment

The free agency sweepstakes are going to pick up really fast this weekend

1. If Dwight has made his decision but isn't announcing yet, it's because the team in question has to make room for him - which means it's one of Golden State, Houston or Dallas, and probably one of the first two considering that Dallas can just release or stretch somebody and instantly make room for Dwight.

2. Once Dwight announces, Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala (the two most desirable remaining unrestricted free agents) will likely come to terms with teams in the next 48 hours after that. Maybe a little longer if they decide to go to Houston and Houston has to work out a deal with somebody to make more room.

3. Once Smith and Iggy announce, Rudy Gay becomes the premium small forward potentially available to teams that want to contend.

4. Once Smith and Iggy announce, teams will start looking seriously at the remaining top RFAs available: Brandon Jennings, Nikola Pekovic and Jeff Teague.

5. O.J. Mayo and Monta Ellis should sign in the week following Dwight's announcement as second-tier free agents. (Paul Millsap and JJ Hickson are at this level too.)

6. Once Jennings and Teague sign, Kyle Lowry becomes the premium point guard potentially available to teams that want to contend.

7. Once Mayo and Ellis sign, DeMar DeRozan becomes probably the premium shooting guard available to teams that want to contend (given his excellent reputation around the league, at least).

Things are going to get very interesting very fast, I think.

Comment

Millsap isn't that low down.

Also, I don't think it means that it's those teams necessarily, I think Dwight likes the attention of leaving everyone waiting.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Dwight is a huge domino, but it doesn't mean Rudy Gay and DD are now available. MU has refused to show his cards. He could tank (trade Gay) or re-tool (trade DD - as an example) or stay put (which is very highly unlikely IMO).

And MU could still take a month to decide on what he wants to do. He seems to be a very patient man, which I actually admire but it is also very frustrating when you are a fan.

Comment

this might be how fast things go. it should be interesting

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  Millsap isn't that low down.
                  I think he is - not because he isn't good (he is), but because there aren't that many teams who have a hole at power forward this year, and most of them are bad: Phoenix, Sacramento, Orlando, Charlotte. Maybe Portland if they trade Aldridge. He's not going to get a lot of attention from the wide market.

Comment

god would he just get it over with already jesus christ i hate dwight howard
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      god would he just get it over with already jesus christ i hate dwight howard
                      Man...just because he is having trouble with "The Decision!"

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post

1. If Dwight has made his decision but isn't announcing yet, it's because the team in question has to make room for him - which means it's one of Golden State, Houston or Dallas, and probably one of the first two considering that Dallas can just release or stretch somebody and instantly make room for Dwight.

2. Once Dwight announces, Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala (the two most desirable remaining unrestricted free agents) will likely come to terms with teams in the next 48 hours after that. Maybe a little longer if they decide to go to Houston and Houston has to work out a deal with somebody to make more room.

3. Once Smith and Iggy announce, Rudy Gay becomes the premium small forward potentially available to teams that want to contend.

4. Once Smith and Iggy announce, teams will start looking seriously at the remaining top RFAs available: Brandon Jennings, Nikola Pekovic and Jeff Teague.

5. O.J. Mayo and Monta Ellis should sign in the week following Dwight's announcement as second-tier free agents. (Paul Millsap and JJ Hickson are at this level too.)

6. Once Jennings and Teague sign, Kyle Lowry becomes the premium point guard potentially available to teams that want to contend.

7. Once Mayo and Ellis sign, DeMar DeRozan becomes probably the premium shooting guard available to teams that want to contend (given his excellent reputation around the league, at least).

Things are going to get very interesting very fast, I think.
                        WHY.Do you want to trade away our best player?? Especially, after he just.fucking.said. "I look forward to playing a full season with the raptors"!?

I don't understand this obsession with blowing it up...This team has not made the playoffs since 07-08 and has not been good since the prior season. Not to mention, we finally get a star wing player which we have not had since 2004. And you just want to throw that all away and start the rebuld over, on at BEST.A 25% chance that we get a highly-touted PROSPECT. There is everything that screams avoiding a fire sale and re-rebuild at all costs. Yet, there just seems to be this obsession that we should re-build again. You're going to put that much trust in ONE man??

Based on what? One really good trade and an executive of the year award?

If anything.. Colangelo proved that wrong.

It's ridiculous to put that much faith and trust in a guy with such a small sample size. For fuck sakes, I damn well hope Ujiri is different. Nut, I will believe it when I see it.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          WHY.Do you want to trade away our best player?? Especially, after he just.fucking.said. "I look forward to playing a full season with the raptors"!?

I don't understand this obsession with blowing it up...This team has not made the playoffs since 07-08 and has not been good since the prior season. Not to mention, we finally get a star wing player which we have not had since 2004. And you just want to throw that all away and start the rebuld over, on at BEST.A 25% chance that we get a highly-touted PROSPECT. There is everything that screams avoiding a fire sale and re-rebuild at all costs. Yet, there just seems to be this obsession that we should re-build again. You're going to put that much trust in ONE man??

It's ridiculous to put that much faith and trust in a guy with such a small sample size. For fuck sakes, I damn well hope Ujiri is different. Nut, I will believe it when I see it.
                          It's the never-ending "win now" vs. "tank" debate.

Although Gay is currently our best player, it's yet to be determined if he's good enough for a championship team. If Lieweke/Ujiri's goal is to win championships, it makes sense that they wouldn't be attached to Gay (or anyone really).

As for the 25% chance of winning the lottery, if what the pundits say is true (that there are 5-8 potential allstars in the 2014 draft), then the probability of landing a top-8 pick would be far greater than 25%.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

The thing is, not just Gay they want to dump. That post also speaks of dumping DeMar and Lowry, and some would say Amir too. In other words, they want to do a "proper tank" and really cripple the team, in hopes that one of the highly touted high school kids will be the next LeBron or KD and not cry to leave when there"s no team around him in a few years. We have 3 lottery players developing, a young and improving still Amir, Gay with new eyes, Lowry in a contract year, Fields with a new arm, and they want to blow it all up for a fantasy,,,,,,,,,,, because the pundits say there"s up to 8 superstars.

How often to high school "stars" not pan out. How often do college "stars", not pan out. But hey, there"s 8 superstars in high school now, so let"s blow it all up to get one of the great big bundle of superstars to lead us to the promised land. I have faith that Ujiri has the patience to play his cards smarter than that.

Comment

Iggy's going to GSW so Dwight is most likely out

Comment

I'm going through the list of prospects in Draft Expresses 2014 mock and although it's just a brief scouting report on each player I can't say I'm impressed. Would love to have Wiggins but it would be really dumb to strip away the entire roster for a 25% chance (and that's the best case scenario).

Randle has been mentioned but the guy does not have defensive fundamentals. I even mentioned Parker once since he was neck and neck with Wiggins, but he's dropped to 6th in their mock draft and hasn't played college ball yet. There are a few PG, but everyone in the league pretty much has their PG of the future already. If Toronto wanted one of those PG's in next years draft I'm sure they could trade in for it without having to tank.

I think Toronto's draft pick has more value then it then the player that they will end up picking with it. I say they sell high.

Comment

Working...
                                X