Free Agency 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It's the never-ending "win now" vs. "tank" debate.

Although Gay is currently our best player, it's yet to be determined if he's good enough for a championship team. If Lieweke/Ujiri's goal is to win championships, it makes sense that they wouldn't be attached to Gay (or anyone really).

As for the 25% chance of winning the lottery, if what the pundits say is true (that there are 5-8 potential allstars in the 2014 draft), then the probability of landing a top-8 pick would be far greater than 25%.
    We haven't had a good wing player since Carter. You don't just throw that away is my point. Among other points that I'm trying to make.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
      The thing is, not just Gay they want to dump. That post also speaks of dumping DeMar and Lowry, and some would say Amir too. In other words, they want to do a "proper tank" and really cripple the team, in hopes that one of the highly touted high school kids will be the next LeBron or KD and not cry to leave when there"s no team around him in a few years. We have 3 lottery players developing, a young and improving still Amir, Gay with new eyes, Lowry in a contract year, Fields with a new arm, and they want to blow it all up for a fantasy,,,,,,,,,,, because the pundits say there"s up to 8 superstars.

How often to high school "stars" not pan out. How often do college "stars", not pan out. But hey, there"s 8 superstars in high school now, so let"s blow it all up to get one of the great big bundle of superstars to lead us to the promised land. I have faith that Ujiri has the patience to play his cards smarter than that.
      I don't have any faith left in this organization if they blow the team up again.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        Randle has been mentioned but the guy does not have defensive fundamentals. I even mentioned Parker once since he was neck and neck with Wiggins, but he's dropped to 6th in their mock draft and hasn't played college ball yet.
        I never understood how someone can drop in rankings in the summer? What are they basing the drop on? Is someone spying on him to see if he's eating McFlurries and cutting his runs short?

Comment

Utah took a major dump.

which now means, there is no way Millsap stays there. Get your Millsap sign and trade scenarios ready people.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

S&T might be difficult since the Raptors don't have cap space. Meaning to take back Millsap they would have to send Utah equal salary (unless they can get a 3rd team involved). Utah may be capped because of RJ/AB.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
              I never understood how someone can drop in rankings in the summer? What are they basing the drop on? Is someone spying on him to see if he's eating McFlurries and cutting his runs short?
              They say he's gained weight and appears to have motivation issues.

Comment

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post

Ryan Wolstat doesn't understand things
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Does anyone find it funny/ironic that within one year, Orlando has already won the 4 team trade? LA (maybe) loses Dwight, Philly loses Bynum and Denver loses Iggy. I was going to suggest that maybe Masai isn't as sharp as he seems as he gave away assets for one year of Iggy but I guess two other teams did the same thing.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      WHY.Do you want to trade away our best player?? Especially, after he just.fucking.said. "I look forward to playing a full season with the raptors"!?
                      Because if Rudy Gay is our best player, we don't have a good team. It's really that simple. We already know how good this team was last year when we weren't playing Bargnani (who actively hurt us, because he was just that bad): we're a .500 team. A .500 team is good for maybe 7th or 8th seed in the East. let's say magically DeMar and Rudy get better, which likely won't happen but it COULD, and we win another four or five games - now we're the 6th seed and a likely first-round playoff exit. That's our ceiling.

If you're happy with that, then go cheer for the fucking Milwaukee Bucks and every year you can enjoy the thrill of MAYBEEEEE making the playoffs. Me: I want a team that can contend. You know how happy Golden State fans are today with the Iguodala signing? They're a POWER now, a top-4 team in the West. That's what I want, and we're not going to be a power with this team. Not ever, because as good a GM as Ujiri might be, he's not magic, and he can't make other teams trade away the franchise player we don't have because most NBA trades are generally relatively balanced - except when one team is gambling, like in the Bargnani trade.

We've sucked for a long time, but we've never done a proper rebuild because every year BC would brew up a fresh batch of We Only Need Incremental Change Kool-Aid and too many fans would drink it up and ask for more, and then we'd suck because the Raptors didn't need incremental change, they needed a teardown and proper rebuild. And we still need that, except BC is gone, so fans are brewing the Kool-Aid themselves and convincing themselves that Rudy and DeMar are likely to get better rather than being the known quantities they are. Have fun with that; I want a winning team and they aren't on it, and we need to trade them now before other teams actively recognize that they're just average players with inflated salaries.

Comment

Fuck Dwight Howard! why do teams want that clwon?

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                          Fuck Dwight Howard! why do teams want that clwon?
                          he leads the league in locker room farts

Comment

JARRETT JACK is a FA....let's full MLE his ass right now

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              Does anyone find it funny/ironic that within one year, Orlando has already won the 4 team trade? LA (maybe) loses Dwight, Philly loses Bynum and Denver loses Iggy. I was going to suggest that maybe Masai isn't as sharp as he seems as he gave away assets for one year of Iggy but I guess two other teams did the same thing.
                              Masai gave away Aaron Affalo, Al Harrington (who spent the year injured) and whichever ends up being worse of Denver and New York's picks this year (should end up being mid-20s). Given Harrington's contract ($7.5m) he got rid of a liability and turned it into an All-Star at the cost of a decent-but-nothing-special player and a late first-rounder. That's pretty solid.

Comment

It's actually bigger because Utah also got Brandon Rush on top of Biedrins and Jefferson.

Comment

Working...
                                X